FOR ANYONE THAT HAVE USED RAPID TEST AND TRACE WITH EXPIRED FREE GOV TEST?

Our current freebie IHealth kits expire a month prior to our cruise. Found an FDA page showing the kits with considerable extensions of the expirations, including ours. Does anyone have any experience with Rapid Test and Trace, while also using expired kits (date on box)? Messaged Rapid Test and Trace, but not getting an answer. Thank you in advance for your reply. 

Yep, we used iHealth kits with RT&T in July that expired a month prior based on the box date, no issues whatsoever.

Not sure how you messaged them but their live chat answered my questions very quickly.

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Yep, we used iHealth kits with RT&T in July that expired a month prior based on the box date, no issues whatsoever.

Not sure how you messaged them but their live chat answered my questions very quickly.

Managed to finally get a reply a little later. Rep actually provided me with a list from the FDA reflecting a long batch of iHealth kits that have expired (on box), or about to, with 6-9 month extensions. Ours were on the list. Thank you for replying.

6 minutes ago, treehugr said:

Managed to finally get a reply a little later. Rep actually provided me with a list from the FDA reflecting a long batch of iHealth kits that have expired (on box), or about to, with 6-9 month extensions. Ours were on the list. Thank you for replying.

Glad it worked out. Their customer support coupled with a couple other factors is what made me spend the extra $5 to use them over OnPoint, and I'm as frugal as it gets.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, OCSC Mike said:

Glad it worked out. Their customer support coupled with a couple other factors is what made me spend the extra $5 to use them over OnPoint, and I'm as frugal as it gets.

Funny thing, we were considering OnPoint as well, up until reading quite a few reviews here on CC and a recent debacle a YouTuber talked extensively about the problems they had with them. Frugal as well, but this is one of those times I'd rather pay extra for piece of mind. 

13 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

A friend is cruising with family soon, and he was ecstatic when I told him about RT&T.  I also advised him to not try to save the $5/test.... his personality does not go well with "poor customer service" issued!

We just did ours Thursday with them using Binax Now that I got free from Walgreens with my Medicare plan.  When signing up for the test, we had to put in brand we were using but no one ever asked lot number or expiration date of the kit itself. Nor did they look at the box.  I guess as long as the controls work, it doesn’t matter.

7 hours ago, brillohead said:

A friend is cruising with family soon, and he was ecstatic when I told him about RT&T.  I also advised him to not try to save the $5/test.... his personality does not go well with "poor customer service" issued!

Same here. I'm severely hearing impaired and I always seem to find myself with someone who speaks poor english and has a strong accent I have trouble understanding. Read many post about no communication problems to speak of, which is worth the extra $5 in my book. 

3 hours ago, joetop2467 said:

We just did ours Thursday with them using Binax Now that I got free from Walgreens with my Medicare plan.  When signing up for the test, we had to put in brand we were using but no one ever asked lot number or expiration date of the kit itself. Nor did they look at the box.  I guess as long as the controls work, it doesn’t matter.

Seem to recall others posting something similar. At this point I think some of these proctors are just going through the motions and don't get caught up with anything other than pass or fail. Nice lady (Rochelle) at RTT went as far as to find the extension list for iHealth kits approved by the FDA, which put our minds at ease about using expired kits. 

Edited by treehugr
  • Like 1

They have extended the expiration date on most all brands, but I have never had a telehealth rep ever ask about the expiration date (not Optum emed or Raid test and trace).

Here is a list of common tests and a link for all test extension dates below those:

• BinaxNOW Covid-19 Ag Card Home Test (Abbott Diagnostics Scarborough, Inc.): Extended to 15 months from 12 months
  • BinaxNOW Covid-19 Antigen Self Test (Abbott Diagnostics Scarborough, Inc.): Extended to 15 months from 12 months
  • CareStart Covid-19 Antigen Home Test (Access Bio, Inc.): Extended to 12 months from 9 months
  • Flowflex Covid-19 Antigen Home Test (ACON Laboratories Inc.): Extended to 16 months from 12 months
  • Celltrion DiaTrust Covid-19 Ag Home Test (Celltrion USA, Inc.): Extended to 18 months from 12 months
  • Detect Covid-19 Test (Detect, Inc.): Extended to 8 months from 6 months
  • iHealth Covid-19 Antigen Rapid Test (iHealth Labs, Inc.): Extended to 9 months from 6 months
  • SCoV-2 Ag Detect Rapid Self-Test (InBios International Inc.): Extended to 10 months from 6 months

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/coronavirus-covid-19-and-medical-devices/home-otc-covid-19-diagnostic-tests?utm_source=CDRHTwitterD

Edited by AlohaLivin
  • Like 1

I have already purchased the proctoring for OnPoint so I will give them a try and hoping all goes well. Here's my question, if I have a problem am I able to purchase with RTT the day of our testing and do the test that same day?

