NCL Introduces new "Free At Sea Plus" Packages

7 hours ago, kessdarln said:

Has anyone worked out the cost for one person with streaming internet added? Math is not my specialty.  I thought I saw a post but cannot find it now. Thanks. 

I know to add streaming to the plus package was an extra $10 per day. Making it an additional $59 per day  per person.

• Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

It's amazing that people will spend $3-4k to be in an interior on a mass-market cruise and believe they got a deal because "things were included in the original price".

My cruise in April on the Joy for a Club Suite Balcony is $2800 all in.  I will probably upgrade the drink package to make it around $3300…

• Like 2

What exactly is streaming?  Is that watching movies from your phone? I am traveling with two kids and thinking of getting the plus for the unlimited wifi.  Was assuming that would work for the amount of time they spend "Tik Toking." but if tik toking is streaming, then I am going to have to get the streaming package as well.

14 minutes ago, Deacon22 said:

What exactly is streaming?  Is that watching movies from your phone? I am traveling with two kids and thinking of getting the plus for the unlimited wifi.  Was assuming that would work for the amount of time they spend "Tik Toking." but if tik toking is streaming, then I am going to have to get the streaming package as well.

The unlimited internet is slow, not the best for watching any type of video. I would assume this means tiktok, but I can't confirm. 

The streaming plan allows you to watch video (Hulu, Netflix etc)

For some this may be worth it, others not so much.  Younger people probably cant live without streaming. I dont care to stream anything while cruising.    I wish NCL's original drink package included water like other lines.  The only perk I see with the premium package is water but its not worth $50 per day 🙄

• Like 1

I would also add if you are platinum the 2 extra specialty meals may not be what everyone wants. You get 2 plus 2 others.  But maybe people want to eat at a specialty restaurant every night.  However if you stay in the Haven it may not be worth it to leave the Haven every night for dinner when you paid for your own private restaurant.

20 hours ago, Deacon22 said:

Tik Tok probably counts as social media. On our last cruise I swore we had the streaming package, but I was told by my husband's PCC we actually had just the regular unlimited package. We were able to watch reels, stories, hit all the social media accounts, email, and even watch YouTube. YouTube did have a lot of buffer time. We didn't try Tik Tok as we don't have accounts there - don't like the possibility of China taking all our information (we choose to believe they could, you may not, so I hope I'm not starting a debate). 

Streaming really is for the real streaming apps, like @bortman23 mentioned. We upgraded to unlimited streaming for our cruise that leaves on Saturday. I'll try to remember to mention how it works. Regardless of what package you get, it's still going to be slow compared to land-based options. I used to live in Yellowstone for a few years and could only get DSL. I'd say the NCL plans are slightly slower than DSL.

• 2 weeks later...

I just added FASUP to a forthcoming 10 day cruise. When I received confirmation, it only included 1 unlimited internet not the 2 I was expecting. I called NCL back to query and was told that is correct the upgrade only includes 1 unlimited internet. This contradicts everything I've read about FASUP, that clearly states unlimited internet for guests 1 & 2. Has anyone else encountered this? (My booking was via NCL London if this makes any difference).

1 hour ago, Marky Malarky said:

I just added FASUP to a forthcoming 10 day cruise. When I received confirmation, it only included 1 unlimited internet not the 2 I was expecting. I called NCL back to query and was told that is correct the upgrade only includes 1 unlimited internet. This contradicts everything I've read about FASUP, that clearly states unlimited internet for guests 1 & 2. Has anyone else encountered this? (My booking was via NCL London if this makes any difference).

This is what my confirmation looks like after FASUP. It confirms 2 internet package upgrades

Screen Shot 2022-09-07 at 1.40.43 PM.png

1 hour ago, Marky Malarky said:

I upgraded to FASUP via NCL London. It included 2 unlimited internet.

Also, just as an FYI, I added FASUP while already having 8 excursions booked for our upcoming sailing and wanted to do an experiment on whether the $50 per excursion refund would automatically be processed or if I would have to call the excursion department and have them do it manually. 

I waited a few days and then this morning I check my credit card statement and each refund is pending being processed. That was easy! 

91192D6D-E877-4982-801C-B783FBF55357.jpeg

• Like 2

So on the NCL Sky right now and I'm the only person with this upgrade.

Was a little apprehensive with the smaller ship but it has worked out well.

The negative has been the staff just doesn't see this promotion so Internet guy and shore excursions needed a trip as i booked them on board.  They get so many questions about why only 1 credit they assume the same with you and then after digging they realize it says both guests get $50 off so they needed to adjust.

Veuve in the dining room, Atrium Bar and Bliss. Patron Anejo at most bars.  Starbucks every day.   Basically did 3 excursion days for two people, 2 tours with beach days and a kayak tour on GSC and my out of pocket cost was $48.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, scooter6139 said:

Still slightly annoyed that my Confirmation email shows everything correctly, but my online account still wants me to upgrade everything.  

image.png.14da5f0ea9babfd1668decb340f0c98a.png

image.png.6c02b9744ae10f03618612077585443f.png

We have a booking that looks like this also.  We figure they still need to iron-out all the wrinkles in their system.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scooter6139 said:

Still slightly annoyed that my Confirmation email shows everything correctly, but my online account still wants me to upgrade everything.  

image.png.6c02b9744ae10f03618612077585443f.png

Ours looks like that too, I think its because they add the new packages but leave the old ones in place too, if you look at your list you have 2x unlimited internet but also 2x 75 minutes internet so I think its picking up the old offer and offering the upgrade.
Bit confusing but we all have it.

• Like 2

Just a heads up for U.K. customers buying the free at sea plus upgrade. The official line from NCL is that the U.K. offer only includes 1 unlimited wi-fi not 2. I know there are U.K. customers on this thread that have received 2 but this is what I got back from the Haven pre-cruise concierge:

"The WiFi package as part of the Free at Sea promotion is different for UK reservations. These only include one login per stateroom of 250 minutes for 7-13 nights sailings, and attached to the first guest on the reservation. Therefore in upgrading to the "Free at Sea Plus" it would only upgrade the one login to unlimited without streaming. We apologize for any inconvenience."

7 minutes ago, Marky Malarky said:

Just a heads up for U.K. customers buying the free at sea plus upgrade. The official line from NCL is that the U.K. offer only includes 1 unlimited wi-fi not 2. I know there are U.K. customers on this thread that have received 2 but this is what I got back from the Haven pre-cruise concierge:

"The WiFi package as part of the Free at Sea promotion is different for UK reservations. These only include one login per stateroom of 250 minutes for 7-13 nights sailings, and attached to the first guest on the reservation. Therefore in upgrading to the "Free at Sea Plus" it would only upgrade the one login to unlimited without streaming. We apologize for any inconvenience."

We both got internet as the free at sea offer on our cruise, and there is an upgrade option for both of us on the internet, so if what they are saying is correct then the offer must have changed at some point.

4 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

We both got internet as the free at sea offer on our cruise, and there is an upgrade option for both of us on the internet, so if what they are saying is correct then the offer must have changed at some point.

That is what I figured must have happened. I would love to know if anyone else has had this issue in the last week.

On 9/9/2022 at 9:54 AM, scooter6139 said:

FWIW we are seeing the same nonsense online but the edocs have it right.

image.thumb.png.6701823041609cf7502c3f3b1437b469.png

On 9/9/2022 at 9:54 AM, scooter6139 said:

Edited by pbenjamin
  • Like 1