Post Viking Promos

Clay Clayton

19 hours ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

Thanks @bassethounddog. We just booked the Journey to Antiquities cruise. Got a DV1 at the V price, plus free air. It will our first trip to Greece. Hopefully the weather cooperates.

You will love seeing Greece with Viking. We did Empires of the Mediterranean this past summer and loved it. Enjoy the DV1. 
@OneSixtyToOne

Edited by bassethounddog

21 hours ago, slewis7 said:

I just booked “Iconic Iceland, Greenland & Canada” for June 2024 using the FDA23 code for some nice savings.  Thanks to @UWDawg for posting that code and everyone else posting here.

I am on that same sailing for May 2023!  Can't wait!

Edited by TravelingT
add date
  • Like 1

Here's one good only for the rest of today Offer RVT22: Offer valid on bookings made from Oct 28 to Oct 31, 2022. Cruise from $2,599 per person based on select Jul & Aug 2023 departures of Romantic Danube; Danube Waltz in category F; cruise from $3,999 per person based on select Nov 2023 departures of Grand European Tour in category F; cruise from $2,599 per person based on select Jul & Aug 2023 departures of Rhine Getaway in category F; subject to availability, other categories may be higher. Call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Viking all-inclusive air with transfers available. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Book by Oct 31, 2022; pay in full by Nov 30, 2022. Offer expires Oct 31, 2022. 

3 hours ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

In today’s mail.

Promo code NRT22

46408343-359E-4660-A0A5-17A3F4C2715E.thumb.jpeg.4abeef45241889157255e1eef1b77cf8.jpeg

Thank you @OneSixtyToOne.  Here is the online link and information I found associated with Viking River Offer NRT22:

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/river/NRT22/20221101 
Reduced Fares
FREE International Airfare*

Offer ends Nov 30, 2022
Call 1-844-779-0237 for details
Ask for Offer "NRT22"

Offer NRT22:
Offer valid on bookings made from Nov 1, 2022 to Nov 30, 2022. Free international airfare valid on Mar-Aug 2023 departures of Rhine Getaway, Danube Waltz, Paris to the Swiss Alps, Holland and Belgium; Apr-Aug 2023 departures of Romantic Danube, Cities of Light; 2023 departures of Grand European Tour, Capitals of Eastern Europe. $499 per person international airfare valid on Mar-Aug 2023 departures of Paris & the Heart of Normandy, Lyon & Provence, Passage to Eastern Europe; $499 per person international airfare valid on departures of Mar-Jul 2023 Elegant Elbe. Air pricing vary per itinerary/departure. For additional itineraries, call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Additional restrictions may apply. Airfares vary on other itineraries, gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Book by Nov 30, 2022; 2023 departures pay in full by Dec 15, 2022; 2024 departures pay in full by Apr 30, 2023. Offer expires Nov 30, 2022.

November has been slow...  I wonder if Viking is getting ready for a Black Friday promo.  Anyhow, this came in the email yesterday:

Viking Ocean Transatlantic/reposition cruises

Free International Air

Complimentary Upgrade (V2-DV1 at same fare)

Promo Code ATL22

Offer Ends Nov 14, 2022

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/ocean/ATL22/20221106

Offer valid on bookings made from Nov 3 to Nov 14, 2022. Free roundtrip airfare and complimentary upgrades from category V2 to DV1 valid on January 12, 2023 departure of Iberian Explorer; December 8, 2022 departure of Atlantic Crossing; March 21, 2023 departure of Atlantic Ocean Passage; March 15, 2023 departure of West Indies to Spain.

Call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Additional restrictions may apply. Airfares vary on other itineraries, gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Book by Nov 14, 2022; pay in full by Dec 15, 2022 or at time of booking if within 90 days of departure. Offer expires Nov 14, 2022. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Selion said:

November has been slow...  I wonder if Viking is getting ready for a Black Friday promo.  Anyhow, this came in the email yesterday:

Viking Ocean Transatlantic/reposition cruises

Free International Air

Complimentary Upgrade (V2-DV1 at same fare)

Promo Code ATL22

Offer Ends Nov 14, 2022

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/ocean/ATL22/20221106

Offer valid on bookings made from Nov 3 to Nov 14, 2022. Free roundtrip airfare and complimentary upgrades from category V2 to DV1 valid on January 12, 2023 departure of Iberian Explorer; December 8, 2022 departure of Atlantic Crossing; March 21, 2023 departure of Atlantic Ocean Passage; March 15, 2023 departure of West Indies to Spain.

Call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Additional restrictions may apply. Airfares vary on other itineraries, gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Book by Nov 14, 2022; pay in full by Dec 15, 2022 or at time of booking if within 90 days of departure. Offer expires Nov 14, 2022. 

