Passport Requirement Uk

We are travelling to the USA December 2022 the requirements to enter are for a valid passport for the duration of the stay. However Royal Caribbean states 6 months post cruise. I have passports the expire 3 and 5 months after we return to the UK. Do you think Royal enforce this passport rule or to be safe obtain new ones. Just applied for ESTA not realising it needs to be done again if passport changes.

2 minutes ago, jamessophie said:

We are travelling to the USA December 2022 the requirements to enter are for a valid passport for the duration of the stay. However Royal Caribbean states 6 months post cruise. I have passports the expire 3 and 5 months after we return to the UK. Do you think Royal enforce this passport rule or to be safe obtain new ones. Just applied for ESTA not realising it needs to be done again if passport changes.

They have been known to enforce it in the past.  Personally I would be getting new ones.  The cost of a couple of ESTA's is far cheaper than the loss of the cruise.

2 hours ago, jamessophie said:

Also remember that UK passports are now subject to the same rules as every other country i.e the passport will be valid for 10 years from date of issue the "lost" months will not be added to the total.

2 hours ago, jamessophie said:

Forget Royal you could well be refused boarding at the airport on your way out of the UK.

18 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Forget Royal you could well be refused boarding at the airport on your way out of the UK.

I agree - I would be more worried about being denied at the airport in the UK.

I had a family (US) member denied boarding at a US airport who was flying to the UK for a vacation because their passport was expiring in less than 6 months.

7 hours ago, jamessophie said:

Do you think Royal enforce this passport rule.

For a US sailing, no. The 6 month "rule" is a recommendation - there's no country on any US sailing itinerary which requires it.

Just now, Sarah1974 said:

I thought the airline rules are 6 months to be remaining on the passport at the time of the return journey

Sure, for a destination that requires that - the US and RCI don't.

Just get new ones ... not worth the worry and you want to enjoy the run up to holiday without worrying

trust me ive been there  just now when I sent daughters passport away and worried It would-be be here on time but we have received it (there is a backlog of passports for uk so we were lucky.

so just send it away and get it renewed then look forward to holiday

• Like 1

On 6/15/2022 at 2:57 AM, jamessophie said:

Also consider most airlines have a similar 6 month requirement. So, check with them also. 

• Like 1

On 6/15/2022 at 2:57 AM, jamessophie said:

Entry into the U.S. by foreign visitors has nothing to do with what RCL does or does not do. The 6-months remailing on your passport requirement is a regulation of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, and is the same requirement that exists for travel to the Shengen countries in Europe. The reality is that you are very likely not even going to be able to board a plane in your home country on a short-dated passport.

• Like 1

Just get a new one. Not worth the risk. i doubt you will be able to leave the uk without more then 6 months left.

Also i doubt your travel insurance will cover any costs for not being allowed to fly due to passport issues. 

So get new ones and dont delay either.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2022 at 10:23 AM, the penguins said:

Not so.

it clearly states….

Passport validity

If you are visiting the USA your passport should be valid for the proposed duration of your stay. You don’t need any additional period of validity on your passport beyond this.

Edited by little britain