Can you borrow a clothes iron ?

JCMass.

Does Holland America have clothes irons you can borrow for use in your cabin.  We will be cruising for several weeks, we have laundry service but it would be great to touch up some of our clothes with an iron. 

No - they're not allowed.  Steamers aren't allowed either.  HAL will do a great job pressing your item(s) in the laundry (for a nominal fee) or you can bring some wrinkle-releasing spray.  Or better yet - bring wrinkle-resistant clothes! 😉

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 3

On 7/11/2022 at 5:19 PM, Cruisercl said:

The are cruiselines that do offer irons/boards for use in the staterooms.

I use them all of the time........it is more stressful to me to be wrinkled. 😊

I agree, the last time we were on HAL we were on the Maasdam and they had a laundry room for passengers that had ironing boards and irons.  We are going on a 24 day cruise, we have laundry but it would be nice to be able to touch up a few items.  

• Like 2

Go to Walmart and pick up a bottle of Downy Wrinkle Releaser.  Then head to the travel section of the Pharmacy department and pick up a travel size.  (Refill the travel size from the big bottle when it’s low.)  You can add water to the travel bottle to top it up while you’re traveling and it will still work.  Pack it in a ziploc bag.  Your life will never be the same.

E44BF8A6-8FE4-4E4D-863A-D12E9B692C82.jpeg.403ea33c1d813ec3876f790479d39102.jpeg 69A20BF5-2AAE-4F4F-AA01-DA788172FA1C.jpeg.28dcb6b33f209ccc9dc4ec4d5490d5c9.jpeg

• Like 1

JCMass - Which ship are you on? Most HAL ships do not have a self-service laundry but a couple older ships still have one. I was surprised to see them on a current Maasdam ship deck plan. But since you have laundry service as part of your cruise package, and HAL does a VERY professional job, with no touchups needed (I'm quite picky and all my clothes come back in perfect shape), why would you bother?

3 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

Go to Walmart and pick up a bottle of Downy Wrinkle Releaser.  Then head to the travel section of the Pharmacy department and pick up a travel size.  (Refill the travel size from the big bottle when it’s low.)  You can add water to the travel bottle to top it up while you’re traveling and it will still work.  Pack it in a ziploc bag.  Your life will never be the same.

E44BF8A6-8FE4-4E4D-863A-D12E9B692C82.jpeg.403ea33c1d813ec3876f790479d39102.jpeg 69A20BF5-2AAE-4F4F-AA01-DA788172FA1C.jpeg.28dcb6b33f209ccc9dc4ec4d5490d5c9.jpeg

Thanks for the idea but I have used this and was not very happy with the results.

This is me being OCD about this. 😎

26 minutes ago, twodjs said:

JCMass - Which ship are you on? Most HAL ships do not have a self-service laundry but a couple older ships still have one. I was surprised to see them on a current Maasdam ship deck plan. But since you have laundry service as part of your cruise package, and HAL does a VERY professional job, with no touchups needed (I'm quite picky and all my clothes come back in perfect shape), why would you bother?

No free laundry service here as part of my cruise package.

Soooooo......

3 hours ago, Cruisercl said:

No free laundry service here as part of my cruise package.

Soooooo......

I was responding to the original poster. Most don't have the luxury of free laundry. Bottom line, if wrinkles bother you (I completely understand), pay for laundry. Just consider it a cost of cruising. Actually a small fraction of what you paid for your cruise. You don't need something else to stress about!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, twodjs said:

HAL got rid of ALL self-service laundry facilities. They sold some of the ships and pulled the washers/dryers out of the others to create more cabins.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, twodjs said:

I was responding to the original poster. Most don't have the luxury of free laundry. Bottom line, if wrinkles bother you (I completely understand), pay for laundry. Just consider it a cost of cruising. Actually a small fraction of what you paid for your cruise. You don't need something else to stress about!

You do realize that the maasdam is no longer in hal fleet, right?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

You do realize that the maasdam is no longer in hal fleet, right?

Honestly no. We haven't sailed on the older ships in some time, so had no reason to need to know. When another poster said they had self-service laundry on their last Maasdam cruise, I googled the Maasdam deck plan and the launderettes showed up on several web sites. I wasn't aware deck plans still pop up long after the ships are gone. 

On 7/13/2022 at 12:15 PM, twodjs said:

We have paid for laundry for the trip, if people have found that clothes come back in fine shape I will take a chance.  The suggestion of Downey wrinkle release, often the chemicals in these bother me.  I know Fabreze can trigger a migrane in many people.  I usually bring a small steamer, and have never had a problem with it on other cruise lines, people have commented that HAL will confiscate it for the entire trip.  Thanks for all the advice.  

The Maasdam was sold during the pandemic.