Thanks for posting!

That’s the deal we usually book a TA on.  Unfortunately, DH’s family is doing a land visit to Munich in early December and the  westbound TA on 12/8 was priced higher so I couldn’t convince anyone to come home that way. If this deal had of been available then, it would have cost us about the same as what we are paying for Premium Economy Airfare after using some vouchers that are about to expire.  Oh well….

On 10/3/2022 at 1:38 AM, UWDawg said:

Offer RML

I saw this offer in FB on a Viking sponsored advertisement.

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/river/RML/20220922

FREE AIR OFFER [on select river cruises]
Sail from $2,599
plus FREE International Airfare

Offer ends Oct 17, 2022
Call 1-866-707-5986 for details
Ask for Offer " RML "

Offer RML:
Offer valid on bookings made from Sep 23 to Oct 17, 2022. Cruise from $2,599 per person based on select Nov 2023 departures of Rhine Getaway; Romantic Danube; Danube Waltz in category F; cruise from $3,999 per person based on select Jul & Aug 2023 departures of Grand European Tour in category F; subject to availability, other categories may be higher. Call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Viking all-inclusive air with transfers available. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Book by Oct 17, 2022; pay in full by Nov 30, 2022. Offer expires Oct 17, 2022.

Air Promo:
Free international airfare based on Apr-Nov 2023 departures of Rhine Getaway; Romantic Danube; Grand European Tour; Mar-Nov 2023 departures of Danube Waltz. Call for details. Air prices are per person based on cruise or cruise tour check-in date and include transfers. Air seats are limited; airfares are subject to change until full payment of air is received. Airfares vary on other gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Ask for Offer RML. Offer expires Oct 17, 2022.

As near as I can tell, it is IDENTICAL to the RAP22 offer posted by @Selion under post #170 a little over a week ago.

Offer RML

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/river/RML/20221101

Reduced Fares and FREE International Airfare [on select European river cruises]

It appears that the RML offer, which I previously reported under post #195 has been updated and extended through Nov 30, 2022.

Reduced Fares

Offer ends Nov 30, 2022

Call 1-888-632-6823 for details
Ask for Offer "RML"

Offer RML:
Offer valid on bookings made from Nov 1, 2022 to Nov 30, 2022. Free international airfare valid on Mar-Aug 2023 departures of Rhine Getaway, Danube Waltz, Paris to the Swiss Alps, Holland and Belgium; Apr-Aug 2023 departures of Romantic Danube, Cities of Light; 2023 departures of Grand European Tour, Capitals of Eastern Europe. $499 per person international airfare valid on Mar-Aug 2023 departures of Paris & the Heart of Normandy, Lyon & Provence, Passage to Eastern Europe; $499 per person international airfare valid on departures of Mar-Jul 2023 Elegant Elbe. Air pricing vary per itinerary/departure. For additional itineraries, call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Additional restrictions may apply. Airfares vary on other itineraries, gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Book by Nov 30, 2022; 2023 departures pay in full by Dec 15, 2022; 2024 departures pay in full by Apr 30, 2023. Offer expires Nov 30, 2022.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, UWDawg said:

Offer RML

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/river/RML/20221101

Reduced Fares and FREE International Airfare [on select European river cruises]

It appears that the RML offer, which I previously reported under post #195 has been updated and extended through Nov 30, 2022.

Reduced Fares

Offer ends Nov 30, 2022

Call 1-888-632-6823 for details
Ask for Offer "RML"

Offer RML:

Thanks!  I'll keep this in mind when I'm onboard in 10 days.  Hoping for some onboard booking bonuses and Black Friday promos to STACK!  😁

Received NRT22 offer today. Now that my cruise date is approaching, I am receiving more email offers.  Were sparse this summer.

Commemorate WWII history in France

Offer NRT22: Offer valid on bookings made from Nov 11 to Nov 30, 2022. Cruise from $3,599 per person based on select Mar & Nov 2023 departures of Paris to the Swiss Alps in category F; cruise from $2,799 per person based on select Jul & Nov 2023 departures of Paris & the Heart of Normandy; select Jul, Oct & Nov 2023 departures of Lyon & Provence in category F; cruise from $2,599 per person based on select Jul & Aug 2023 departures of Chateaux, Rivers & Wine in category F; subject to availability, other categories may be higher. Call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Viking all-inclusive air with transfers available. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Book by Nov 30, 2022; pay in full by Dec 15, 2022. Offer expires Nov 30, 2022.

