Does Equinox still have a Sky Lounge?

mafig

1 hour ago, mafig said:

It hasn't been made smaller or completely eliminated, has it?

Thanks to the Grand Bahamas accident with their dry dock in 2019, Equinox had to be rescheduled and she did not get her full Revolution makeover. As a result, the Sky Lounge was spared!

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, mahdnc said:

Thanks to the Grand Bahamas accident with their dry dock in 2019, Equinox had to be rescheduled and she did not get her full Revolution makeover. As a result, the Sky Lounge was spared!

The Revolutionizing of the S class ships doesn't call for any changes to the Sky Lounge.  

The Equinox was originally supposed to have Sky Lounge "hacked up" to make way for additional cabins. Thanks to the issue at the dry dock facility requiring the ship to go to Europe and not being able to complete the dry dock completely, the Sky Lounge remained intact.

1 hour ago, Zigster said:

The Revolutionizing of the S class ships doesn't call for any changes to the Sky Lounge.  

They were going to put in suites like in Reflection. 

1 minute ago, Zigster said:

That's interesting as they did not add suites in that area when they completely Revolutionized Silhouette.  

Silhouette's drydock schedule was also delayed and relocated at the last minute by the shipyard accident.  It has been a while, but I believe she was also slated to get those suites as well.

Realize there has been previous extensive discussions on how Suites were going to be added, cutting into the port side of the Sky Lounge.  But both S-Class ships that were Revolutionized didn’t have that done, but according to some posts only because of shipyard issues. And the only ship with that has Suites restricting the Sky Lounge area is the Reflection which was part of the original design, and the Silhouette built After the Reflection didn’t have that done. 

So I’d think the speculation on losing a good part of the Sky Lounge is just that. Even if X adds Suites, it could be just removing the existing Meeting rooms on the port side next to the Sky Lounge which wouldn’t impact the Lounge. 

I don’t have first hand knowledge on Any of this, just ‘speculating’. 

den

2 hours ago, Denny01 said:

And the only ship with that has Suites restricting the Sky Lounge area is the Reflection which was part of the original design, and the Silhouette built After the Reflection didn’t have that done. 

The Silhouette was built in 2011.  The Reflection was built in 2012.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

The Silhouette was built in 2011.  The Reflection was built in 2012.  

Ooops. So much for my knowledge………thanks for getting rid of my Bad Data!