What happens if you test positive for Covid?

Citymom92

I just had a minor panic attack reading another thread about testing positive for Covid right before the cruise. In that thread a poster noted that now pre Covid cancel penalties are back in effect.

I booked the July 2  Equinox cruise about a month ago, directly with Celebrity, and with celebrity insurance, but after the March 2022 deadline for Cruise with Confidence . What happens if one of us tests positive in the day or two before the cruise? Do we get FCC or refund or is there a penalty loss of some of the cost? We are both vaxxed and double boosted but obvs not total guarantee that we won’t pick it up this week though I’m avoiding most indoor spaces and still wearing a mask all day at work. Poring over my insurance doc but it’s typical contract speak and hoping someone has a sense of what to expect. Thanks all!

Thanks so much for the link @jelayne. I swear I looked at the page earlier and it didn’t go into what happened before boarding. And I was confused by heading that we might have had to have booked prior to March in order to get a refund. I appreciate you taking the time to respond so quickly. 

I agree. Dealing with the vax documents, pre cruise covid tests and dysfunctional airlines can ramp up the anxiety in anyone. After you pass these challenges and finally board your most excellent Celebrity ship, I recommend loose fitting cotton clothing and an immediate trip to the Sunset Bar. You've earned it. A well deserved, Bon Voyage.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

51 minutes ago, Bill Miller said:

I agree. Dealing with the vax documents, pre cruise covid tests and dysfunctional airlines can ramp up the anxiety in anyone. After you pass these challenges and finally board your most excellent Celebrity ship, I recommend loose fitting cotton clothing and an immediate trip to the Sunset Bar. You've earned it. A well deserved, Bon Voyage.

Thank you! Yeah these last few months have felt like a year. We can’t wait to get on the ship. 

12 hours ago, Ronin23 said:

The pre cruise COVID test is without doubt the biggest stress ball. Totally out of your control and yet can blow your holiday up completely.

Your right!!!!  The number of times we've almost cancelled our cruise as we have visions of flying all the way from the UK to Sydney to join the ship, testing positive and having to fly  straight home again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, justhappytobehere said:

Your right!!!!  The number of times we've almost cancelled our cruise as we have visions of flying all the way from the UK to Sydney to join the ship, testing positive and having to fly  straight home again.

Would it be better to get on the ship with Covid and have symptoms develop after you have boarded the ship?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

I unfortunately have found myself looking into this position for my cruise this week.  You'll get an FCC.

Would it have been better to get on the ship with Covid and have symptoms develop after you have boarded the ship?

13 hours ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

I unfortunately have found myself looking into this position for my cruise this week.  You'll get an FCC.

Did you request a refund under the covid policy or did you cancel using the Cruise with Confidence where you only would get a FCC?

18 hours ago, justhappytobehere said:

You couldn't fly straight home again; you'd have to isolate for quite a few days in Sydney, then fly home.

4 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Did you request a refund under the covid policy or did you cancel using the Cruise with Confidence where you only would get a FCC?

We got the FCC. Knowing that this might happen, we contacted our TA and placed a hold on a cruise for October over the weekend. All we had to do was cancel the current cruise and book the other.

Oh and the test came back positive (not me, but someone in the group), so now we can't go on the cruise we had planned this week.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 12cruise2 said:

You couldn't fly straight home again; you'd have to isolate for quite a few days in Sydney, then fly home.

You are meant to isolate for 7 days after testing positive in Australia , truth be told that many people either don’t bother getting a test at all or don’t isolate. That’s the reality, which makes the whole test and isolate mandate a joke.

1 hour ago, Ronin23 said:

You are meant to isolate for 7 days after testing positive in Australia , truth be told that many people either don’t bother getting a test at all or don’t isolate. That’s the reality, which makes the whole test and isolate mandate a joke.

We don't need this type of behavior on cruise ships.  I'm sure glad the testing and vaccination protocols on board cruise ships are enforced.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I'm sure glad the testing and vaccination protocols on board cruise ships are enforced.

Do you really think people, besides those on CC of course, are voluntarily presenting to medical on board?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

We don't need this type of behavior on cruise ships.  I'm sure glad the testing and vaccination protocols on board cruise ships are enforced.

This behaviour already happens on cruise ships. People that don’t report symptoms once onboard and risk ruining their holiday.

5 hours ago, RichYak said:

Do you really think people, besides those on CC of course, are voluntarily presenting to medical on board?

I wasn't referring to people voluntarily reporting to medical after they are on-board the ship.  I was referring to the mandatory testing in order to board the ship and the inability to board if you test positive.  People just can't ignore those requirements.  There really isn't any downside to keeping infected people off the ship.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ronin23 said:

This behaviour already happens on cruise ships. People that don’t report symptoms once onboard and risk ruining their holiday.

I'm really not worried about anyone ruining their own holiday by making poor choices.  I'm worried about them infecting other passengers, crew and possibly the people in the ports visited by the ship.

• Like 1