Wonder of the seas - Dazzles?

We are looking into booking a cruise on Wonder of the Seas.  I thought all the Oasis class ships had pretty much the same venues but it looks like Wonder has some different features. We did a back to back on Oasis a few years ago and just loved Dazzles with the live band and dancing.  Does Wonder have a lounge or a venue similar to Dazzles?

3 minutes ago, Sun Lover said:

We are looking into booking a cruise on Wonder of the Seas.  I thought all the Oasis class ships had pretty much the same venues but it looks like Wonder has some different features. We did a back to back on Oasis a few years ago and just loved Dazzles with the live band and dancing.  Does Wonder have a lounge or a venue similar to Dazzles?

Music Hall took its place

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sun Lover said:

No more dazzles.  Even allure which has dazzles uses it differently now.  Very sad indeed.  It was almost all karaoke last cruise as opportunities to the great live bands they used to have.   They ruined one of the best live music/dancing spots on the ship.  

5 minutes ago, topnole said:

No more dazzles.  Even allure which has dazzles uses it differently now.  Very sad indeed.  It was almost all karaoke last cruise as opportunities to the great live bands they used to have.   They ruined one of the best live music/dancing spots on the ship.  

Must be ship dependent.

On Oasis it has been converted to a music hall and they had cover bands in there that changed every 2 weeks as well as the house band.  On Symphony it is still Dazzles but they had a great house band playing in there nearly every night

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Must be ship dependent.

On Oasis it has been converted to a music hall and they had cover bands in there that changed every 2 weeks as well as the house band.  On Symphony it is still Dazzles but they had a great house band playing in there nearly every night

So is music hall set up to be a dance club like dazzles?   Or is it more like a concert?   

2 minutes ago, topnole said:

So is music hall set up to be a dance club like dazzles?   Or is it more like a concert?   

2 minutes ago, topnole said:

Pretty close to the same layout and there still is a dancing area

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Pretty close to the same layout and there still is a dancing area

Sounds like they simply changed the name then?  They always had live bands doing cover music.  Usually a theme (like 70s music) for part of the night and then just popular dance music the rest of the night.  My wife absolutely loved Dazzles.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, topnole said:

Sounds like they simply changed the name then?  They always had live bands doing cover music.  Usually a theme (like 70s music) for part of the night and then just popular dance music the rest of the night.  My wife absolutely loved Dazzles.  

Pretty much.  Ships I have been on the bands have been pretty much 70's and 80's rock

Edited by Ourusualbeach

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2022 at 11:26 AM, topnole said:

I agree, Dazzles was great. We didn't get a chance to do it when we did Symphony (2019) because we caught the norovirus, but the time before when we sailed on Oasis (2017) it was great. We are doing Wonder next year so I hope the Music Hall does similar music. We are in our 30s, and for me that was the spot.

• 1 month later...

I like both but I think they are both very different in look and feel. Dazzles was bright, glittery with that big window at the back. Music Hall is dark, Smokey (machine) and quite grungy.  Loved the bands in Music Hall on Wonder but think it’s a shame they swapped out Dazzles on Oasis. 

18 minutes ago, Garden_Girl said:

I like both but I think they are both very different in look and feel. Dazzles was bright, glittery with that big window at the back. Music Hall is dark, Smokey (machine) and quite grungy.  Loved the bands in Music Hall on Wonder but think it’s a shame they swapped out Dazzles on Oasis. 

Confused.
Music hall on Wonder is in exactly the same location as Dazzles on other oasis ships; with the same big glass lookout to boardwalk…. They just changed the name and did away with the bling. 
Music hall on Anthem is dark and metallic and grungy. 

On 8/4/2022 at 10:00 AM, Sun Lover said:

No more Dazzles on Oasis. My daughter got "married" in there on our 2016 cruise, the photos were beautiful. (she was supposed to get married at a stop in St Thomas that didn't happen because of a medical emergency)  So they had a commitment ceremony in Dazzles, RC staff did a phenomenal job in a short amount of time to do a beautiful ceremony. 

Dazzles is now a very dark music space. We were on Oasis again last year, it didn't even recognize it as the same space. It was only on the second night in there I realized it was where Dazzles used to be. 

On 9/21/2022 at 9:27 PM, little britain said:

Confused.
Music hall on Wonder is in exactly the same location as Dazzles on other oasis ships; with the same big glass lookout to boardwalk…. They just changed the name and did away with the bling. 
Music hall on Anthem is dark and metallic and grungy. 

Did you go during the day?  The night I went it was dark and grungy on Wonder. I definitely didn’t see the glass lookout which I assume was behind the band.  I wonder (no pun intended) if they are able to change the mood of the room. We saw a rock band at the late showing. 

On 9/27/2022 at 10:28 PM, Garden_Girl said:

Did you go during the day?  The night I went it was dark and grungy on Wonder. I definitely didn’t see the glass lookout which I assume was behind the band.  I wonder (no pun intended) if they are able to change the mood of the room. We saw a rock band at the late showing. 

The Music Hall has all the ambiance of a dentist’s waiting room with the chairs in rows. At least cluster them around small tables…. MH works much better as a venue on Anthem. 

• 11 months later...
19 hours ago, Dagators said:

Is the noise level bad for cabins on the same floor as Dazzles Music Hall

I'm not sure if the Wonder has something different about the layout that makes the rooms or the noise levels different from Symphony, but I stayed on the Symphony, 9th floor, right outside the elevator bay and door to Dazzles (room 9264) and you can definitely hear the music and it's loud, but it ends around 11pm. 

It didn't bother me at all, but I don't need things to be quiet when I sleep. If you need complete quiet in your room, don't book a room near there. 

Edited by ARandomTraveler
  • Like 1

The music hall is a huge improvement over sound deadening than Dazzles.  

If you don’t mind loosing your hearing forever go on a ship with Dazzles.  Whoever is controlling the volume in Dazzles obviously can’t hear anymore as they play the music way to loud.

On 9/8/2023 at 5:21 PM, Dagators said:

Is the noise level bad for cabins on the same floor as Dazzles Music Hall

On Oasis there were a few interior rooms right next to Music hall, right as you walked off the elevators. I can imagine THEY can hear the music, as we could hear it walking by those rooms- there is a back door for staff to get in and out of music hall just past these rooms, so the rooms themselves literally line the walls of the venue.  Anything past those 3 or 4 rooms, I don't think you can hear a thing- we had a room about 7 rooms down the hall on the same side as music hall (Deck 9- so the upstairs part) and we heard NOTHING.