Pre cruise Covid test

Grannyshoe

How do we get a precruise Covid test.Flying in to Vancouver on 22nd August from Australia , 4 days in Vancouver then on Rocky Mountaineer then 2 days in Victoria before back to Vancouver for boarding Noordam September 4th.?

Check the many threads here on the HAL forum and others running now about this.  There are many options in Vancouver.....airport, pharmacies, telehealth proctored self tests....etc.  

After you read the other threads your question should be answered.

I really, really would like to go on the Rocky Mountaineer but it's so expensive for a solo traveler!!!  Have a wonderful time!

~Nancy

18 hours ago, jimi10 said:

How do we get a precruise Covid test.Flying in to Vancouver on 22nd August from Australia , 4 days in Vancouver then on Rocky Mountaineer then 2 days in Victoria before back to Vancouver for boarding Noordam September 4th.?

Here are a couple of options

Emed Proctored Test

Here is another where you can use your own test

OnPoint

My wife and I just made an appointment to be tested (antigen) with Shoppers Drug Mart in our area for our upcoming Alaska cruise. They tell us results in 15 minutes. We are a 45 min drive out of Vancouver so I'm assuming that wouldn't work for you and you are looking for a test in downtown Vancouver. According to Shoppers web site they test at their pharmacy just 3 to 4  blocks from Canada Place (cruise terminal) 1202 West Pender St. Vancouver BC. V3E 2S9.

Ph# 1-604-605-1200. If that location doesn't work for you there is an other Shoppers Drug Mart downtown. Shoppersdrugmart.ca

Hope that helps.

There is lots of discussion on the other thread above that may also be of interest.  

There is conflicting information being given out by HAL versus what people are experiencing in real time!!!   Please see the chat I had with HAL today in the above link which directly conflicts with what a HAL telephone rep told @grey lady??

It's making my brain hurt!!!

• Like 2

We just booked our covid tests for our September cruise to Alaska at the Shopper's Drug Mart near our home.  Anyone coming to Canada and needing a test to cruise - try Shopper's Drug Mart.  They are a Canada wide chain and many of them do offer testing. They charge $40 per test for the antigen tests, more for the PCR.   You can book it all online.  

Your easiest option would be to get one at the port from Holland America or the company they have it contracted to ($60 i believe).. If you go to the frequently asked questions you will find a link to the 3rd party website to book the test but I believe you can only book it 10 days out. There is the Fairmont waterfront  hotel across from the port and they have a walk in clinic so you could call there to book or walk in. (Approx $130)  Another option is to find one of the online services who will watch you take the test certified and send you a letter by email.  Some of these services require you to buy their test and some of them allow you to have your own rapid test.

As for shoppers drug mart... The shoppers drug mart in British Columbia or near Vancouver don't do rapid tests last time I checked.  There are not many options for cheap rapid tests in the area (  Compared to Alberta and Ontario)..

Another option is a few clinics at the Vancouver airport that I believe are listed on their website

11 hours ago, jenp123 said:

Your easiest option would be to get one at the port from Holland America or the company they have it contracted to ($60 i believe).. If you go to the frequently asked questions you will find a link to the 3rd party website to book the test but I believe you can only book it 10 days out. There is the Fairmont waterfront  hotel across from the port and they have a walk in clinic so you could call there to book or walk in. (Approx $130)  Another option is to find one of the online services who will watch you take the test certified and send you a letter by email.  Some of these services require you to buy their test and some of them allow you to have your own rapid test.

As for shoppers drug mart... The shoppers drug mart in British Columbia or near Vancouver don't do rapid tests last time I checked.  There are not many options for cheap rapid tests in the area (  Compared to Alberta and Ontario)..

Another option is a few clinics at the Vancouver airport that I believe are listed on their website

Shoppers in vancouver now does all 'fit ti travel' covid tests  Both pcr and antigen finally!!  Downtown locations are very busy with tourists bring your patience