Norwegian and Holland America Stop Pre Covid Testing in EU August 1, 2022

aliaschief

In Europe, many of the testing facilities have closed or are closing in the coming days.  There is now only one reason for an official test.............cruising.

Venice has almost no available testing sites.

So, it was either remove the requirement for testing or the cruise lines supply testing facilities at the pier.  They have taken the easier option.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

27 minutes ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

???????????

Presumably discontinuing testing will cause some people to book who would not otherwise test, just like some who were comfortable enough to cruise because there *is* testing may elect not to go if no one is being tested; and then some other subset of people who simply won't make a booking. What are the numbers of each group? Unknown 

6 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Does this cover the HAL cruises leaving from Trieste (Venice)?  We are on the Oosterdam Aug 21st from there,

It's hard to tell right now if HAL is adding additional ports or sticking with the first round of pre-testing that they cancelled at the beginning of the month (Rotterdam and Amsterdam).

According to the article linked (which is a bit outdated):

image.png.4e61d3abd1c62ae8fd7207ab6d9d84f9.png

11 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Does this cover the HAL cruises leaving from Trieste (Venice)?  We are on the Oosterdam Aug 21st from there,

There seems to be no reliable source for the 'No Test' information as relating to HAL cruises.  It could be a keyboard journalist misrepresenting various pieces of information in the wrong way.

HAL has not changed the info/FAQ on the website.

HAL or Carnival Corp has not issued a press release.

The only basis for the 'news' is the announcement about the 3 test cruises from Amsterdam on the Rotterdam.

I can find no information relating to EU Healthy Gateways modifying their Pre cruise testing requirement.  Again no source is mentioned within the article by Loyalty Lobby.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am now also wondering whether this article is correct or not.  It clearly is for NCL, since they made a public announcement and it is documented on their website.  But the same has not happened with HAL.  In fact, their first of three cruises without testing only started two days ago.  I had assumed the reason for the three cruises from Amsterdam was an experiment to see if the lack of pre-boarding covid testing really increased the covid rate during the cruise.  Well, they certainly could not have reached any conclusions after just two days.  I am adopting a wait and see attitude until I read an official announcement from HAL.

• Like 3