Formal nights

florence11

55 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

The I guess you'll never sail on NCL, with their attitude towards dressing for dinner, you'd have heart palpitations.

Maybe her husband can go on NCL.   And she can go on Princess.   Just sayin. Lol.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, PTMary said:

I love my husband. I would rather him be dressed comfortably than to be uncomfortable just to satisfy the self appointed formal night dress code police. 

How about the self appointed slovenly dressed police?

Edited by rbtan
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

The I guess you'll never sail on NCL, with their attitude towards dressing for dinner, you'd have heart palpitations.

Perhaps they prefer to dine with pax who didn't look like they came right off an excursion.

On 7/24/2022 at 1:06 PM, Esprit said:

I simply dress up to complement my wife who loves dressing up. Are some guys so selfish not even to respect their partner’s desire to dress up?

Are some ladies so selfish not even to respect their partners desire to dress down?

Don’t take away a dudes man card 😂 

It’s a man’s right to dress like a homeless person, go out, and not give a crap what people think of his appearance 

Edited by Cruise till you drop
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, caribill said:

Yes, definitely

110 1.01.05 Balloon on head to celebrate the NewYear M02-025.jpg

I can see by the expression on that poor guys face it was the wife's decision to make him wear a coat & tie. LOL 😆

She's dressed casual and couldn't care one way or the other.

• Haha 2

Just off a 7 day cruise (then 4 day land tour.)  Wonderful vacation.  Didn't notice or give a rodent's back side what anybody wore.  Didn't see a single naked person on deck.  It's all good.  

The fashion police do like to get their panties in a wad.  I waver between ignoring / laughing at them.  

IMHO dress codes are outdated and irrelevant.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, GottaLuvCruising said:

Just off a 7 day cruise (then 4 day land tour.)  Wonderful vacation.  Didn't notice or give a rodent's back side what anybody wore.  Didn't see a single naked person on deck.  It's all good.  

The fashion police do like to get their panties in a wad.  I waver between ignoring / laughing at them.  

Love this.  Lol. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Cruise till you drop said:

Are some ladies so selfish not even to respect their partners desire to dress down?

Don’t take away a dudes man card 😂 

It’s a man’s right to dress like a homeless person, go out, and not give a crap what people think of his appearance 

What about the wife standing over him with the cast iron fry pan?

1 hour ago, Ptroxx said:

Love this.  Lol. 

1 hour ago, GottaLuvCruising said:

How many naked pax have you seen on a cruise?

1 hour ago, rbtan said:

What about the wife standing over him with the cast iron fry pan?

Doesn't that sound like a fun vacation to me. 

If I forced my husband to dress up on a cruise he'd tell me to go myself and neither of us would cruise ever again. 

4 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I can see by the expression on that poor guys face it was the wife's decision to make him wear a coat & tie. LOL 😆

She's dressed casual and couldn't care one way or the other.

If you are looking to interpret the facial expression, how do you know it doesn't have to do with the large purple balloon attached to his party hat?

I have only been on 6 cruises but the most interesting person I ever met on a cruise was  a 77 year old farmer who wore his new overalls, a crisp white shirt and a red, white and blue tie for both 'formal nights,' as well as every other night. He just happened to be quite wealthy (we found this out on the last night of the cruise when he bought champagne for our table of 8, several bottles.) We looked forward to dinner every night just to hear the stories Mr. W shared with us of his life. When we met him the first night we were charmed and continued to be every night. I don't care what anyone wears as long as they are decently dressed and don't stink.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ImperialLady said:

I have only been on 6 cruises but the most interesting person I ever met on a cruise was  a 77 year old farmer who wore his new overalls, a crisp white shirt and a red, white and blue tie for both 'formal nights,' as well as every other night. He just happened to be quite wealthy (we found this out on the last night of the cruise when he bought champagne for our table of 8, several bottles.) We looked forward to dinner every night just to hear the stories Mr. W shared with us of his life. When we met him the first night we were charmed and continued to be every night. I don't care what anyone wears as long as they are decently dressed and don't stink.

Great story.     
On one of my formal nights on NCL. there was a table with dad, son and their family. They gentelman were both in their military dress. One general. One Stf Sargent.   
I walked over to thank them for their service after their dinner and to shake their hands.  And I was dressed like this.   
they both loved my attire and both said.  
man I wish my wife would let me wear that for dinner.   Lol. It was such a memorable moment for me as they were such a nice family 

I got so many guys telling me man I wish I could get away with that lol my wife would kill me.     
moral of the story. Never judge a book by its cover.  
You just never know who’s behind that cover. 

