OBC?

capegirl

Sailing on Onward shortly.  Would like to know what we can use our OBC for.  When booking with Agent (who did not know!!) the booking form said OBC for excursions.  Would like to know if we can use for other items other than excursions.

Hi,

OBC as the name suggests can be used for most spending ON board. Specialty dining, beverage packages, shops etc.

What is special to OBC, and a bit counterintuitive, is that it can be used even before embarcation but for excursions only. Not sure if that applies to all OBC or only to special indicated one. The non refundable OBC cannot be used fir extra tips.

cheers

MouseBerry

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MouseBerry said:

Hi,

OBC as the name suggests can be used for most spending ON board. Specialty dining, beverage packages, shops etc.

What is special to OBC, and a bit counterintuitive, is that it can be used even before embarcation but for excursions only. Not sure if that applies to all OBC or only to special indicated one. The non refundable OBC cannot be used fir extra tips.

cheers

MouseBerry

All OBC can be used beforehand to buy excursions

38 minutes ago, KEN31VA said:

Any suggestions as to things worth buying in the shop with excess OBCs?

I have a lovely selection of handbags and a purse that in the real world I would never have bought ! The bag I purchased on board in January worked out £50 cheaper than if I had bought it in the  UK.   Personally I would never have  paid that much!

I bought 3 perfumes on board in April, could be gifts or I could use myself.  I did think the prices in the on board  shop had increased greatly 😢
 We would all prefer money off the cruise instead  but I have never wasted any of my obc over the years and used it for end of cruise transfers, pedicure, trips and  speciality restaurant. 

Enjoy spending it !!

• Like 3

Hi,

with the experience more packages you get some monetary benefit. For that reason i guess it has to be bought with real/fresh money. 

Had 1000$ OBC on our last cruise. Could not use it all. The last 100$ were dropped. It is a bit disappointing we could not use it for extra tipping. But in special dining you can use it for the extra tip on the receipt.

Was thinking to drink the indecent expensive whiskey or congac at the last evening. 25$ a shot, but am not that posh.

cheers

MouseBerry

16 minutes ago, matador316 said:

First time Azamara cruiser here. I am confused about the OBC. Once on board, can you use your OBC to purchase the experience more packages? How about beverage upgrade packages?

Yes

• Like 1

So there is at least one answer saying you can't use OBC for experience packages, and at least one saying you can. Is the difference whether you do it before cruising or while on board? Is it possible different ships apply some kind of Azamara policy about this differently?

23 hours ago, eclipst said:

Experience More packages can be bought ahead of the cruise by phone. You can not use OBC to buy these packages before the cruise.

See Using Nonrefundable OBC to Buy Experience More Packages?

Thanks! That's not a particularly smart policy for Azamara, IMO. Why would I wait until boarding and risk having excursions sell out? If I could use my existing OBC to purchase package *now*, I probably would, and then also use the $700 excursion-only-OBC included in the package (again, ahead of sailing). Azamara would lock in all of my spend. As is, I'm less likely to buy the package, might not pay for all of the included bits'and'pieces such as the spa, and more likely to shop for 3rd-party excursions.

Edited by JYDCruise

My sister has just returned from Pursuit, they were able to use their included onboard spend on pretty much what they wanted. 
There onboard credit wasn’t flagged as being for shore excursions only. 
I have had a lovely time spending my excursion onboard credit for our cruise in Jan, we don’t usually do organised trips. 

Hi,

OBC to my knowledge is never for excursions only. There is only a flag for refundable and non refundable OBC. OBC can be used before embarkation for excursions and apparently as mentioned in this thread for experience packages before embarkation as well, which is good to know as i was not aware of this fact.