Carnival Pride Shocked

Carnival Pride did not meet my expectation. I had been told to expect queues/lines. I never had to queue for:

Guest Services

Bars

Buffet

Elevators

Corridors

Main Dining Room entrance

Guys Burger

Buritos or Tacos

Coffee Shop

Shops

Gym Equipment

Theatre

Comedy 

Disembarking at port

Embarking at port (perhaps a few seconds for a security scanner)

Occasionally there might be one person being served but I would be next and that was it. Perhaps I was just lucky, or I do things at different times to everybody else. As I did not get the full Carnival experience do you think I should get a free cruise?

Best wishes, Stephen. 

PS. Carnival Pride was nearly full with well over 2000 passengers

• Like 4
  • Haha 10

24 minutes ago, stephen@stoneyard.co.uk said:

Good to know it is not just me. Perhaps we need to form a support group. 

I think we probably need to go on another cruise just to make sure... for the sake of science 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Agreed. I was on the Pride for 31 days and there were never long lines for anything. The only place that might have had some minor queuing was the buffet and that was mainly do to the limited amount of space and the actual setup for the buffet. 

20 minutes ago, carohs said:

Oh good. This gives me hope for our Carnival Spirit cruise in Aug. 

I went on the Spirit to Alaska in May and was pleasantly surprised with table cloth every night in the MDR. Since it was sailing in Australia previously it was spared the new table tops for now. Spirit never felt crowded and I will take that any day over a ship with theaters and roller coasters etc.

Spirit is one of my favorites. 

I would LOVE to see them convert a small section of the ship into a theater. But, Spirit classes feel a lot better. I did not enjoy the Panorama. it sucked, I had a 2 hour pizza line once lol 

4 minutes ago, ashkir said:

Spirit is one of my favorites. 

I would LOVE to see them convert a small section of the ship into a theater. But, Spirit classes feel a lot better. I did not enjoy the Panorama. it sucked, I had a 2 hour pizza line once lol 

You stood in line for 2 hours for Pizza? Are you nuts? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

You stood in line for 2 hours for Pizza? Are you nuts? 

When we got back to the ship dining hall wasn't taking anything, went to deli, they kicked us out of line t oclose, buffet was closed we were hungry. on my sailing they were understaffed so closed everything early. 

4 hours ago, kwokpot said:

The reference was to a couple of Vista class ships that have IMAX theaters. All cruiseships have theaters.

That is what I meant by theater, yes is the IMAX. I always call the front area showroom or lounge, as it is called on the deck plans.

2 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

That is what I meant by theater, yes is the IMAX. I always call the front area showroom or lounge, as it is called on the deck plans.

See and I always refer to an IMAX as IMAX cuz it's not the same as a regular movie. Follow up, does the Spirit show movies in the theater/lounge or is that only pool side?

Spirit, Legend, Pride, best class of ship in the fleet by far.

Too bad all lines go for cramming as many people on board versus providing a great guest experience.

Would love to see them build some newer Spriit class ships, versus the larger, mega ships.

• Like 1