Rotterdam April 2023 TA

Crusin-Suzan

We are booked on this cruise and just got an update that the whole cruise itinerary and dates have changed!   We were supposed to board April 15 and now is April 3!   It’s 21 days!    Because it’s the 150th anniversary they decided to do the same itinerary as the Rotterdam did 150 years ago!   So we start at Ft Lauderdale and head up to New York!   We have not decided to go or cancel!   North Atlantic in April May not be great!   But festivities on the ship will probably be great!   

Not only is it an itinerary change, it also a totally different time period.  I missed that when I first reviewed it.  I thought we were just getting new ports and a couple of added days.  We have not booked flights or anything so no major issued, plus our work schedules are flexible, especially this far out, so no issues with booking the time time frame off.

• Like 1

We are booked on this as well.  I am pretty ticked off. Couldn't they figure this stuff out before they open for reservations? I mean, they have known for 150 years that this would be the 150th anniversary, it is not like they didn't have time to plan ahead.  We are supposed to go on a river cruise after we arrive and now we have 10 days in between!  This is very inconsiderate of them.

• Like 3

I am very confused by this because I am booked on the 150th anniversary cruise leaving from Rotterdam on Oct 15th.  I tried to find the itinerary you are speaking of but it is not showing up on the HAL or online cruise site I searched on.

On hold with HAL Customer Service now.  Original booking no longer shows in system and they cannot find it, despite getting the e-mail to call them.  I am not available on the dates of the new cruise (plus not interested in the new itin), but what a mess, they cannot help me get it cancelled or refunded since they cannot find original cruise.  Yikes.

2 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

I am very confused by this because I am booked on the 150th anniversary cruise leaving from Rotterdam on Oct 15th.  I tried to find the itinerary you are speaking of but it is not showing up on the HAL or online cruise site I searched on.

They have taken it off.  I'm sure it will be back with the changes.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

The change has only just happened and they are having to handle 3 cruises’ of cancellations and moving people around.  It should show up on the website around the 15th of July (based on the HAL blog post and the text of the email sent to passengers).

they want the Rotterdam to be in Rotterdam for the April 18th celebration.  And as someone said about, how did they not schedule this originally… regardless, I got the original cruise at $680 Cnd, so I am getting this at such a great deal.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Djb4CC said:

regardless, I got the original cruise at $680 Cnd, so I am getting this at such a great deal

Wow, great price for a 21-day itin!  I love it when something nice happens.

I guess my confusion lay in the fact that I thought the October cruise was the only 150th celebration but if they’re going to do it again, I may book that instead!  😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, *Miss G* said:

Wow, great price for a 21-day itin!  I love it when something nice happens.

I guess my confusion lay in the fact that I thought the October cruise was the only 150th celebration but if they’re going to do it again, I may book that instead!  😂

It is not 21 day tho, it is 16.

• Like 2

Here is the new itinerary from the email they sent:

Date

Destination

Monday, April 3, 2023

FORT LAUDERDALE, FL, USA

Tuesday, April 4, 2023

At Sea (Florida Straits)

Wednesday, April 5, 2023

At Sea (Atlantic Ocean)

Thursday, April 6, 2023

New York, NY, USA

Friday, April 7, 2023

New York, NY, USA

Saturday, April 8, 2023

At Sea

Sunday, April 9, 2023

At Sea

Monday, April 10, 2023

At Sea

Tuesday, April 11, 2023

At Sea

Wednesday, April 12, 2023

At Sea

Thursday, April 13, 2023

At Sea

Friday, April 14, 2023

At Sea

Saturday, April 15, 2023

At Sea

Sunday, April 16, 2023

Plymouth, England, UK

Monday, April 17, 2023

Dover (London), England, UK

Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Rotterdam, Netherlands

Wednesday, April 19, 2023

ROTTERDAM, NETHERLANDS

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Djb4CC said:

Here is the new itinerary from the email they sent:

Date

Destination

Monday, April 3, 2023

FORT LAUDERDALE, FL, USA

Tuesday, April 4, 2023

At Sea (Florida Straits)

Wednesday, April 5, 2023

At Sea (Atlantic Ocean)

Thursday, April 6, 2023

New York, NY, USA

Friday, April 7, 2023

New York, NY, USA

Saturday, April 8, 2023

At Sea

Sunday, April 9, 2023

At Sea

Monday, April 10, 2023

At Sea

Tuesday, April 11, 2023

At Sea

Wednesday, April 12, 2023

At Sea

Thursday, April 13, 2023

At Sea

Friday, April 14, 2023

At Sea

Saturday, April 15, 2023

At Sea

Sunday, April 16, 2023

Plymouth, England, UK

Monday, April 17, 2023

Dover (London), England, UK

Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Rotterdam, Netherlands

Wednesday, April 19, 2023

ROTTERDAM, NETHERLANDS

Thank you.  That is the same itinerary we are doing in October, but in reverse.

• Like 1

We're not at all happy with the changes.  8 days at sea with no Azores on the TA, and we were booked on the previous Caribbean cruise, with stops in San Juan, Grand Turk, St. Thomas, and Half Moon Cay, and now it is shortened to just Nassau and HMC.  Unless the price is greatly reduced, we will be cancelling!

If we want all those sea days with no break we'll go back to Cunard....

We're re-thinking - will the weather be good in Ireland  for the April 20's next year?  It's a way to get across, at a pretty good price, I missed one port on the Caribbean, it also stops in Key West.  Maybe we'll stay with it,  but we'll have to mull it over.

We also just got the notification. We booked the 21 day TA/Norse Legends originally and it now looks like the "Norse" part is just Oslo and Copenhagen. 

We hadn't booked air or excursions yet so I will need to do some research before deciding what to to.

We were booked on the April 3 Eastern Caribbean sailing that HAL just cancelled to replace it with this new TA itinerary. SOOO annoyed. All they are offering us in apology is $100 OBC but it must be used on a Caribbean sailing in Winter/Spring 2023. There is no other Rotterdam 7-day sailing in the timeframe and we really wanted this ship. I'll probably take my cruise money to another cruise line.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

That looks like a dire itinerary.  8 days at sea is a day or two too much 😭

It's a 16 day cruise with only 4 ports of call.

Oh my gosh, we originally had a Spring TA with 7 days at sea, but couldn’t make it to one of the ports (weather in the Azores) and ended up with 8 straight days at sea.  That was definitely one day too much.  😳

• Haha 1