Earth and Ocean Menus'

robertmartha

So excited to FINALLY be sailing again in 3 months...

Last sailing (pre covid) we did not take advantage of this dining option...but the more I am reading about it recently from posters it does sound interesting. For those currently on board and in the near future - if you have a chance and can post some of the nightly menus' that would be great. Would love to get a better sense of nightly offerings.

TY

Bob

30 minutes ago, Mauzac said:

If you download the SB App, you can check the menus daily.  Our cruise isn't until Autumn but I look every so often.

You can see all the daily menus in each restaurant on the App. 

My cruise is next month and I also check the menus almost daily!

Nancy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mauzac said:

We don't embark until end September so I really must resist!

We also aren't cruising until the end of September, but I check the menus on the app every day and do a mock ordering (although I've yet to receive my choices).

That's how I noticed that the Lobster Thermidor 🦞 in the TK Grill disappeared from the menu for a week or two recently (btw, it returned last week).

I assume the menus I see on my app are for the ship I'm scheduled to sail on.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, skybluewaters said:

We also aren't cruising until the end of September, but I check the menus on the app every day and do a mock ordering (although I've yet to receive my choices).

That's how I noticed that the Lobster Thermidor 🦞 in the TK Grill disappeared from the menu for a week or two recently (btw, it returned last week).

I assume the menus I see on my app are for the ship I'm scheduled to sail on.

Right, I'm going on in there then!  

I have just seen we're 79 days and 17 hours away from our cruise.  I think a daily checking of the menus is now in order!  

For a late-September Alaska cruise, with the more likely possibility of cold, rainy and windy weather, I wonder if Earth and Ocean will be open many days.  Since it's an outdoor venue, we may not get many chances to dine there.  Hope I'm wrong. 

39 minutes ago, skybluewaters said:

For a late-September Alaska cruise, with the more likely possibility of cold, rainy and windy weather, I wonder if Earth and Ocean will be open many days.  Since it's an outdoor venue, we may not get many chances to dine there.  Hope I'm wrong. 

They have heaters mounted to the roof directly over the dining area. That said, if it is windy, it can get chilly, but there are blankets provided. I would be more concerned with rain.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, jdk-atlga said:

They have heaters mounted to the roof directly over the dining area. That said, if it is windy, it can get chilly, but there are blankets provided. I would be more concerned with rain.

In our experience, even with rain, they are open. The tables under cover may be the only one in use though.

• Thanks 1