What happens if you test positive at the port

Unlvswezel

My family and I leave for a Mediterranean sailing tomorrow. We fly into Greece on Thursday but don't board until Saturday. We plan to all test tomorrow prior to leaving for the airport. What happens if between the time we get to Greece and the time we board one of us are positive? I recognize that we would be prohibited from boarding but are we on our own to find a quarantine hotel? Our return flight is two weeks later out of Venice. This has been my fear since cases have started to rise again, not sure if anyone has any real world experience. 

https://www.dfa.ie/travel/travel-advice/a-z-list-of-countries/greece/

Here is a link from the Greek government that stipulates 5 days of isolation. You are permitted to utilize a hotel of your choice as long as it has availability for the required length of your stay.

The question remains whether HAL will offer logistical assistance if your hotel can’t accommodate you. Travel insurance can easily cover 5 days; however, it depends on the dollar limits of your policy’s trip delay provision. Trip interruption will reimburse unused prepaid nonrefundable expenses and your return travel.

On 6/28/2022 at 11:39 AM, Babr said:

https://www.dfa.ie/travel/travel-advice/a-z-list-of-countries/greece/

Here is a link from the Greek government that stipulates 5 days of isolation. You are permitted to utilize a hotel of your choice as long as it has availability for the required length of your stay.

The question remains whether HAL will offer logistical assistance if your hotel can’t accommodate you. Travel insurance can easily cover 5 days; however, it depends on the dollar limits of your policy’s trip delay provision. Trip interruption will reimburse unused prepaid nonrefundable expenses and your return travel.

But, in the meantime, you've missed your cruise, right?

We have friends who flew out to Greece for a cruise last year.  After arriving Greece, 4 out of 20 tested positive, thus 16 went on the cruise, the 4 stay at Greece hotel for 10 days.

So for our cruise out of Vancouver 2 weeks ago, had all 30 of us take the free non-proctored test at home first, to make sure we're all Negative before flying out, then did the proctored test in Vancouver 2 days before embarkation.  Fortunately, everyone was Negative.  However, it caused alot of stress for most of us.

Hopefully, all of this testing goes away for our Sept HAL sailing...

I assume it is possible to join the cruise after the quarantine period is up. If you test +ve 3 days before embarking can you fly to the day 4 or 5 port and embark assuming you test -ve?

Edited by Nang

21 hours ago, Nang said:

I assume it is possible to join the cruise after the quarantine period is up. If you test +ve 3 days before embarking can you fly to the day 4 or 5 port and embark assuming you test -ve?

I’m not sure they’re currently allowing that, I would definitely double check, as I know at one time they were not. I believe for cruising, you must be at least 10 days past an infection, not 5 as in other instances. https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/worry-free-promise/travel-well/frequently-asked-questions/faq-for-cruises-from-europe.html

Edited by syesmar