Oasis class to Voyager class...

17 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I think I remember that lady. That saying was in her signature, correct? I can't remember for CC name but sorry to hear she passed away. RIP

She was the one with the long white braids, wore matching clogs with her matching western hat.  Rode around in a scooter.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Absolutely too hot and muggy for us as well in the summer.....that is why I am currently posting this from our usual summer time retreat in Maine, north of Bar Harbor.  😉 

May be tad too cool (right now anyway)....cloudy, damp, 59 degrees.   😮 

Today actually had the feel of a September day here in RI but it is beautiful. Just got home from a bike ride.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

The first time we saw an Oasis class ship in person (I think it was the Allure in 2013), I said I'd never try it, it looked too big and closed in. And reading all the threads about booking shows ahead of time, having to plan out your whole schedule before getting on the ship, and the confusion I felt when reading about all the different room categories and neighborhoods...it just seemed stressful and overwhelming.

I really like Voyager/Freedom class ships. When Oasis first came out I had very little interest. It just seemed like too much pre-planning. How do I know when I will feel like going to a show three months ahead of time? Well back then I always took my parents along on cruises. My mother kept hinting (not so subtlety) that she wanted to go on Oasis. So one year a booked Lady O as a Christmas present to her. I, she, the family, loved the ship and the cruise. I now go back and forth between V/F and O class ships. The point of this post is... enjoy the anticipation. Even if the O class isn't for you it is definitely worth experiencing. They are amazing, and unique, ships.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I really like Voyager/Freedom class ships. When Oasis first came out I had very little interest. It just seemed like too much pre-planning. How do I know when I will feel like going to a show three months ahead of time? Well back then I always took my parents along on cruises. My mother kept hinting (not so subtlety) that she wanted to go on Oasis. So one year a booked Lady O as a Christmas present to her. I, she, the family, loved the ship and the cruise. I now go back and forth between V/F and O class ships. The point of this post is... enjoy the anticipation. Even if the O class isn't for you it is definitely worth experiencing. They are amazing, and unique, ships.

My feelings exactly. I'm looking forward to it and who knows, maybe I'll love it. If not, back to voyager/freedom I go. I'm not gonna stress too much about booking my whole week, I'll do what I can when I get on the ship and if it doesn't work out perfectly I'll just go with the flow. I think I'll enjoy it.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

My feelings exactly. I'm looking forward to it and who knows, maybe I'll love it. If not, back to voyager/freedom I go. I'm not gonna stress too much about booking my whole week, I'll do what I can when I get on the ship and if it doesn't work out perfectly I'll just go with the flow. I think I'll enjoy it.

Don't miss the diving show in the Aqua Theater. It is unique to the O class ships and just spectacular.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

When Oasis first came out I had very little interest.

Same for Odyssey class - I only tried it because a friend was going and we wanted to join her.  Did NOT like if for the first three days as the layout was just so different, but it grew on me. We're looking forward to a transatlantic on her next next spring.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, loman said:

Us too . It takes less time to book a cruise as you dont have to sift through the other offerings with other class of ships .

We only look at sailings out of Fort Lauderdale or Miami.

Narrows it down pretty good.🙂

We are sailing out of bayonne New Jersey in august on the oasis

6 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

We are sailing out of bayonne New Jersey in august on the oasis

We flew into Newark and boarded the Anthem to Bermuda .

There was construction everywhere and took over an hour to get to the pier .

Then the Atlantic was rough , so i said never again .

But since they placed the Oasis over there now , who knows .

Enjoy your cruise , Its one of my favorite ships.

39 minutes ago, loman said:

Its one of my favorite ships.

Mine too, enjoyed when it was here in PC. Has a few minor advantages over Harmony (to me anyway). But since we're trading Harmony for Wonder, I won't complain too much.

1 hour ago, loman said:

We flew into Newark and boarded the Anthem to Bermuda .

There was construction everywhere and took over an hour to get to the pier .

Then the Atlantic was rough , so i said never again .

But since they placed the Oasis over there now , who knows .

Enjoy your cruise , Its one of my favorite ships.

Wow.  We had no trouble getting to the pier for our adventure cruise end of may.  Will leave extra  early August 5

On 6/17/2022 at 11:30 AM, SilkySal said:

After I read that Voyager may not have a Promenade, you made me look! We'll be on Voyager in 2024 and I really like the Promenades!

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/voyager-of-the-seas/deck-plans/2143/05

I truly hope Voyager has a Promenade since we have a Promenade room booked on it for a NE cruise this Sept! 😆 

We sailed the Oasis this past Sept when cruising opened up. Loved the Boardwalk balcony (last balcony room before the Aqua Suite) - great views.  The ship was a little over half capacity and it was wonderful. I’m not sure if I’d like it as much at capacity. I’ve found that I’ve pretty much enjoyed most ships I’ve been on, but I do like the Voyager and up class…more places to walk around.

