ArrivCan Noreay is missing

trtog7

Trying to fill in ArrivCan ahead of trip. Flying home from Amsterdam after being in Norway.

When I try to add "other countries I have been to" Norway is not a country.

Called an 800 number for ArrivCan support. " that person is not there and his voice mail is full"

Now what do I do?

19 minutes ago, Sprocket said:

Quick Google search of ArriveCAN says to use  Kingdom of Norway.  Is that an option?

Thank you. Will try that.

Interesting if it is the country you last were in, Norway is listed

Funny incident with Arrivecan.... another reason it needs to be stopped asap!

My daughter and grand daughters recently returned from Cuba. All vaccinated, all documents in order. Three days after their arrival home, they received an email from govt stating they must isolate immediately..........."their Covid tests on arrival at Pearson were positive"........... Huh?? No tests, no requests for random tests... nada....system has MAJOR glitches!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, 3Shelaghs said:

My daughter and grand daughters recently returned from Cuba. All vaccinated, all documents in order. Three days after their arrival home, they received an email from govt stating they must isolate immediately..........."their Covid tests on arrival at Pearson were positive"........... Huh?? No tests, no requests for random tests... nada....system has MAJOR glitches!

And with these humourous stories you want ArriveCan stopped?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 3Shelaghs said:

Have you abandoned cruising because of all the glitches in cruise line booking systems?

I don't see how Arrivecan speeds up your entry into the country.  Even after filling your information in the app, you still need to go and input your declaration into the machines in the customs hall.  You still need to see a customs officer so he/she can review your slip.  Then you still need to hand that slip in after you collect your baggage and exit.  Where is the time savings?

Now if you could scan your QR code and either get a green light to proceed to the exit or a red light to talk to a customs agent, that would be an improvement and save time.

5 hours ago, Magicat said:

I don't see how Arrivecan speeds up your entry into the country.  Even after filling your information in the app, you still need to go and input your declaration into the machines in the customs hall.  You still need to see a customs officer so he/she can review your slip.  Then you still need to hand that slip in after you collect your baggage and exit.  Where is the time savings?

Now if you could scan your QR code and either get a green light to proceed to the exit or a red light to talk to a customs agent, that would be an improvement and save time.

At the moment ArriveCAN is simply for health issues, currently just vaccination. Previously it also handled test results. If ArriveCAN didn't exist everyone would have to present proof of vaccination upon entry. Given the wide variance in proof from various countries, especially the US it takes no imagination to realize how much slower the entry process would be.

It is possible to enter a CBSA declaration for some ports of entry using the app. Saving a little more time. There is also a separate eDeclaration app that can be used to get a QR code for use at some airports.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, broberts said:

At the moment ArriveCAN is simply for health issues, currently just vaccination. Previously it also handled test results. If ArriveCAN didn't exist everyone would have to present proof of vaccination upon entry. Given the wide variance in proof from various countries, especially the US it takes no imagination to realize how much slower the entry process would be.

It is possible to enter a CBSA declaration for some ports of entry using the app. Saving a little more time. There is also a separate eDeclaration app that can be used to get a QR code for use at some airports.

Yes.  Also, I don't believe you'll see anything in the GoC website(s) related to ArriveCAN about saving time, except maybe pre-filling the CBSA Declaration and that's no big deal.  For sure, if you don't complete ArriveCAN you may be spending much more time at the entry points than previously!

Hi everyone, have a question about arrive Can.

We are embarking on a cruise in New-York, the ship is stopping in Halifax, Sidney, Greenland then back to Canada in St-John's and to New-York.

I know we have to fill up the AC App before embarkation so we can get off in Halifax and Sidney.

Do we have to refill it for the portion coming from Greenland to St-John's?

+ Do we have to refill it again for the portion New-York\Montreal for return flight?

Have to admit I'm a little mixed up in all of this.😟

You will need ArriveCAN to board. The ship calling at a Canadian port requires the submission. Whether you get off or not is irrelevant.

I have no idea about the Greenland / St John's leg. I expect the ship will be able to answer the question. Shore-side may or may not have a correct answer.

ArriveCAN submission will be needed to board the NYC / Montreal flight.

• Thanks 1

You will need to make a total of three submissions as you will be entering Canada from a foreign country on three occasions, first when you arrive in Halifax from the US, the second when you arrive in St. John's from Greenland, and the third when you arrived in Montreal from the US.

• Thanks 1