Do you have breakfast at the restaurant or windjammer

2 hours ago, 2chiefs said:

We always claim our table first with coffee and silverware and then get our food.

Having said that, we mostly eat breakfast in the MDR. We like it that it's less hectic and leisurely, not to mention safer not having to use the tongs.

The downside of the MDR is the food is usually not hot due to the delay from galley to table and renders toast, pancakes, waffles etc., not very appealing. My pet peeve: Coffee refills are often slow.

We do claim our table before hand. What I mean by not sitting together is hubby may order an omelet and I get to the eggs at a different time so it takes longer...timing is off at times.

Thanks for the heads up about the warmth of the food.

After reading so many comments, I think at this point we will try the MDR, have to have eggs benedict 🙂  And take it from there

3 hours ago, little britain said:

Haven’t been to MDR for breakfast in years. It shuts too early.  
Usually make it into WJ by 10:30.   If I’m on Q class then 270 is my venue of choice. 

That's my issue as well. Being a night owl, I'll sleep in sometimes. What's crazy though is that the few times I do make the MDR for breakfast, there is always a wait to get in and a long line of people trudging in as they are trying to close.   Maybe they need more staff to handle the crowd and transition to lunch?

Otherwise, it's a combination of Windjammer, 1 day of MDR (if lucky) and when available:  Park Cafe/270, Solarium Bistro and Johnny Rockets. And treat ourselves to room service once per cruise.

Edited by HBE4

If you’re in a suite on a non Royal suite class ship (Liberty in this case), where do you get breakfast and is the menu the same as the MDR?  I’m loving the idea of eggs Benedict and hash browns for breakfast - i may have to bring some larger size clothes with me to prepare for all the food I’m planning to eat!

Should have mentioned this earlier, but also enjoy Park Cafe for breakfast on Oasis Class.

As an early riser, Central Park is very peaceful at 6:30am and the Park Cafe McMuffin with a runny egg was my go-to pre-breakfast while waiting for my extended family to wake up on Harmony a couple months ago.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Thanks 1

Just now, JOHN 57 said:

live it up on vacation, and pay for results at home.  The morning walk around the top of the ship for a mile or treadmill in exercise room

Or go on a strict pre-cruise diet for a few weeks prior when you know you gain 10+ lbs. on every 7-night cruise. 🙈

• Like 1

My husband is an early riser, so he goes to pick up coffee and a small bite of something by himself ... then we go for Second Breakfast together.  Yes, I married a hobbit.  

We split our breakfasts between the MDR and the Windjammer: 

- If we want Eggs Benedict, MDR is the obvious choice.  If we want pancakes or French toast, which don't "sit well" -- again -- the MDR is the obvious choice.  

- If we want eggs, we go to the Windjammer, and we wait in line for fresh-cooked.  I also like the miso soup for breakfast in the Windjammer. 

I like a good breakfast buffet.  It's all about the bacon and sausage.  In a full service venue, you get 3 or 4 strips of bacon or 2 or 3 links of sausage.  In a buffer, I can get as much as I want as many times as I want.   I just like to get my copious amounts of bacon/sausage on my own and not have to ask for it.  The buffet usually has an omelet station and that makes me happy too.  Other than that, I'm not much of a buffet fan for other meals.  I may, if I'm in the area and it isn't too busy, stop in to get a piece of cake or pie.  

Edited by Ret MP
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, JOHN 57 said:

that is true, but problems finding a seat, and I like to be waited on.

Not if you go at 7AM. 😁

Also, just remembered that pre-pandemic Oasis and Quantum classes had both buffet and menu availability in the MDR for both breakfast and lunch.

One of the perks we really like with suites is the option to eat breakfast in a reserved restaurant instead of the Windjammer.  On the Voyager/Freedom class ships we sail on, it's usually in Chops, adjacent to the Windjammer.   I will go grab a plate of some of my favorites from the Windjammer buffet, but enjoy the table service in Chops.  

I would like to go to the MDR for breakfast, but they frown on me sleeping at the table.  Chops is good for breakfast and we usually get better service in the morning then we do for dinner. But, I certainly don't shy away from the Windjammer and a plate of sausage and a plate of bacon.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rudeney said:

One of the perks we really like with suites is the option to eat breakfast in a reserved restaurant instead of the Windjammer.  On the Voyager/Freedom class ships we sail on, it's usually in Chops, adjacent to the Windjammer.   I will go grab a plate of some of my favorites from the Windjammer buffet, but enjoy the table service in Chops.  

Coastal Kitchen is good option for Suite guests on Quantum and Oasis class ships (not sure if Coastal Kitchen is on other class ships).  I still prefer a full buffet though for breakfast.  

30 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

My husband is an early riser, so he goes to pick up coffee and a small bite of something by himself ... then we go for Second Breakfast together.  Yes, I married a hobbit. 

I've never been called a Hobbit before but that's my routine, lol.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rudeney said:

We are booked in a junior suite...does that count?

1 hour ago, Harriet75C said:

If you’re in a suite on a non Royal suite class ship (Liberty in this case), where do you get breakfast and is the menu the same as the MDR?  I’m loving the idea of eggs Benedict and hash browns for breakfast - i may have to bring some larger size clothes with me to prepare for all the food I’m planning to eat!

Slightly different menu. But adequate. Benedict is included

18 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

I would like to go to the MDR for breakfast, but they frown on me sleeping at the table.  Chops is good for breakfast and we usually get better service in the morning then we do for dinner. But, I certainly don't shy away from the Windjammer and a plate of sausage and a plate of bacon.

can anybody grab breakfast in Chops or is it for suite people?

only cruised once and used windjammer for breakfast everyday; must have escaped us that we could use MDR (although our then 7yo was probably easier to cater for in the Windjmammer).

Edited by zimmerman