Live from the Regal - July 2-23 - Med Cruise - R/T Barcelona

Ken the cruiser

1 hour ago, Esprit said:

This week our DTI night is on 19th July.

But our first sea day is the day before. I assume it will therefore be the.formal night.

That’s what it’s showing on today’s “first day of the cruise” Patter. My DW showed me this, as I very rarely look at them other than to take pictures of to post.

7C111675-F720-4E45-A63E-336185FB3EDA.jpeg.7892c1eab484ab4519e3da0967fb61f8.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just returned to our cabin from breakfast to find that our mini bar had been set up again. I thought it was only done once for the cruise duration!

As we have the drinks package I hadn’t got through last weeks set up.

I therefore can’t get them all in the fridge😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Hi Ken

We too are staying on board today as we’ve been in Athens a number of times.

The ship is so peaceful at the moment.

If you would like to meet up I would be pleased to put a face to your wonderful live thread.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Esprit said:

Hi Ken

We too are staying on board today as we’ve been in Athens a number of times.

The ship is so peaceful at the moment.

If you would like to meet up I would be pleased to put a face to your wonderful live thread.

If you’d like I can head down to the aft area on deck 16 right now. I have been authorized a 45 minute kitchen pass before lunch. 😂

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If you’d like I can head down to the aft area on deck 16 right now. I have been authorized a 45 minute kitchen pass before lunch. 😂

Outrigger bar port side.I’m on my way. Skinny silver fox to look out for!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Esprit said:

Just returned to our cabin from breakfast to find that our mini bar had been set up again. I thought it was only done once for the cruise duration!

One per leg,  I just throw the stuff in the case as we have AI and don't tend to drink in the cabin anyway.
Easy when driving, if flying might give away.
Both should be elite next one that's a lot of minibar stuff, 3 lots per leg if in a suite.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Esprit said:

This is because Club Six is closed, presumably because of the TV show being filmed. According to one of the film crew they finish next weekend.

Looks like they’re filming at Alfredo’s today around lunchtime. 

BE8C8177-278D-433C-A924-854C460FF8CF.thumb.jpeg.f6340f7b483547e3de33702710d1765c.jpeg

Also it looks like another bus (which just left before I took the picture) has arrived from the airport with new passengers!

image.thumb.jpg.791b514eaec5e8c360849536840720a1.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Esprit said:

Each physical segment.  Some book it that way (I do) and some book the logical voyage.  Either way works.  

I posted this tidbit on another thread a few days ago, and thought I’d share it here just in case someone hadn’t figured out yet how to recover your work when creating a new post on CC, possibly with pictures, that just disappears when you hit “Submit”.

First, when your post just disappears, click on the page recycle icon to refresh the page. Then go to the bottom of your thread where your new post magically disappeared. Click (or tap) on that empty space. Your missing post should reappear. If it doesn’t, get out of CC entirely, then restart CC. Then go to your thread, and click (or tap) on the “empty” space again. If your new post doesn't fully reappear this time, it’s gone and you have to start your new post over again. 

My guess as to why this periodically happens: There is a buffer area on the CC server you’re work is actually being stored in as you create your post on your device. When you temporarily open another app on your device, to say edit a picture or two in your Photo Gallery, then switch back to the post you’re working on, that “invisible” link between the CC space on your device and the buffer space on the CC server got “disconnected”. By recycling the page or restarting CC, that link in most cases will reestablish itself.

This has happened to me MANY times while posting to “Live from” threads, especially if I temporarily go over to the Photo Gallery on my IPad to edit some pictures (to subsequently upload) while I’m in the process of creating a new post. 😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Day 15 - July 16 - Athens (Transition Day)

E21B79D3-E52D-489F-938D-936C65544DDE.thumb.jpeg.41cfb9ee5a17e05437aeb013d1d27b0d.jpeg

69F9D9B7-41A2-4287-A057-F938D47EE9EB.thumb.jpeg.f6e8e3d66088c8e1eb2c3f7e284db311.jpeg

Dumb question of the day...not my fault, coffee isn't ready yet.  LOL   These are paper Patters?  Where did you get them. I was of the understanding that they did away with the paper.  

15 minutes ago, phabric said:

Is there anything at the Athens terminal - duty free , stores?

That’s a good question. I’ll have to ask my son when he comes back from their excursion, unless someone else knows the answer. Here’s what the terminal looks like from our balcony. From the sign in front of it, they offer a dining and coffee service, and some other amenities.

image.thumb.jpg.b8068cd918937923fe27859dc1afc2f0.jpg

Edited by Ken the cruiser

8 minutes ago, Anubi said:

Dumb question of the day...not my fault, coffee isn't ready yet.  LOL   These are paper Patters?  Where did you get them. I was of the understanding that they did away with the paper.  

We get them the evening before, either shoved under the door or laying on our bed after we get back from the show. The same was true when we were on the CB back in May for 18 days.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Anubi said:

You can opt for them on the App under preferences.

Or, just ask for them with your steward .

38 minutes ago, Anubi said:

Under App

My preferences
Room

select patter

Or, tell your cabin steward once OB

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

It was a pleasure to meet with you Ken.

I hope we bump into each other again around the ship and get to meet your family too.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Under App

My preferences
Room

select patter

Or, tell your cabin steward once OB

This is interesting. We have always received the Patter and Important Notices in paper format on both our cruise in May and this one, but have never filled out this App form.

But at the same time, we have never received the Effy, Excursion or Spa/Art/etc. information in paper format on either of those cruises. Maybe, by default, you get the Patter and Important Notices in paper format and the others can be seen only on the App? Which BTW works for us. 😁

46139593-42B1-4ED1-ACFB-E4450AC034E7.thumb.png.1393610ea0f9317864a21790e9a4cd13.png

• Like 3

Ken,

We're on the August 6th Athens-Barcelona Regal Princess cruise so thank you for posting information about the DTI and formal dining room nights. Thank you as well for this thread, great photos and insight.  Looking forward to your experiences in the cruise segment that begins today for you in Athens.

We're arriving to Athens the day of the cruise -- couldn't avoid it this time.  After reading about checked luggage mishaps due to staff shortages at various European airports, we're considering just bringing carry-on suitcases.  We have a two-hour layover in Madrid but that might not be enough for checked bags to make it to our Madrid-Athens fight.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Dididi said:

Ken,

We're on the August 6th Athens-Barcelona Regal Princess cruise so thank you for posting information about the DTI and formal dining room nights. Thank you as well for this thread, great photos and insight.  Looking forward to your experiences in the cruise segment that begins today for you in Athens.

We're arriving to Athens the day of the cruise -- couldn't avoid it this time.  After reading about checked luggage mishaps due to staff shortages at various European airports, we're considering just bringing carry-on suitcases.  We have a two-hour layover in Madrid but that might not be enough for checked bags to make it to our Madrid-Athens fight.

We've decided on carry-on and Princess laundry. We have a direct flight the day prior but still think it's too risky due to airport staff shortages.  If a checked bag doesn't show up in time, we'd rather bring less of our own things than end up having none of our own things onboard.

• Like 2