Bahamas drops testing requirement

BND

8 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Still requiring tests for unvaccinated.  And cruise passengers didn't have to fill out the Heath Visa to begin with.

But cruisers did/do have to have a negative test.  POINT IS, this is another step towards testing going away.  More and more countries are dropping the requirement.

Edited by BND
  • Like 8

9 minutes ago, twangster said:

Any day now...  come on CDC.  Any day now.  Drop pre-cruise testing.  It's coming... any day now.

It's what I was hoping for when I posted the story lol.

Our upcoming July cruise is to Bermuda.  They changed the requirement to provide a negative test for vaxxed individuals on their travel authorization already.   I have four tests I will gladly toss in the trash and take a loss on if I don't ever have to use them 🙂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Now Bermuda should get its money grabbing act together.....

Edit: just saw the above post. Do you still have to pay the $40 for their travel visa?

Yes.  In fact, starting today we can submit for our 22 July cruise.  From everything I've read, that won't be going away anytime soon.  They have it figured into their budget until sometime in 2023 at least.

1 minute ago, BND said:

Yes.  In fact, starting today we can submit for our 22 July cruise.  From everything I've read, that won't be going away anytime soon.  They have it figured into their budget until sometime in 2023 at least.

I had heard March 2023. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BND said:

They have it figured into their budget until sometime in 2023 at least.

They're fitting in nicely w/ the rest of the world...'get all ya can while ya can'.  

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 4

We do check daily now and hope that testing will be dropped, since we wish to book multiple cabins. But we won't as long as testing is required. Can't take the risk the one party is denied boarding and all others have to cruise.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SoBe2010 said:

We do check daily now and hope that testing will be dropped, since we wish to book multiple cabins. But we won't as long as testing is required. Can't take the risk the one party is denied boarding and all others have to cruise.

Countries are dropping the requirement and letting people in to spread out among their populations so there is absolutely zero reason to keep testing cruisers.  Tourist are staying in hotels, eating out, going on excursions with others, etc.  Apparently logic completely evades the CDC.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Shorewalk Holmes said:

Hard to argue with this.

I can't tell if you're being serious or facetious.  Cause you know, no one goes ashore when on a cruise.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, BND said:

I know this will probably get moved to the ports of call board, but I hadn't seen it posted.  I could have missed it, but...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ericawertheimzohar/2022/06/17/its-better-in-the-bahamas-bahamas-removes-travel-health-visa-requirements/?sh=87c4ec92d6d4

Thanks for the information. Our problem with Bermuda cruises wasn't the testing per se, but the extremely short timeline after reporting the results for the Tourism Office to get approval back to the passenger to allow boarding. 

Edited by Shorewalk Holmes

1 minute ago, Shorewalk Holmes said:

People go ashore whether you test or not.  Precruise testing cuts down on another stream of possible infection.

Pretty sure you missed my point.

Get ready because pre-cruise testing will be going away.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, BND said:

Pretty sure you missed my point.

Get ready because pre-cruise testing will be going away.  

Can you elaborate?  What was your point then? 

It appears you were suggesting that because people go ashore there's little point in precruise testing. Clearly this isn't a logical position.  Precruise testing reduces the infection stream coming aboard, as @BirdTravels said.  It's beneficial whether people go ashore or not.

That said, I hope you're right that someday testing will go away when the chance of illness disrupting people's cruises  is much smaller.

6 minutes ago, wayne_trisha said:

Active covid is on the ships. Testing clearly has not stopped it.

No, but it helps.

I guess we don't know how bad things would have been all this time without testing. Unless maybe someone knows of a real case of a line with large ships and no testing.

18 minutes ago, Shorewalk Holmes said:

The key word is 'helps'.  He didn't say it keeps all Covid off.  

So forcing the testing of hundreds of thousands of healthy vaccinated people days before the cruise  to find the few that are postive only helps but does not prevent covid on a ship here people sit outside moving through fresh air and have no more than 3 seconds of prolonged exposure to 99 percent of the people on board who are vaccinated  ...... sounds logical and should be done forever...... said no sane person ever. 

• Like 8