Air Promo: FREE international airfare based on Mar-Aug 2023 departures of Paris to the Swiss Alps. $499 international airfare based on Mar-Aug 2023 departures of Paris & the Heart of Normandy; Lyon & Provence; Chateaux, Rivers & Wine. Call for details. Air prices are per person based on cruise or cruise tour check-in date and include transfers. Air seats are limited; airfares are subject to change until full payment of air is received. Airfares vary on other gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Ask for Offer NRT22. Offer expires Nov 30, 2022.

• Like 1

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/ocean/WFA22/20221113

Viking Ocean Promo on select December 2022 to February 2023 sailings.  In addition to what's listed by Viking, these sailings have some of the lowest fares I've seen on these itineraries.

Free International Air

Complimentary Upgrade (V2-DV1 at same fare; PV3-PV1 at same fare on the ones I looked at)

Promo Code WFA22

Offer Ends Nov 21, 2022

Offer valid on bookings made from Nov 13 to Nov 21, 2022. Complimentary category upgrade up to Deluxe Veranda (DV1) plus free international airfare valid on

Dec 2022-Feb 2023 departures of Australia & New Zealand;

Dec 2022 departures of Iconic Western Mediterranean;

Dec 2022 & Jan 2023 departures of Journey to Antiquities;

Jan 2023 departures of Ancient Mediterranean Treasures;

Dec 2022 departures of Greek Odyssey;

Dec 2022 departure of Classic Panama Canal Passage.

Call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Additional restrictions may apply. Airfares vary on other itineraries, gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Book by Nov 21, 2022; pay in full at time of booking. Offer expires Nov 21, 2022.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I sailed with Viking for the first time last year to Iceland. I have never received any communications from them since, either paper mailings or emails. I contacted Viking and they said they've added me to their promo emails, but I've never received one. I'm not sure why. I have no upcoming sailings booked. I was booked on an Expedition cruise, but they canceled it many months ago.

I'll keep an eye on this, but I'm eyeing some trips in 2024, so perhaps they're not going to get the big deals. Also -- yes I know how this sounds -- we only fly business when crossing an ocean. It seems like most of the special offers are "free airfare" which presumably means coach class. Does this imply that many of the offers will have limited value to us?

Also, do travel agents or websites tend to have better benefits than booking through Viking directly? I don't tend to use a travel agent, since I am a bit of a travel control freak 8-), and I like handling all the details myself. But I find the Viking US agents to not be acting in my interest. They seem to be desperately trying to get a commission and lock me down. So I'm open to alternatives. 😎

Thanks for advice!

19 minutes ago, FoggyEthan said:

Does this imply that many of the offers will have limited value to us?

In addition to “free air” some promotions offer level cabin pricing for the lowest category (eg. DV1-6 for the same price). Also the SSP might be included.

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, FoggyEthan said:

I sailed with Viking for the first time last year to Iceland. I have never received any communications from them since, either paper mailings or emails. I contacted Viking and they said they've added me to their promo emails, but I've never received one. I'm not sure why. I have no upcoming sailings booked. I was booked on an Expedition cruise, but they canceled it many months ago.

Have you tried just going to their website and adding yourself to their mailing list?

I'll keep an eye on this, but I'm eyeing some trips in 2024, so perhaps they're not going to get the big deals. Also -- yes I know how this sounds -- we only fly business when crossing an ocean. It seems like most of the special offers are "free airfare" which presumably means coach class. Does this imply that many of the offers will have limited value to us?

Perhaps, but sometimes you can upgrade the economy air. It is difficult to know until it is at least booked so it is a risk. Since we have found the best promos to happen relatively last minute (2-4 months Pre cruise) the “free” air is usually better than what we can buy and we have had good luck once upgrading ourselves with points+cash and on the other, we purchased exit row seats since it wasn’t a flight we were going to sleep on anyway. 

Also, do travel agents or websites tend to have better benefits than booking through Viking directly? I don't tend to use a travel agent, since I am a bit of a travel control freak 8-), and I like handling all the details myself. But I find the Viking US agents to not be acting in my interest. They seem to be desperately trying to get a commission and lock me down. So I'm open to alternatives. 😎

Like you I would prefer to have full control, but in exchange for the shipboard credit our TA provides (which covers the daily gratuities and leaves some for the bar bill) I am willing to have to go through her if I need to make a change.  Since that is rarely the case, it hasn’t been and issue and once she even went to bat for us with Viking over an issue. Some have reported their TAs have provided them better deals than they can find online but that hasn’t been the case for me.  I wonder if the better deal they think they are getting is really a promo of which they aren’t aware 🤔

See my comments embedded above. YMMV of course!

