Can you opt out of having a Stateroom Attendant

Cruiseoholic000

1 hour ago, jcpc said:

I was told once by a cabin steward that they (or a supervisor or a butler) must enter the cabin once a day just for "safety and security" reasons (i.e., to check for illegal drug usage/abuse, "proof of life" for all occupants, etc.).  So I don't think you can get away with never having someone enter your cabin on a once-daily basis (so, while they're there......why not drop off and pick up towels???)

Yep. If someone passes away in their cabin and no one notices questions will be asked and the attendent will be in trouble. This has happened!

Other than never removing the "do not disturb" from outside the door I doubt it.  I was on Apex in March and told our room steward face to face on one occasion to just empty the trash and fresh towels for the day.  She did up the whole cabin in the morning and evening after the request. 

2 hours ago, jcpc said:

I was told once by a cabin steward that they (or a supervisor or a butler) must enter the cabin once a day just for "safety and security" reasons (i.e., to check for illegal drug usage/abuse, "proof of life" for all occupants, etc.).  So I don't think you can get away with never having someone enter your cabin on a once-daily basis (so, while they're there......why not drop off and pick up towels???)

That is my understanding also

I'm sure you can.   Just let your cabin attendant know or call the Hotel Director's office and make an official request.    After all the do much the same to those that are in quarantine.

5 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

I do not think that the OP is trying to avoid paying gratuities vs just wanting to be left alone to savour their time away from the greater world.

I have read here on CC, several posters have written the only time they left their cabin was when the room attendants needed to clean... they gave them 45 minutes a day to get in and out.

As far as food went they contacted the F&B manager to request meals delivered from the MDR, and it was granted.

Usually, I have read here on CC, passengers in The Retreat not wanting to be disturbed in their cabin and again, needed to allow the Room Attendant some time to clean up, no matter how quickly to achieve.

They also, by request can have their meals delivered and served en-suite, which means that the OP, were they in The Retreat it is possible.

Alas, being in Concierge, meals can be delivered, too. So no problems there, they just need to make an arrangement to have the empty trays returned and that can be done by phone call, too.

Enjoy your sailing OP....

bon voyage

bon voyage

I’d def do this if I were in the Iconic suite, but alas 😪

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'm sure you can.   Just let your cabin attendant know or call the Hotel Director's office and make an official request.    After all the do much the same to those that are in quarantine.

I think so, as well.  I’m pretty sure if they heard from you daily, either via the phone number your steward gives or crew chat, that would suffice for the proof of life.  

We’ve oftentimes wanted to just be left alone, just never for an entire cruise.  Someone can even go out and meet up with the steward and exchange towels and get extra paper products for the bathroom if just not wanting someone in your room.  We’ve even called and mentioned we just wanted to rest and watch movies all day … they had a bag hanging on our door handle with some goodies for the room.  We tipped extra, BTW, as our requests were honored.  
You may have to answer your door for room service but there’s nothing to say you can’t take the tray from room service deliveries in the doorway.  You can also call room service back to hand off the dirty dishes on a tray at the door way, as well. 
I completely understand why someone may not want someone else in their room, even if they go out and about during the day.  We have done it at hotels before, especially early on in the pandemic.  Again, we still tipped them for honoring our request.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/29/2022 at 3:46 PM, Airportlimbo said:

OP you can opt in to limited service in exchange for an extra CC point per day using the form below. 

https://pages.email.celebritycruises.com/GoGreen

Thank you very much for the very useful post!

We keep DND sign on our door in the hotels and on the cruises almost all the time anyway. And just ask if we need something. So at least we will get some points for that :)))

We don't get our house cleaned every single day, so we don't feel the need for the daily cleaning in the hotel or on the ship etc.

And it's not related to COVID, or anything like that. We just don't want to be disturbed - as the sign says.

And, yes, we do tip. For respecting our privacy - specially. 

• Like 2