Safety Briefing

Don't think so, as I'm able to book specialty restaurants on the app on a cruise leaving in 30 days. However, you do have to wait to book shows once you're onboard, but I haven't heard that you can do it only after completing the safety briefing.

Edited by footzz
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

No, but you can complete that before you ever get to the ship.

How soon to departure can you do this? I was thinking of doing it either the night before or the taxi ride to the pier.

1 hour ago, reefgeek83 said:

How soon to departure can you do this? I was thinking of doing it either the night before or the taxi ride to the pier.

A few hours before sail away. I think one time it worked the night before but would not count on that.

1 hour ago, reefgeek83 said:

My wife did ours in the car just before arriving at the port. She checked off for both of us as I never saw any of it. Dinged onto the ship and went straight to muster checkin, in and out in under 1 minute.  From car to sitting in the Bamboo Room with a Zombie in hand was well under 30 minutes.

Show reservations (on bigger ships) can only be accessed through the ship wifi.  You may or may not be able to connect from the terminal building.  Has nothing to do with safety briefing.

If you have a specialty restaurant package you may have a courtesy reservation for the first night.  To change that or make others you can call hotline (think 2323), go to kiosk in Promenade, or any specialty restaurant.  Again, nothing to do with safety briefing.

Safety briefing requires observing 1 minute video and checking in at your muster station.  Latter usually open just after boarding starts.

We did our safety video at the hotel before leaving for the terminal.   Once onboard we went straight to our muster station and they checked us off.

And yet….on every cruise…..as late as 3:30-4:00pm they are still begging people to complete their muster!!!  I say cut their card off until they comply!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

We did our safety video at the hotel before leaving for the terminal.   Once onboard we went straight to our muster station and they checked us off.

And yet….on every cruise…..as late as 3:30-4:00pm they are still begging people to complete their muster!!!  I say cut their card off until they comply!!

We did the same. Our muster station was literally at the aft end of the Royal Promenade and on our way to everything, so it was the first thing we did on the ship. The crew member scanned our SeaPass (digital) and said “okay!” I was like, um, “don’t you need to give us the spiel and life jacket talk?” He said no. We thought we were done. 

later that night we get a letter in our stateroom saying we missed the drill and please go to the lounge for a makeup drill at 7pm. (We got this letter at 7:30pm) I was mad bc it’s literally the first thing we did. Somehow we didn’t get checked off. 🙄

37 minutes ago, Steppy08 said:

We did the same. Our muster station was literally at the aft end of the Royal Promenade and on our way to everything, so it was the first thing we did on the ship. The crew member scanned our SeaPass (digital) and said “okay!” I was like, um, “don’t you need to give us the spiel and life jacket talk?” He said no. We thought we were done. 

later that night we get a letter in our stateroom saying we missed the drill and please go to the lounge for a makeup drill at 7pm. (We got this letter at 7:30pm) I was mad bc it’s literally the first thing we did. Somehow we didn’t get checked off. 🙄

Wow!!!  So sorry that happened to you!!  So far we have not had a problem in the last five cruises….

1 hour ago, GTO-Girl said:

Wow!!!  So sorry that happened to you!!  So far we have not had a problem in the last five cruises….

I feel like our crew member was new or didn’t know what to do… they are absolutely supposed to go over the life jacket wearing and when to assemble at the muster station and he did none of that, and obviously didn’t correctly check us off! This was our third cruise since the restart and the previous two did their safety spiels for muster. 

we sit there and complain about the people who still haven’t done theirs at 4pm when technically it was us! 🤣

3 hours ago, Steppy08 said:

Was first at Muster Station, beat the Crew, when he arrived I was checked off. They called my Cabin 5hrs later saying I wasnt there, Sorry I was. Didnt have to return

• Like 1

14 hours ago, caravellov1 said:

I read on another thread that you are required to complete the safety briefing app prior to reserving any shows or specialty restaurants. Is that so?  Thanks

No. You can make reservations long before  you need to watch the video. 

Edited by BirdTravels