Edited by Clay Clayton
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, FoggyEthan said:

It seems like most of the special offers are "free airfare" which presumably means coach class

Yes, it’s coach class unless stated otherwise (I think I saw “free” business in a promo for an expedition cruise in the last year). We booked a July 2023 Norway-Iceland cruise with free air and they had boxes to tick if you wanted premium economy or business class. You paid a premium over and above the free coach base for the upgraded classes. The PE was worth it for us on the trip over, but we’ve booked our own fare back because they don’t have a contracted PE class to the US from Iceland.

47 minutes ago, FoggyEthan said:

Thanks for advice!

You can get OBC from a travel agent, which definitely offsets cost of silver spirits and tips. One thing about Viking, you can still call them directly if you are working with a TA, unlike other lines. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, LindaS272 said:

Yes, it’s coach class unless stated otherwise (I think I saw “free” business in a promo for an expedition cruise in the last year). We booked a July 2023 Norway-Iceland cruise with free air and they had boxes to tick if you wanted premium economy or business class. You paid a premium over and above the free coach base for the upgraded classes. The PE was worth it for us on the trip over, but we’ve booked our own fare back because they don’t have a contracted PE class to the US from Iceland.

We had a free air cruise a few years ago, and it was indeed back of the bus.  Sadly we wanted to upgrade but for the itinerary, Viking said their contracts didn't allow for anything but economy.  So it really depends on what their current contracts are and how much space in those exist, as to whether you might get to upgrade or not - just as you have seen.  

Also keep in mind that Viking's upgrades, if available, only apply to the overseas flight, not any "connecting" flight within North America.  For those of us on the west coast, or who take feeders, you'll be in economy until you get to the flight overseas and vice versa.  And with Puerto Rico, there are never any upgrades in our experience since it is considered North America we were told.

Some of the reasons why after COVID we no longer use Viking Air.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FoggyEthan said:

pecial offers are "free airfare" which presumably means coach class

Yes, free air is always economy.  On some promos, there are options to book Prem. Econ or Business class.  PE could be a deal.  I've seen $1300 from US east coast to Europe with the free air promo. Business class is more hit or miss.  Viking wanted $3500pp for biz for the same city pair (IAD-AMS).  That's a hard pass...

14 hours ago, Selion said:

Yes, free air is always economy.  On some promos, there are options to book Prem. Econ or Business class.  PE could be a deal.  I've seen $1300 from US east coast to Europe with the free air promo. Business class is more hit or miss.  Viking wanted $3500pp for biz for the same city pair (IAD-AMS).  That's a hard pass...

Friends booked the Iceland to Bergen cruise with a $999 Prem Econ promo. 

• Like 2

On 11/13/2022 at 11:25 AM, Selion said:

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/ocean/WFA22/20221113

Viking Ocean Promo on select December 2022 to February 2023 sailings.  In addition to what's listed by Viking, these sailings have some of the lowest fares I've seen on these itineraries.

Free International Air

Complimentary Upgrade (V2-DV1 at same fare; PV3-PV1 at same fare on the ones I looked at)

Promo Code WFA22

Offer Ends Nov 21, 2022

Offer valid on bookings made from Nov 13 to Nov 21, 2022. Complimentary category upgrade up to Deluxe Veranda (DV1) plus free international airfare valid on

Dec 2022-Feb 2023 departures of Australia & New Zealand;

Dec 2022 departures of Iconic Western Mediterranean;

Dec 2022 & Jan 2023 departures of Journey to Antiquities;

Jan 2023 departures of Ancient Mediterranean Treasures;

Dec 2022 departures of Greek Odyssey;

Dec 2022 departure of Classic Panama Canal Passage.

Call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Additional restrictions may apply. Airfares vary on other itineraries, gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Book by Nov 21, 2022; pay in full at time of booking. Offer expires Nov 21, 2022.

Wanted to provide general feedback for forum readers. Just called Viking directly and my agent to see if we could take advantage of this promo. Asked if we could move from a DV4 to PV1 given the PV1 is currently at the same price as what we booked the DV4. The promotion also included free air which we were not asking for. The answer from Viking was the promotion is only for new bookings. The conversation with my TA, who has been in the business for 42 years said that Viking has become increasingly less flexible with regard to any changes once the cruise is booked. As he said, Viking likes to have their money early, sell at a higher market price and not make any changes to the reservation once booked. To me it is both a learning experience and a shame that Viking from this perspective leaves the consumer with a slightly sour taste even before the cruise starts. I am certain the trip will still be enjoyable however I know I will still think about the difference of $5,500, especially since we have already booked a second Viking cruise in September 2023. This seems to be supportive of much of what I have read on the Viking forum. Hope this helps others in some measure.