1 minute ago, cooncat_mom said:

I truly hope Voyager has a Promenade since we have a Promenade room booked on it for a NE cruise this Sept! 😆 

We sailed the Oasis this past Sept when cruising opened up. Loved the Boardwalk balcony (last balcony room before the Aqua Suite) - great views.  The ship was a little over half capacity and it was wonderful. I’m not sure if I’d like it as much at capacity. I’ve found that I’ve pretty much enjoyed most ships I’ve been on, but I do like the Voyager and up class…more places to walk around.

I was on Allure at slightly under 50% and then at around 60%. Both were great.  No trouble getying solarium seats, no probkem with Windjammer seating, etc. The first cruise I do back at 100% will be an eye opener.

15 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

We will now sail only on Oasis class ships- we are not happy with the older smaller ships.  Less to offer, restaurant choices not good.

I just don’t see the big ships going anywhere interesting, I still go on them, but alternate between the big girls and other classes with more varied itineraries 

Edited by CanadaRob
Spelling
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Wow.  We had no trouble getting to the pier for our adventure cruise end of may.  Will leave extra  early August 5

This wasnt recent ,  it was a couple of years ago .

I guess  they are finished by now . 😁

We tried Oasis class once. We felt that they had finally succeeded in making you feel like you were not at sea at all! Which basically meant you were in a resort with tiny rooms.

I must confess that our experience was most negatively impact by our choice of a "neighborhood balcony". You know, where you cannot see the ocean, but you can see Johnny Rockets, as well as your neighbors across the alley drying their clothes, or worse, riding the hobby horse with the curtains open.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, publicpersona said:

We tried Oasis class once. We felt that they had finally succeeded in making you feel like you were not at sea at all! Which basically meant you were in a resort with tiny rooms.

I must confess that our experience was most negatively impact by our choice of a "neighborhood balcony". You know, where you cannot see the ocean, but you can see Johnny Rockets, as well as your neighbors across the alley drying their clothes, or worse, riding the hobby horse with the curtains open.

I got a boardwalk balcony once for the novelty , first time on the Oasis .

We had ocean views out the back of the ship.

I booked outside ocean view balcony cabins ever since . 

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I was on Allure at slightly under 50% and then at around 60%. Both were great.  No trouble getying solarium seats, no probkem with Windjammer seating, etc. The first cruise I do back at 100% will be an eye opener.

My husband and I sailed the Norwegian Getaway in April this year - SO different! It was at capacity complete with jammed elevators, full theaters and crowded walkways... needless to say, we returned with Covid (and I had masked everywhere except my cabin. My husband didn't at all). I will miss the lower capacity...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CanadaRob said:

I just don’t see the big ships going anywhere interesting, I still go on them, but alternate between the big girls and other classes with more varied itineraries 

Then we switch it up with Celebrity.  Will not go on any royal old ships anymore.

8 hours ago, publicpersona said:

Honestly, best to consider a Jr. Suite and above if you can swing it.  Otherwise, for those with budget concerns, a Central Park view is a great choice.  Boardwalk much too noisy.

Edited by Cruise a holic

16 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Don't miss the diving show in the Aqua Theater. It is unique to the O class ships and just spectacular.

Harmony did not have "Fine Line" a couple of weeks ago.  Was disappointed.  They did have the other Hideaway Heist show...but not a fan.  

13 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Mine too, enjoyed when it was here in PC. Has a few minor advantages over Harmony (to me anyway). But since we're trading Harmony for Wonder, I won't complain too much.

I promise to bring her in intact on November 13th.  😉   Will be our home for four weeks.  🥰

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

It was.  😵  Harmony couple of weeks ago... 1st leg 96%, second leg 99%.   Quite the difference...you Will notice it!  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, island lady said:

I promise to bring her in intact on November 13th.  😉   Will be our home for four weeks.  🥰

Jealous enough already. I have to wait til next June. 😭

On the plus side, we're doing a repeat of the family suite cruise b/c my in-laws loved CK and the suites so much and want to do it on Wonder now. They may not ever leave the suite neighborhood, lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Jealous enough already. I have to wait til next June. 😭

On the plus side, we're doing a repeat of the family suite cruise b/c my in-laws loved CK and the suites so much and want to do it on Wonder now. They may not ever leave the suite neighborhood, lol.

We are already booked again later for end of October B2B next year.   Another Halloween cruise, same ship, same cabin.  😉