Wines Around the World Tasting?

2boyzmom

On 7/12/2022 at 11:32 AM, happytotravel said:

Hi,

How did you get this letter?  Was it in  your cabin?

Thanks, happytotravel

I already prebooked my dinners for my November cruise and added the " Ocean Blue" for one night assuming its covered....

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2022 at 12:04 AM, julig22 said:

On the Dawn now, wine tasting reinstated beginning this cruise , no $25/$50 obc.  Also no letter allowing restaurant substitution.

Don't know if this is fleet wide or specific to each ship.

So NCL reinstated it this month. I was on the Dawn last month and received a $50 OBC because it was not offered, there wasn’t a ship tour and no dinner with officers as Sapphire. Same thing on the Breakaway in February. My next NCL cruise is the Jade next month. Let’s see what happens there.

In May on the Star everything was still cancelled, and we got I think $25 for the cabin. Ended up paying for the black glass wine tasting later in the cruise, so it truly makes no sense. Why cancel 'wines around the world' but not cancel 'black glass wine tasting'.... 

I assure you, our cost for the black glass tasting was higher than the $25 credit they gave us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, midwesterner2002 said:

We were on the Getaway last week, and they did have the around the world wine tasting for Latitudes members.

What was the procedure for platinum latitude members to participate?  Did you get letter in cabin with instructions to participate?  

Edited by seemoreroyals

We are on the Encore now.  Wines Around the World is supposedly tomorrow.  They were going to confirm with us but we haven’t heard anything.

I am allergic to red wine so this isn’t a good perk for me.

1 hour ago, YVRteacher said:

We are on the Encore now.  Wines Around the World is supposedly tomorrow.  They were going to confirm with us but we haven’t heard anything.

I am allergic to red wine so this isn’t a good perk for me.

I'm with you on that one - I've told them soooo many times that it would be nice if they offered alternatives for those of us with allergies.  I can't do the chocolate covered strawberries either.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, egurbi said:

It's been reinstated on the Bliss.  Check with the nextcruise desk when you board as they limit it to 20 and we were the last 2 to make the cut.

Thank you.  We are on the Bliss in November.  With the number of platinum latitude members on each cruise and limiting it to 20 spots its sure to be interesting trying to get a spot.  I am assuming it is on a sea day.  About what time was it scheduled?

20 hours ago, seemoreroyals said:

What was the procedure for platinum latitude members to participate?  Did you get letter in cabin with instructions to participate?  

It was mentioned on the latitudes perks pamphlet in  the room. I inquired about it at the cruisenext desk on embarkation day and they put us on the list. You have to register with them to attend. Ours was at noon on the first sea day.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, midwesterner2002 said:

It was mentioned on the latitudes perks pamphlet in  the room. I inquired about it at the cruisenext desk on embarkation day and they put us on the list. You have to register with them to attend. Ours was at noon on the first sea day.

Were you high enough on the list to make the cut and attend?  If so, how was it?  

2 hours ago, seemoreroyals said:

Were you high enough on the list to make the cut and attend?  If so, how was it?  

There were only eight of us at the tasting. We enjoyed it, but we are not wine connoisseurs and are not picky! 😆 they had five tables set up with a red and white wine from each represented country. 

• Like 3

We did Wines Around the World today on the Encore.  It was a totally blah experience.  There were 4 bar waiters at 4 stations and each station had a red and a white wine to sample.  There were 12 of us.  The manager of Cellars told us we would get a presentation at each station and that the staff at each station knew a lot about each wine.  Nope.  No one knew anything.  It was a 15 minute activity.  I will post a photo of the wines in the live review I’m writing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Just off the Getaway last weekend, and on embarkation day we inquired at the Cruise next desk whether the wine tasting and the Officers dinner was a go.  We were told yes for both, and that we should sign up with them if we were interested.  

There was no letter in our cabin detailing about whether the Platinum dinner vouchers would be accepted at any specialty restaurant.  We asked at the CN desk and were told that they were only accepted at the restaurants mentioned on the vouchers.  However, we also asked the Maitre D at La Cocina, and he told us that they could be used at any specialty. 

When it comes to asking for information, always good to verify anything you're told!

On the Breakaway two weeks ago, we had 5 stations. The wine stewards at each station presented the wines. We had a nice chat with the ship's sommelier who told us that supply chain issues have had an impact on his stock. We told him that we were on the Encore in June and one night, we were ordering a bottle of wine for dinner and were down to our 3rd or 4th choice because nothing was in stock. 

IMG_E5338.thumb.JPG.30d21a0f2617d665eaac62598d5ce5b7.JPGIMG_E5337.thumb.JPG.4c3aee76874a7c975db30772e6d5d3b0.JPGIMG_E5335.thumb.JPG.c25a0c3d0c6a5837e55c7e3afa2437ff.JPGIMG_E5333.thumb.JPG.526c6b86a83ae7eea287eecbda422cc3.JPGIMG_E5330.thumb.JPG.87b023e493daf48d2bd1025ad6776df3.JPG

• Thanks 1

On 9/4/2022 at 10:07 PM, BirdTravels said:

On the Breakaway two weeks ago, we had 5 stations. The wine stewards at each station presented the wines. We had a nice chat with the ship's sommelier who told us that supply chain issues have had an impact on his stock. We told him that we were on the Encore in June and one night, we were ordering a bottle of wine for dinner and were down to our 3rd or 4th choice because nothing was in stock. 

IMG_E5338.thumb.JPG.30d21a0f2617d665eaac62598d5ce5b7.JPGIMG_E5337.thumb.JPG.4c3aee76874a7c975db30772e6d5d3b0.JPGIMG_E5335.thumb.JPG.c25a0c3d0c6a5837e55c7e3afa2437ff.JPGIMG_E5333.thumb.JPG.526c6b86a83ae7eea287eecbda422cc3.JPGIMG_E5330.thumb.JPG.87b023e493daf48d2bd1025ad6776df3.JPG

Bird, you included a photo of one of my favorite wines, Malbec from Terrazzos de los Andes.  We were on an NCL a few years ago when celebrity chef Aron Sanchez was on board representing the winery.  He conducted tastings and food pairings, and he really raved about this wine.  My wife and I love it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

Bird, you included a photo of one of my favorite wines, Malbec from Terrazzos de los Andes.  We were on an NCL a few years ago when celebrity chef Aron Sanchez was on board representing the winery.  He conducted tastings and food pairings, and he really raved about this wine.  My wife and I love it.

In our group, a couple of people found a wine they liked and just kept having the wine stewards serve more “sample” pours. 

• Like 1

It was offered on our Sun cruise last week HOWEVER  you must go to the cruise next desk between 1 and 8pm (latitudes card said by 9pm, but they closed at 8 and when we went by after dinner they had posted the latitudes party time but nothing about the tasting.) We missed it.  It was at 11am on the first sea day (we got to the desk about 12:15  expecting the tasting to be held in the afternoon.)  I was very disappointed.  They did call our room twice to make sure we knew about the latitudes party. It would have been nice to have more information about the tasting or something resembling an invitation.  The letter in our room stated the tour was canceled,  but did not mention anything about the tasting. Not much of a perk.