25 minutes ago, bren61 said:

I have already purchased the proctoring for OnPoint so I will give them a try and hoping all goes well. Here's my question, if I have a problem am I able to purchase with RTT the day of our testing and do the test that same day?

I would think so, but do email them through their customer service email at info@rapidtestandtrace.com  - they get back to you very quickly.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2022 at 1:22 PM, AlohaLivin said:

They have extended the expiration date on most all brands, but I have never had a telehealth rep ever ask about the expiration date (not Optum emed or Raid test and trace).

Here is a list of common tests and a link for all test extension dates below those:

• BinaxNOW Covid-19 Ag Card Home Test (Abbott Diagnostics Scarborough, Inc.): Extended to 15 months from 12 months
  • BinaxNOW Covid-19 Antigen Self Test (Abbott Diagnostics Scarborough, Inc.): Extended to 15 months from 12 months
  • CareStart Covid-19 Antigen Home Test (Access Bio, Inc.): Extended to 12 months from 9 months
  • Flowflex Covid-19 Antigen Home Test (ACON Laboratories Inc.): Extended to 16 months from 12 months
  • Celltrion DiaTrust Covid-19 Ag Home Test (Celltrion USA, Inc.): Extended to 18 months from 12 months
  • Detect Covid-19 Test (Detect, Inc.): Extended to 8 months from 6 months
  • iHealth Covid-19 Antigen Rapid Test (iHealth Labs, Inc.): Extended to 9 months from 6 months
  • SCoV-2 Ag Detect Rapid Self-Test (InBios International Inc.): Extended to 10 months from 6 months

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/coronavirus-covid-19-and-medical-devices/home-otc-covid-19-diagnostic-tests?utm_source=CDRHTwitterD

Thank you for posting. That is far more extensive than the list I got from RTT. Our second batch of Gov free test were SD Biosensor, Inc, also expiring prior to our cruise. RTT rep stated they had no extension for them though. Your list clearly shows they are. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bren61 said:

It would simply depend on whether they had appointments available.  

As long as you have spare tests and the website has appointments available, you can test whenever you want.

On 8/5/2022 at 4:19 PM, treehugr said:

Funny thing, we were considering OnPoint as well, up until reading quite a few reviews here on CC and a recent debacle a YouTuber talked extensively about the problems they had with them. Frugal as well, but this is one of those times I'd rather pay extra for piece of mind. 

I was going to go with OnPoint.  What are the problems?  Who did you use?

23 hours ago, bren61 said:

Let me know how it goes.  I was planning to go with OnPoint. 

15 minutes ago, moposh said:

I was going to go with OnPoint.  What are the problems?  Who did you use?

There have been some issues reported with it being hard to contact them if you need assistance or have questions. Also, a few people have reported not receiving their appointment e-mails.

They seem to get the job done, but there may be the occasional hiccup.

• Like 1

I would like to ask ( read the Covid Discussion information ) about the "pre cruise" testing. Just asking if anyone has done one of these 2 Days as we are flying out on the 19th and cruise is on the 20th and hope to board about 12:00. So if we are tested and proctored and it's negative on the 18th, does this satisfy the "2 day" prior to testing? 

37 minutes ago, KATHYMAC68 said:

One more if you don’t mind..

How far in advance do you have to call for an appt?

I can only speak for RT&T. Check their website. You can see their appointment calendar without booking. Pretty far out if I recall.

Here's some more info that may help...

I wouldn't pay and schedule too far in advance, things are constantly changing. I felt comfortable at booking mine for the end of September only because it is a Canada/New England cruise and I doubt Canada will drop their requirements for awhile. If i'm not mistaken NCL has dropped all of their testing.