Voyager of the Seas swapped with Adventure of the Seas for 2023-24

So far the website does not have our October 21,2023 that goes to Tortola. It has a October 28th sailing that goes to Tortola and a October 14th Western Caribbean. I'm hoping that Royal's IT just hasn't added the 21st sailing to website. Though it's weird that they would have the sailing before and after ours listed. Curious???

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

So far the website does not have our October 21,2023 that goes to Tortola. It has a October 28th sailing that goes to Tortola and a October 14th Western Caribbean. I'm hoping that Royal's IT just hasn't added the 21st sailing to website. Though it's weird that they would have the sailing before and after ours listed. Curious???

Still being loaded.  I wouldn't read to much into it at this point.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, monorail81 said:

That’s my hope for our cruise, too. 

Wife just checked cabins available for the Adventure for our particular sailing.

ALL cabins are blocked out , with no availability.

So a good sign that will make it easier for the powers to be to complete the straight swaps.

Now being the Adventure is same class as Voyager and the itineraries are the same.

How can speed be an issue when time between ports would be exactly the same, regardless of ship.

Any conspiracy theorists out there 🤔

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

My July 29, 2023 isn't listed yet either. I assume just some catching up on the back end

3 minutes ago, twangster said:

Still being loaded.  I wouldn't read to much into it at this point.

2 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

My July 29, 2023 isn't listed yet either. I assume just some catching up on the back end

That's what I think but I'll rest easier when I see it. We have been trying to get to Tortola for 3 years now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

My theory based on other sailings on other ships which have been on reduced speed - One of them has a bad Azipod which is preventing it from sailing at the correct speed and it can’t be fixed until the next dry dock. My guess is Voyager.

I am curious what these new regulations are. 

• Like 1

I called too.  The rep was aware of any changes.  I had to read the email to her. lol

She put me on hold- and told me that you will have the same cabin that you were originally booked in. 

1 minute ago, monorail81 said:

My theory based on other sailings on other ships which have been on reduced speed - One of them has a bad Azipod which is preventing it from sailing at the correct speed and it can’t be fixed until the next dry dock. My guess is Voyager.

I am curious what these new regulations are. 

That would make sense 

8 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

Now being the Adventure is same class as Voyager and the itineraries are the same.

How can speed be an issue when time between ports would be exactly the same, regardless of ship.

Someone on FB mentioned something about calculating annual carbon intensity based on a company's vessel emissions and companies having to decrease their emissions but I haven't seen anything to confirm and am not sure what that has to do with speed or how swapping the ships helps.

1 hour ago, SailorMarg said:

Since the Galveston Voyager cruises are now showing up on RCCL site I checked my two “new” Voyager cruises, both are in very particular cabins.  One cruise is booked in an Oceanview Panoramic suite of which there are only two and the other cruise is booked in the Royal Suite of which there is only one.  Glad to see neither is showing as available to book on my cruises.  Now to wait for the email confirming.

I am finding this as well. I have a group on the Adventure Sept 18th sailing. We have the RS and OS and a GS booked.  Looking at the new Voyager sailing for that date, each one of those particular rooms are not available. The OS and the GS are not an issue because there are more but they had better grab us the RS for my clients. I'm sweating bullets until I see the new invoice. 

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

That's what I think but I'll rest easier when I see it. We have been trying to get to Tortola for 3 years now.

Like you, I booked this last month because it was going to Tortola BVI (went there on NCL a few years ago) and also St. Croix. We are on the June 17 sailing. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, monorail81 said:

Yeah…..I just got the same email. I’m disappointed because I wanted to sail on Voyager. We haven’t experienced it yet.  🤨  I wonder the likelihood that we’ll be assigned the same stateroom.  I would hope high since it’s almost an identical ship as the other.  

We're on B2B and hoping for our same rooms, but I wouldn't count on it.  I checked online and the Adventure already has cabins booked (12/30/23) and mine isn't available 😡

• Like 1

9 hours ago, twangster said:

I was finally going to try one of the forward facing balcony cabins on deck 11.   Only Navigator and Voyager have them.  Epic timelapse potential.   Have to see what they give me on Adventure.  

So sad -- we were booked in those cabins for our B2B 😡

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dunedinmaiden said:

We're on B2B and hoping for our same rooms, but I wouldn't count on it.  I checked online and the Adventure already has cabins booked (12/30/23) and mine isn't available 😡

Wouldn't yours show as not available because you already have it booked?

1 minute ago, smokeybandit said:

Wouldn't yours show as not available because you already have it booked?

How do we know that it wasn't previously booked on the Adventure and they have the same option to move with the ship?  Am I missing something?

4 minutes ago, dunedinmaiden said:

How do we know that it wasn't previously booked on the Adventure and they have the same option to move with the ship?  Am I missing something?

Your reservation is only protected if you move it to the new ship. If someone really wanted to stay with Adventure they wouldn't get any priority for their existing room.

6 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Your reservation is only protected if you move it to the new ship. If someone really wanted to stay with Adventure they wouldn't get any priority for their existing room.

Just checked the Adventure floor plan and our Voyager B2B cabins (1106 & 1108) aren't even an option on the Adventure.  That ship has a different floor plan for deck 11 😡

9 minutes ago, dunedinmaiden said:

Just checked the Adventure floor plan and our Voyager B2B cabins (1106 & 1108) aren't even an option on the Adventure.  That ship has a different floor plan for deck 11 😡

I expect we'll get assigned a 4D cabin on the side of the ship.  Same category so "like for like" in their mind.  

I had an aft balcony 4B through the panama canal and when they swapped ships like for like they put me in a 4B on the side of the ship.  In that case the same cabin existed on the sister ship but that didn't matter.  Aft, forward, side - it's all the same category to them.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, twangster said:

I expect we'll get assigned a 4D cabin on the side of the ship.  Same category so "like for like" in their mind.  

I had an aft balcony 4B through the panama canal and when they swapped ships like for like they put me in a 4B on the side of the ship.  In that case the same cabin existed on the sister ship but that didn't matter.  Aft, forward, side - it's all the same category to them.  

Like to like to them is a cabin that has 4 walls and a door.

I have 8134 on Voyager for the xmas cruise so that should be like for like. However, I had 8168 on the 7 night from Athens then the Ta on Brilliance.

8168 is a corner aft on En but different category.

Have to wait on the new invoice then decide

12 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I'm still waiting for them to put my cruise week back on the website.

I am waiting also, June 17 is not listed yet out of Fort Lauderdale. Just the alternate week sailing, that goes to Belize. 

10 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I'm still waiting for them to put my cruise week back on the website.

Me too. Looking for October 21,2023. The week before and the week after are posted. The week after goes to all the same ports but in a different order. Our sailing was going to have two sea days on the front end with Perfect Day at the end. The week after goes to PD first and the sea days are at the end.

Other thing is that Tortola on our week is supposed to be from 7am-3pm the week after our as Tortola being from 12pm-8pm. I would much rather have the earlier time slot.