2E9751AD-0F9A-4E05-B1E4-691D479BF22F.jpeg

Edited by Ptroxx
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

Great story.     
On one of my formal nights on NCL. there was a table with dad, son and their family. They gentelman were both in their military dress. One general. One Stf Sargent.   
I walked over to thank them for their service after their dinner and to shake their hands.  And I was dressed like this.   
they both loved my attire and both said.  
man I wish my wife would let me wear that for dinner.   Lol. It was such a memorable moment for me as they were such a nice family 

I got so many guys telling me man I wish I could get away with that lol my wife would kill me.     
moral of the story. Never judge a book by its cover.  
You just never know who’s behind that cover. 

2E9751AD-0F9A-4E05-B1E4-691D479BF22F.jpeg

Love it! And love your sense of humor!! My husband would wear that in a heartbeat. We normally don't attend 'formal' nights because it's his vacation and I don't want me or anyone else dictating to him what me must wear to be 'acceptable' to others. But this trip we will...his choice only because on our first trip to Alaska very, very few men were dressed up. So he decided a white shirt, tie and sweater would be his formal attire. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ImperialLady said:

Love it! And love your sense of humor!! My husband would wear that in a heartbeat. We normally don't attend 'formal' nights because it's his vacation and I don't want me or anyone else dictating to him what me must wear to be 'acceptable' to others. But this trip we will...his choice only because on our first trip to Alaska very, very few men were dressed up. So he decided a white shirt, tie and sweater would be his formal attire. 

I just never wear pants. Been this way for a very long time.   And being a UPS driver I never had the need to wear pants.  
being retired now the last thing I want to do is get dressed up.   And I have the shirt to prove it Lolol.  
I have very nice dress shorts and nice button up dress shirts and if they won’t let me in then I’ll eat somewhere else.   
it’s no sweat off my back.  
Going to Alaska in 5 days on Discovery.   
I’ll have a pair of jeans for excursions if it’s too cold.  Which is rare for me  lol has to be under 30° to put pants on. Lol.  
and if there’s something in the MDR a I really want to eat I guess I’ll miss out.  
as long as I’m enjoying myself. A meal doesn’t make ruin my trip.  Lol.  

85F4859A-3769-4D5A-9408-A185DB97CB5D.jpeg

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

I just never wear pants. Been this way for a very long time.   And being a UPS driver I never had the need to wear pants.  
being retired now the last thing I want to do is get dressed up.   And I have the shirt to prove it Lolol.  
I have very nice dress shorts and nice button up dress shirts and if they won’t let me in then I’ll eat somewhere else.   
it’s no sweat off my back.  
Going to Alaska in 5 days on Discovery.   
I’ll have a pair of jeans for excursions if it’s too cold.  Which is rare for me  lol has to be under 30° to put pants on. Lol.  
and if there’s something in the MDR a I really want to eat I guess I’ll miss out.  
as long as I’m enjoying myself. A meal doesn’t make ruin my trip.  Lol.  

85F4859A-3769-4D5A-9408-A185DB97CB5D.jpeg

hahahaha....my husband would LOVE that shirt....although he just had his 79th birthday and still works 5 days a week!  I have seen men in nice shorts on Mexico and Caribbean locations...like I said, as long as someone is decent, nothing showing that should be covered, and don't stink I don't care what they wear...it's what's in their heart that really matters.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ImperialLady said:

hahahaha....my husband would LOVE that shirt....although he just had his 79th birthday and still works 5 days a week!  I have seen men in nice shorts on Mexico and Caribbean locations...like I said, as long as someone is decent, nothing showing that should be covered, and don't stink I don't care what they wear...it's what's in their heart that really matters.

Wow 79 and still at it.   That’s awesome.   Being with UPS so long my body just couldn’t take it anymore.  So for now I’m taking it easy for a while to let these old bones have a break and maybe after a while and I get as much traveling in I’ll go be a greater at Walmart or Home Depot CS helper.  
but for now I’m going to relax and enjoy not jumping in and out of a brown truck 500 times a day. Lolol.  

• Like 2