Testing to enter U.S has been SCRAPPED is that correct?

ace2542

11 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

I'm not sure it will make a difference yet for joining a cruise. You haven't needed to test the enter the UK for a while but you still need to test before joining a Cunard ship in Southampton.

Those requirements are likely to be scrapped now I think at some point in the near future. Especially on the T/As as neither side requires them now and refunds and that sort of thing will go away.

25 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

According to article in NY Post Biden has ended it or will end it very very soon like within a couple of days. Cunard and others probably won't be far behind perhaps.

It has ended as of today for those of us who need to return to the U.S. or for visitors coming to the U.S. It will be re-evaluated by CDC in 90 days. For us, it means we do not have to work out a test while onboard QE June 23 for a return to U.S. June 24. Great news for us.

I’ve answered my own question. This is such good news. 

The Biden administration will drop the Covid-19 testing requirement for inbound air travelers from abroad on Sunday, ending one of the longest-running travel restrictions of the pandemic.

The rule, put in place by the Trump administration in early 2021 and later tightened by the Biden administration, most recently required inbound travelers, including U.S. citizens, to show proof of a negative Covid test a day before boarding U.S.-bound flights. Travelers entering the U.S. at land border crossings were exempt.

The change takes effect at 12:01 a.m. ET on Sunday.

• Like 1

I wonder if that means the tests that travellers on the QE have had to have so far to go ashore in the US will end soon as well. We fly into Canada and I'm sure will still have to test to go aboard initially, but maybe not for SF or Fort Lauderdale? Watching with interest, but I suppose it also depends on CDC rules. 

I believe is just for flying at the moment. We are going to Norway next month and their rules are as open as the UK yet we still need to get fit to fly type tests before boarding, so I would not hold your breath re cruising. Obviously great news if you are flying into the US though. 

The problem this will bring is with more and more countries not requiring tests for arrival by air, the number of testing companies will reduce, giving limited availability for testing for those people who require testing to go on a cruise ship.  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Poole Boy said:

The problem this will bring is with more and more countries not requiring tests for arrival by air, the number of testing companies will reduce, giving limited availability for testing for those people who require testing to go on a cruise ship.  

Yes that has ocurred to me too 

Perhaps then the testing will be coordinated by the cruise ship at check in, as they had been doing. I, personally, cannot understand why Cunard has not already done this.

Then, again, perhaps the cruise lines should also stop testing passengers, since ALL are vaccinated! 

Edited by njguy_south

18 hours ago, elmsliebev said:

I wonder if that means the tests that travellers on the QE have had to have so far to go ashore in the US will end soon as well. We fly into Canada and I'm sure will still have to test to go aboard initially, but maybe not for SF or Fort Lauderdale? Watching with interest, but I suppose it also depends on CDC rules. 

We didn't have to test on the NCL Bliss to get off the ship in Seattle last month at the end of our cruise.

• Like 1

We were not required to test before disembarking at Brooklyn on Sunday 5th June.

Immigration only looked at and machine read our passports and took fingerprints. They weren't interested in anything else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D&N said:

We were not required to test before disembarking at Brooklyn on Sunday 5th June.

Immigration only looked at and machine read our passports and took fingerprints. They weren't interested in anything else.

Probability because you were tested before departure in Southampton

44 minutes ago, Poole Boy said:

Probability because you were tested before departure in Southampton

32 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

How would they know?

And we were tested at Nice Airport on 28th May, a full 8 days earlier. I'd be surprised if that was acceptable.

1 hour ago, WestonOne said:

The Cunard port guide may not have been updated yet, but it seems to suggest some US ports do need a test, and some don't

image.png.dfbfc7a76fd093e70ba2d96556f906f3.png

Last updated 1 June according to the footer - they are really slow updating it generally 

6 hours ago, lissie said:

Last updated 1 June according to the footer - they are really slow updating it generally 

Changes only happens yesterday, I doubt they have someone on 24 hour standby to update these documents

• Like 1