Alternative to Walgreens and CVS

We just tested with rapidtestandtrace and it was super easy and you get your letter before the person hangs up. we used our free tests from the government and she monitored both my husband and myself at the same time. The tests were $20 each. Once you purchase you can then schedule. I scheduled one for each of us at the same time, we got two different proctors. One proctor came on early and told us she would do both of us and told the other proctor to log off when she logged on. You still need to schedule individual appointments so you can each get a letter. She walked us through everything. The whole thing is recorded. Took pictures of the negative test and sent out letter and waited confirmation of both before logging off. From start to finish is was about 30 min. or less. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I used RT&T in mid-May to fly back to the US (from UK).  The testing process was fine (other than audio and video issues), but the proctor (both mine and my brother's) didn't understand time zones.  First they put date/time for US CDT.  It took many tries before they finally understood that date/time needed to be BST (British Summer Time) since I was departing from the UK.  Tested just after midnight BST, so the proper date/time definitely was important.

Edited by Another_Critic

18 minutes ago, tennislvr8 said:

We just tested with rapidtestandtrace and it was super easy and you get your letter before the person hangs up. we used our free tests from the government and she monitored both my husband and myself at the same time. The tests were $20 each. Once you purchase you can then schedule. I scheduled one for each of us at the same time, we got two different proctors. One proctor came on early and told us she would do both of us and told the other proctor to log off when she logged on. You still need to schedule individual appointments so you can each get a letter. She walked us through everything. The whole thing is recorded. Took pictures of the negative test and sent out letter and waited confirmation of both before logging off. From start to finish is was about 30 min. or less. 

Good to hear. We are using them next Wednesday and I had already asked in advance if the same proctor could handle both my wife & I and the answer was of course yes, just let the proctor know.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I used RT&T in mid-May to fly back to the US (from UK).  The testing process was fine (other than audio and video issues), but the proctor (both mine and my brother's) didn't understand time zones.  First they put date/time for US CDT.  It took many tries before they finally understood that date/time needed to be BST (British Summer Time) since I was departing from the UK.  Tested just after midnight BST, so the proper date/time definitely was important.

They may have fixed that. She asked what time zone we were in and the exact time it was where we were. 

55 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Good to hear. We are using them next Wednesday and I had already asked in advance if the same proctor could handle both my wife & I and the answer was of course yes, just let the proctor know.

Are you cruising on a Friday?  We are sailing next Sunday and was thinking we  need to schedule for test Friday.

37 minutes ago, FLConnie said:

Are you cruising on a Friday?  We are sailing next Sunday and was thinking we  need to schedule for test Friday.

Yes, I am leaving on a Friday. You are correct that you can't test before Friday.

Listing what equipment that is used would be helpful; i.e. do you use computer with camera or phone or either?  And do you have to give access to your contact information for future marketing/communication?  Any online purchase can be tricky and open up to spam, spam, spam 🙂

Thanks for the report.

54 minutes ago, happy cruzer said:

Listing what equipment that is used would be helpful; i.e. do you use computer with camera or phone or either?  And do you have to give access to your contact information for future marketing/communication?  Any online purchase can be tricky and open up to spam, spam, spam 🙂

Thanks for the report.

RT&T uses Microsoft Teams. You can either download it (if need be) or just click the provided link and it will open in a browser.

I didn't ask about phone b/c I knew I was going to use a laptop.

FWIW, they have a live chat feature if you'd like to ask questions. They were very friendly and responsive when I chatted with them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

Thanks for the report.

It’s done on teams via any device. We used a laptop that did not have teams in it, no need to download teams. When you schedule the appointment you enter either your passport number or your drivers license number and whatever you used to schedule the appointment is what they want to see at the appointment. 

6 minutes ago, tennislvr8 said:

Simeon in my FB group said we need to have either the CLIA number or the lab number on our test results. This paper has neither. So we will see what happens Friday. 

Multiple reports of people using RT&T with no issues. Don't sweat it.

I used Walgreens in May and all they cared about at the port was the date taken and the negative result.

Edited by OCSC Mike

1 hour ago, tennislvr8 said:

Simeon in my FB group said we need to have either the CLIA number or the lab number on our test results. This paper has neither. So we will see what happens Friday. 

We’ve done this 12 times now since August at various labs, no one has ever been interested in the CLIA number.   The checkin agent looks for name, DOB, date of test and result.  

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sjb317 said:

We’ve done this 12 times now since August at various labs, no one has ever been interested in the CLIA number.   The checkin agent looks for name, DOB, date of test and result.  

Sherri🙂

Has anyone ever been denied boarding for a negative test result without a CLIA?

I do not know if that has been the reason for anyone being turned away; however, my results that came from emed did not indicate a CLIA number.   My last results from Walgreens were reported in a different format than previous ones, I kept mine on my phone and there was no CLIA number.  And I do  know the all  of agents checking us in have verbally checked off DOB, name, date of test and results without mentioning any number.  

Sherri🙂

45 minutes ago, johnjen said:

Our negative tests don't have the CLIA nonsense and we check in at 10am today. If we get refused boarding over THAT, you'll hear me all the way from Cape Liberty!

What ship are you on today?

On 7/7/2022 at 12:29 PM, tennislvr8 said:

Was parking in the garage an issue?

We didnt park there, just did a park and cruise at the hotel in elizabeth, but i noticed parking wasnt a hassle. I thino it was $225 for 9 days.