NCL has a new sale promo called The Freedom Sale

njkate

4 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

The “sale” is similar to the “sale” that has been going on for the last few years. 

Yep.  I priced my upcoming cruise this morning.  It had been dropping like a rock (after final payment 😡), but now it's going up.  Oh well.  That's the game!

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The “sale” is similar to the “sale” that has been going on for the last few years. 

Whatever, I’ll gladly take the $479 off first time it’s ever worked in my favor 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Yep.  I priced my upcoming cruise this morning.  It had been dropping like a rock (after final payment 😡), but now it's going up.  Oh well.  That's the game!

Yes I’m way past final on my Alaska cruise and it’s gone up, not by much but still more than I paid

We payed our final payment on our Oct 12th cruise out of NY and notice this. Our travel agent was not able to get the new price, but we got $641 each for a future cruise and up graded to the Premium drink package.

• Like 1

just like the world keeps spinning round and round so goes the ncl sales.  as we used to say in the army "SSDD". they alternate between the 35% off sale and the 70% off sale. this has been going on in one form or another since nov 2019 (or even earlier) to the op who got a $479 discount, i say "good for you.

after 4 years of watching these so called "sales" i take them with a grain of salt. the prices rarely ever change (some may however) from sale to sale. every cruise i have looked at for the last 3 years, regardless of the "sale", the price has stayed more or less the same. doesnt help anyone if they go down after the last payment is due now does it? 

1 hour ago, Mrearl said:

We payed our final payment on our Oct 12th cruise out of NY and notice this. Our travel agent was not able to get the new price, but we got $641 each for a future cruise and up graded to the Premium drink package.

That’s great!! 

4 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Same experience here…arrrr.

On June 6th I asked my TA to get me some compensation because my September cruise went down $200 after final payment.  She contacted NCL and they said they would give me $160 FCC but it would take 15 working days.  After not hearing anything after 18 working days I contacted the TA again and she called NCL and now they told her they are still working on all the FCCs asked for but only a limited number will be given.  She now advised me to call NCL myself on Tuesday to get an update.

I think some folks are confusing this "new sale" with the normal day to day price fluctuations.  Some of us track NCL cruise pricing across a large number of sailings and nothing of meaning happened due to the introduction of a Freedom Sale.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

On June 6th I asked my TA to get me some compensation because my September cruise went down $200 after final payment.  She contacted NCL and they said they would give me $160 FCC but it would take 15 working days.  After not hearing anything after 18 working days I contacted the TA again and she called NCL and now they told her they are still working on all the FCCs asked for but only a limited number will be given.  She now advised me to call NCL myself on Tuesday to get an update.

The fcc for a price reduction after final payment doesn't appear until after you actually take your cruise.  You should get a letter outlining the terms - there is a department that approves the requests and that process can take up to 30 days.  Your TA can only submit the form - and because you are working with a TA, NCL probably will tell you they can't help you.

NCL has a set protocol for giving a courtesy adjustment - not only does the price have to go down, the terms of the original booking have to be the same as the current terms. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1