Warning if your about to cruise on Coral.

20 hours ago, NSWP said:

On the subject of Coral Princess, as a matter of interest I just perused the east coast cruises on Coral, by jove there are loads of unbooked cabins. Some of the cruises only appear half full a week or two out from cruise.

That's good, maybe they will upgrade us on Friday šŸ˜

Edited by joejoe 59
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, joejoe 59 said:

That's good, maybe they will upgrade us on Friday šŸ˜

Do you have a boarding time yet?

All we have for our cruise on Friday is boarding group D but no time.

38 minutes ago, sewgood said:

Do you have a boarding time yet?

All we have for our cruise on Friday is boarding group D but no time.

Boarding group D will probably be 12:30pm to 1pm. You can find it in Travel Checklist -> Personal Information, then Arrival and Departure Groupsvis under the Suggested section. Select your cruise and it will show the time as well as the group.

Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

Boarding group D will probably be 12:30pm to 1pm. You can find it in Travel Checklist -> Personal Information, then Arrival and Departure Groupsvis under the Suggested section. Select your cruise and it will show the time as well as the group.

Thanks Julie, I'll check it out.

17 minutes ago, sewgood said:

Thanks Julie, I found it in the app following your directions.

You're spot on, 12:30-1pm.

That's strange, we've had our boarding for a few days now for the 26thSept from Sydney and it is for group A 12.00 to 12.30.

7 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

That's strange, we've had our boarding for a few days now for the 26thSept from Sydney and it is for group A 12.00 to 12.30.

Sydney has later boarding times. No idea why.

Similarly, I am waiting for our 8th October boarding to be active tonight, and the earliest slot showing is for the same time.

Ā 

PS: Given the ship can't depart till 6:30, they may have decided to give themselves more time to ready the cabins by delaying the start of boarding.

Edited by arxcards

19 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

Interesting.

Ā 

We have Group B for our 3rd Sept cruise and it's 11:30 to 12:00.

Ā 

I wonder why your one is different, a later expected arrival time maybe?

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

10 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Sydney has later boarding times. No idea why.

Similarly, I am waiting for our 8th October boarding to be active tonight, and the earliest slot showing is for the same time.

Ā 

PS: Given the ship can't depart till 6:30, they may have decided to give themselves more time to ready the cabins by delaying the start of boarding.

Not all the Sydney boarding times. Our Sept 3rd cruise is the same as our recent Brisbane cruise.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Interesting.

Ā 

We have Group B for our 3rd Sept cruise and it's 11:30 to 12:00.

Ā 

I wonder why your one is different, a later expected arrival time maybe?

3rd September is a Saturday, so they don't have to wait till 6:30pm to depart. I wonder what your listed sailing time is, but would suggest it is 4 or 5pm

4 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

MDR is usually open for lunch from 12 noon to 1.30pm.šŸ™‚

Sea days, but I am sure on embarkation day it is 12 to 1. They keep it a bit of a secret, they don't want too many pax in there, they steer them to the Horizon Court. We never did the embarkation day lunch, always preferred a later check in, 2 pm or 3pm.

5 minutes ago, arxcards said:

3rd September is a Saturday, so they don't have to wait till 6:30pm to depart. I wonder what your listed sailing time is, but would suggest it is 4 or 5pm

Yes, 4pm, as is the 26th Sept which is a Friday.

3 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Sea days, but I am sure on embarkation day it is 12 to 1. They keep it a bit of a secret, they don't want too many pax in there, they steer them to the Horizon Court. We never did the embarkation day lunch, always preferred a later check in, 2 pm or 3pm.

Nope, 12:00 to 1:30 according to the embarkation day Patter from our June cruise.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes, 4pm, as is the 26th Sept which is a Friday.

Wow, that is a jumble. If they can depart on time, 4pm is OK for a Friday. If they are running a bit late, the harbourmaster can keep them in till 6:30.

Ā 

For our later departure, next port is Eden, so no rush.

25 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Sorry to disagree with you. šŸ™‚On our many Princess cruises the MDR has been open until 1.30 pm on embarkation day. I am conscious of the time, because we have always made sure we get there in time. The Princess Patter for our cruise on 26th June this year, has the entry in the Dining section: 'Bordeaux Dining Room, Deck 5 MidshipsĀ  Lunch: 12.00pm-1.30pm.'

Ā 

I agree that they try to steer people to the buffet instead although theĀ  MDR lunch is listed in the Princess Patter.

Ā 

Ā 

5 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We are arrival group A and start at 11am. The time, as OzKiwiJJ says, is in the travel checklist section.

Edited by Aussieflyer