Current Binax Now Expiration Dates

heymikey2016

Hi-

I tried to search for this, but it was too detailed to get results. If you recently ordered the Binax (proctored) 3-pack, what was the expiration date? We are cruising at the end of January 2023, and I'm just trying to get a feel of when I should order.

Thanks!

58 minutes ago, heymikey2016 said:

Hi-

I tried to search for this, but it was too detailed to get results. If you recently ordered the Binax (proctored) 3-pack, what was the expiration date? We are cruising at the end of January 2023, and I'm just trying to get a feel of when I should order.

Thanks!

They are all mostly expired.  Companies are sitting on millions as people aren’t testing

2 minutes ago, bamaone said:

Most test expiration dates have been extended. Binax  is the first 2 listed. 15 month extension.

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/coronavirus-covid-19-and-medical-devices/home-otc-covid-19-diagnostic-tests#list

So the test with an expiration date gets a 15 month extension date to expiration makes you wonder if the test is valid.

1 minute ago, TheSeagoer said:

So the test with an expiration date gets a 15 month extension date to expiration makes you wonder if the test is valid.

Being honest,  I don’t really care. I just need a negative test to get on my cruise. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TheSeagoer said:

When they made the tests they didn't know how long they would be effective and so were conservative. As the tests have been out longer and they have a better idea as to their longevity they can adjust expiration dates.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, snowballs mom said:

Abbott, the largest manufacturer of at home test had their EUA pulled in July of 2021.  They are still selling them.   https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/coronavirus-covid-19-update-fda-informs-public-about-possible-accuracy-concerns-abbott-id-now-point

3 hours ago, heymikey2016 said:

Hi-

Thanks!

Just got some from cvs an they are good till 1/07/2023

1 minute ago, TheSeagoer said:

Abbott, the largest manufacturer of at home test had their EUA pulled in July of 2021.  They are still selling them.   https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/coronavirus-covid-19-update-fda-informs-public-about-possible-accuracy-concerns-abbott-id-now-point

Old news, that article is dated 

For Immediate Release:

May 14, 2020

Can you find an article that's not over 2 years old? 

6 hours ago, heymikey2016 said:

Hi-

Thanks!

I ordered mine in June  and they are good until May 9th 2023