Best Status Match?

Eglesbrech

We have never done MSC but are looking at some cruises. I plan to apply for status match but which would be the best?

Elite on Princess

Diamond on RCI

Elite plus on Celebrity

etc etc

Princess is the top of their 4 grade structure so is that the best? Any thoughts or should I just send copies of the lot and hope for the best.

Any idea how long it takes to register?

Thanks

It seems to depend who does the match at MSC as to the level you get, at one time they said no more Diamond levels being given bur people report getting Diamond.

We sent copies of Celebrity Elite + when we did ours, I would only send one of your other loyalty requests.

Ours took less than a week but it was 4 years ago.

• Thanks 1

So I have applied and one tip for U.K. cruisers, when you put you postcode in split the first three and second three parts or it does not take it so 

PH1(space)5HZ

not Ph15HZ

If you put it in as one line they ask for Provence etc which we don’t have. If you split it, it infills your area and county (ps that,s not my house postcode 😀.)

Now a question.I have seen a cruise I would like to book. Do I have to wait for a reply to the status match or can I book and add in the loyalty club number later?

Guess we were lucky to get status match from Princess back in 2020. Elite transferred to Diamond on MSC. We have sailed again in 2021 and kept the same status. We have another cruise booked on the Meraviglia in October and have the same status. 

1 hour ago, eagletwo said:

Guess we were lucky to get status match from Princess back in 2020. Elite transferred to Diamond on MSC. We have sailed again in 2021 and kept the same status. We have another cruise booked on the Meraviglia in October and have the same status. 

You'll keep that status as long as you don't go more than 3 years between cruises.

22 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Now a question.I have seen a cruise I would like to book. Do I have to wait for a reply to the status match or can I book and add in the loyalty club number later?

Did my previous comment about the F1 simulator on Virtuosa finally persuade you?  😂

FWIW .. I booked my first (round UK) MSC cruise online, but had to contact them anyway about my NHS discount / proof, so they status matched my Cunard level at the same time, then emailed me a new invoice with everything included.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, showingdiva said:

Did my previous comment about the F1 simulator on Virtuosa finally persuade you?  😂

FWIW .. I booked my first (round UK) MSC cruise online, but had to contact them anyway about my NHS discount / proof, so they status matched my Cunard level at the same time, then emailed me a new invoice with everything included.

Not me but my OH, he loves F1!

Edited by Eglesbrech
  • Like 1

Hi, I requested a status match last weekend but haven’t heard anything and didn’t get an acknowledgement email or anything. I haven’t sailed with MSC before but I am diamond on RCCL. looking to book a last min cruise so would like it to be matched if I do..

9 hours ago, bigjcruiser said:

Hi, I requested a status match last weekend but haven’t heard anything and didn’t get an acknowledgement email or anything. I haven’t sailed with MSC before but I am diamond on RCCL. looking to book a last min cruise so would like it to be matched if I do..

Have you tried creating an account and signing in, perhaps re send details again.

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/manage-booking/manage-your-booking

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/manage-booking/msc-voyagers-club/status-match

Edited by LifeonMars
  • Thanks 1