Specialty restaurant reservations

Orlando Vic

2 hours ago, peagreenid said:

If you open the app they all have a default time.  Mine is 8:10PM as you can see below and each specialty restaurant is listed at 8:10 PM.  But there is a dropdown box that says "SELECT TIME" that I have circled in red below it gives you the ability to switch the time.   Scroll up or down until the time you want is highlighted and it will change the default time. 

image.thumb.png.e969f0669cd62384e9e0cef101af48e6.pngimage.png.ea26073e93fab78aa00848e595636a0e.png

Thanks. Further up the thread this was pointed out and I have now made the booking. Cheers.

2 hours ago, caribill said:

OBC cannot be used pre-cruise to pay for a specialty restaurant.

If you had a complementary specialty restaurant benefit (as a cruise perk or being in a full suite), then you can make a pre-cruise reservation and it is supposed to recognize the perk and not charge a credit cartd.

Thanks. I was mixing up the standard booking of a specialty restaurant with booking using a perk. For the recent cruise we did we had this as a perk but not for a cruise coming up. Too many cruises with different add ons - a first world problem.

5 hours ago, caribill said:

If you had a complementary specialty restaurant benefit (as a cruise perk or being in a full suite), then you can make a pre-cruise reservation and it is supposed to recognize the perk and not charge a credit cartd.

This is very hit or miss.  I think more miss than hit.  Some people have reported that after a recent update, the system recognizes your credit.  I have had no success with this and am only given the option to make the reservation using my credit card.  Princess is aware of this and offers only the suggestion to book and go to Guest Services to get a credit placed on your card, or to wait to you get on board to book.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimmyVWine said:

This is very hit or miss.  I think more miss than hit.  Some people have reported that after a recent update, the system recognizes your credit.  I have had no success with this and am only given the option to make the reservation using my credit card.  Princess is aware of this and offers only the suggestion to book and go to Guest Services to get a credit placed on your card, or to wait to you get on board to book.

I just made a reservation for Bistro Sur La Mer on my upcoming cruise on the Enchanted and the charges zeroed out at the end. The app should tell you that you have a dining credit when you make the reservation, if not, you will probably be charged.

23 hours ago, magnolia888 said:

Was the menu different from the one on the Princess website? The sample menu doesn’t seem very seafood-heavy, it shows just a few items on the whole menu, and only one seafood pasta.

Sabatini

Same menu.  I don’t eat fish, veal, Parmesan cheese, lamb etc.  You get the idea…..I’m major fussy!  😂

17 hours ago, caribill said:

OBC cannot be used pre-cruise to pay for a specialty restaurant.

We rolled the dice and booked the SR.  It wasn't clear, but sure enough, it looks like it used the "perk" that was part of our booking.  It's not clear that it does so.  But it's been a few days and we still haven't seen even a pending charge show up on the attached CC.   FWIW, the app didn't indicate that we had 2 dinners available.

Edited by Redwing55
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Redwing55 said:

We rolled the dice and booked the SR.  It wasn't clear, but sure enough, it looks like it used the "perk" that was part of our booking.  It's not clear that it does so.  But it's been a few days and we still haven't seen even a pending charge show up on the attached CC.   FWIW, the app didn't indicate that we had 2 dinners available.

Thanks. I will check my cc in a couple of days. Maybe my booking used the credit and I don’t even know it. When I hit “Confirm” my screen showed that I had a cash balance to pay and that the card I have on file was teed up for payment. 

On 6/29/2022 at 9:25 PM, JimmyVWine said:

Thanks. I will check my cc in a couple of days. Maybe my booking used the credit and I don’t even know it. When I hit “Confirm” my screen showed that I had a cash balance to pay and that the card I have on file was teed up for payment. 

The charge just came through on my cc, so the system is not always "finding" the available credit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have been trying for the last two days to make reservations at the Crown Grill for my October 8 cruise on Discovery. I have tried the app as well as the website option and it keeps saying try later. Very frustrating.

I just reserved the Crown Grille for our upcoming cruise.  The screen showed dining credit, but I could not confirm without a cc#.  I did not have my card on file, so I added my card, redid the reservation (4 people, each having a credit).  Cost was $116, credit $116, BALANCE DUE $0.  I too will keep an eye on my cc statement, but I think the credit was applied correctly.  🤞🏻

• Like 2

On 6/29/2022 at 8:40 AM, JimmyVWine said:

This is my first Princess cruise. 14 Celebrity cruises so far. We have prepaid Princess Premier package which includes 2 speciality dinners. I can only make reservations if pay by credit card on file. They told me I have to go to guest services to be reimbursed when onboard. Seems they aren’t managing this well. This is after so many miscommunications I have had with app issues. The app constantly would say that to make dining  reservations the booking has to be paid in full. It had been paid in full months ago. I was told I could only make reservations 30 days prior to embarking, reinstall the app (which I did and did not correct this issue). I have been promised calls back that never happened. Finally managed to make dining reservations via web version. Gee I thought I had issues with Celebrity but at least I can email to get issues sorted and I can apply OBC to make specialty dining reservations. No one at Princess has the ability to make any reservations via back end. I hope onboard experience is better than my service on land so far!

On 6/27/2022 at 10:38 AM, JimmyVWine said:

Must be a glitch.  I see nothing for Sabatini's on my October cruise today, whereas Crown Grill is wide open. No way S fills up before CG.  Either there is a glitch somewhere, or Princess is getting ready to retire Sabatini's on certain ships.  My ship is Regal. What is yours?

Same ship.  Same month.  Three voyages.  Just tried a Sea Day booking during each voyage and all three were good for Sabi's at the default 7:30 time or a selected 6:10 time.  It was also going to process our dining credits and charge net $0. 

ETA: I see you got res working but not the credits.

Edited by Steelers36