Suite Dining Question

DaisyRose

For the first, and likely only time, we are booking a penthouse suite.  We will be traveling with a widower who will probably be staying in an inside.  I know that he can not come to the specialty dining breakfast that is reserved for suite guests. I'm wondering if he can come in to the club class/suite dining area with us for dinner if he is sharing a table with us.

I'm also wondering if we can order room service dinner off the main dining room menu, and if we can, can he also dine in our room with us and order off the main dining room menu as well?  I think suite dining is the biggest perk for booking a suite, and I don't really want to give it up, but I also would not want to tell him that we can't have meals with us.  Any information anyone can provide would be very much appreciated.  Thank you.

2 minutes ago, DaisyRose said:

I'm wondering if he can come in to the club class/suite dining area with us for dinner if he is sharing a table with us.

Unfortunately, no.

3 minutes ago, DaisyRose said:

can he also dine in our room with us and order off the main dining room menu

You can order as much as you like. If you order too much I'm sure your friend will help you finish it. 😇

• Like 5

Club class is very strict, only allowing passengers in Suites or Club Class mini suites in.  They have a list at the door of eligible diners.  It is a perk that diners have paid extra for.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dog said:

No for club class dinner.

no for specialty breakfast

room service- order for his room- take it to your room to eat

YOU may order an "extra" lunch/dinner to be delivered to your suite. If he just happens been in your room, it would be a shame to waste a perfectly good dinner.

Club class is a definite no. It is very capacity controlled and anyone extra would mean someone who paid to eat there might have to wait for a table.  You can order all you want from the regular dinner menu and have your friend join you in your suite. Are you aware there are no dining tables in suites, just a small coffee table that really won't hold three full dinners. 

Our PH suite had a table and 4 chairs on the balcony suitable for dining

living room had coffee table, desk, & bedroom had dresser, so it would be outside on the balcony to eat together.

unless you are in the Sky suite

Maybe an option would be for your friend to book a club class.mini suite. Of course they're more than an inside cabin but are less than a suite.  The club class mini suite has other perks besides dinner.

1 hour ago, candydane said:

Maybe an option would be for your friend to book a club class.mini suite. Of course they're more than an inside cabin but are less than a suite.  The club class mini suite has other perks besides dinner.

The difference between an inside and club class mini is substantial and often sell out early

Thanks for all your answers!  The problem with him booking a club class mini is that because he is a widower he will be traveling alone, and Princess generally charges double for one person is a room.  So the price would just be way too much for him having to pay double the per person cost for a mini suite.  But thanks for the suggestion!