Btimmer's Almost Live Nieuw Statendam Canada, Greenland, Iceland Trip - 8/3-27/22

Btimmer

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

Btimmer was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

We're off again to cruise on the Nieuw Statendam from Boston to Canada, Greenland, and Iceland and return to Boston for most of the month of August.  These ports are all new to us and we're once again really looking forward to this trip. We have a few shore excursions booked, but primarily we want to walk and visit the local ports we stop at.

We were last on the Nieuw Statendam for its inaugural voyage from Civitavecchia to FLL.  On that voyage we had a postage stamp sized interior SPA room.  For this trip we have an aft inside room.

I'll do my customary reporting here with pictures and entertain questions.  I'll also be doing my daily blog (no pictures) at a link I'll provide later.

Please join us and come along.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

That sounds wonderful!  All new ports are even more exciting.  I love your reports so will be watching for them as you get time to post.

I hope your travels to Boston run smoothly.

Bon Voyage,

~Nancy

42 minutes ago, Btimmer said:

We're off again to cruise on the Nieuw Statendam from Boston to Canada, Greenland, and Iceland and return to Boston for most of the month of August.  These ports are all new to us and we're once again really looking forward to this trip. We have a few shore excursions booked, but primarily we want to walk and visit the local ports we stop at.

We were last on the Nieuw Statendam for its inaugural voyage from Civitavecchia to FLL.  On that voyage we had a postage stamp sized interior SPA room.  For this trip we have an aft inside room.

I'll do my customary reporting here with pictures and entertain questions.  I'll also be doing my daily blog (no pictures) at a link I'll provide later.

Please join us and come along.

Looking forward to your posts - we will be seeing you onboard!   Only our COVID test remains (fingers crossed)

• Like 2

Just now, The-Inside-Cabin said:

Looking forward to your posts - we will be seeing you onboard!   Only our COVID test remains (fingers crossed)

We have the health questionnaire, Verify, and ArrivCan to complete which we'll do tomorrow.  We'll do our Covid testing on Monday.

• Like 1

I'll probably not be able to follow along, since we'll be on the cruise with you!  I'll read it all when we get home.

Covid tests on Monday, Verifly and ArriveCan just about done...packing done....can't wait!!

Laura

• Haha 1

One thing that's really interesting about the start of this cruise is that EVERYONE'S boarding times were changed a few days ago due to a US Coast Guard inspection of the ship.   It will certainly be interesting to see how all passengers are boarded in a 1.5 time span beginning at 1:30pm.  We typically like to board in time for lunch; now it looks like dinner is the goal.

• Like 2

Hi Tim, 

Looking forward to your reports as we considered doing this cruise. But be very careful. Friends on the current Zaandam Voyage of the Vikings caught Covid within the first week and their 5 day quarantine caused them to miss 4 ports (Iceland and Norway). There's been quite a bit of Covid on that ship and now the Captain is requiring masks be worn. Hope you stay healthy!

Jill

Just now, ScottishMaid said:

Hi Tim, 

Looking forward to your reports as we considered doing this cruise. But be very careful. Friends on the current Zaandam Voyage of the Vikings caught Covid within the first week and their 5 day quarantine caused them to miss 4 ports (Iceland and Norway). There's been quite a bit of Covid on that ship and now the Captain is requiring masks be worn. Hope you stay healthy!

Jill

Thanks, Jill.  As Covid survivors, we will certainly do our best.  We're only doing 4 excursions; otherwise we're doing our own thing.

Have you considered the Westerdam 10/2 cruise out of Seattle?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Btimmer said:

We have the health questionnaire, Verify, and ArrivCan to complete which we'll do tomorrow.  We'll do our Covid testing on Monday.

Taking our proctored covid test at 0 dark thirty before our flight out Monday morning. Have enjoyed your almost live posts before and looking forward to meeting you maybe under the stars.

2 minutes ago, Bookited said:

Taking our proctored covid test at 0 dark thirty before our flight out Monday morning. Have enjoyed your almost live posts before and looking forward to meeting you maybe under the stars.

We'll do something similar Re: testing.  I'll be at the second half of the M&G.  Please look me up. I'll likely have an orange Dutch soccer shirt on that day.

58 minutes ago, ScottishMaid said:

Hi Tim, 

Jill

Jill, can you unblock me from your spam filter.  I tried to send you a message but it was blocked.

1 hour ago, Btimmer said:

Jill, can you unblock me from your spam filter.  I tried to send you a message but it was blocked.

Sorry about that. Please try again and let me know if it doesn't get through. Do you still have the same email address as 2 years ago? I presume so if you got my email.

We got serious about the cruise tonight and formally booked our Monday morning flight and two nights lodging at the Hilton Boston Downtown Faneuil.  Normally we fly standby, but this time we wanted the assurance of reaching Boston before our cruise.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Been There, Planning That said:

We'd done all the research for each port, and then cancelled just before final payment.

I'll sure be reading your daily posts of all we'll be missing.

Ruth

Me too!!

Hope everyone on this cruise stays safe and healthy and has a really good time!  Looking forward to all the reports.