Current QV Queen's Grill a la carte and bar set up

Stu UK

I know there have been some posts about limited a la carte menu. Not the case. Excuse pour pictures but you will see current offerings below. 

Bar set up - asked for Hendricks gin, unable to get for us. 

DADBAA3D-8AEE-46D1-BBC9-88E32B989E6B.jpeg

40FE5996-9697-4F80-B205-84767AC004FF.jpeg

9E6FCA20-0B84-4DB2-9A05-E6422C9C98B6.jpeg

Edited by Stu UK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, groryjm said:

@Stu UK Thanks for the up date. 

I noticed the only brandy listed is Spanish and there is an asterix. What is that for? Is a Cognac available?

Was very similar when we were on QE in Nov 2019 but without the Spanish brandy and when asked butler for brandy/cognac was told a very firm NO. I was very surprised then and would be even more now for how much Cunard are charging for QG.

Edited by majortom10

We are on the trip with you!

I was a bit disappointed by the tea in the grills afternoon tea.  Not the cakes and so on but the choice of teas.  The menu only offered the anonymous whatever-is-in-the-pot, "The Earl" (I assume Earl Grey) and and an Assam, "Orange Pekoe".  Some older tea menus had a choice of 17, though a footnote on the menu said more were available.

I asked for the Orange Pekoe and the waiter seemed confused. He went and fetched a more senior waiter who said he had been eight years on the ship and had never heard of Orange Pekoe, and they didn't have it.  I asked for the choices and he said they used to have pearl teas but do not do them any more.

So supposedly they had a choice of two teas and hadn't heard of one.

My guess is they had got confused: there are so many fruit teas these days I suspect they though it was a fruit tea made from oranges.

The Grills lounge does list a lot more teas on their menu, so there does seem some confusion.

Edited by WestonOne
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

I wonder if any of the entrees listed as being for two could be ordered for a solo diner?  

I love lamb and duck. My husband doesn't. I have had both  Rack of Lamb and the Orange Duck served  just for me  but I have no idea if that's the norm or if I'm just a lucky ducky

If you don't ask, you won't get, so worth smiling nicely and asking.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

I love lamb and duck. My husband doesn't. I have had both  Rack of Lamb and the Orange Duck served  just for me  but I have no idea if that's the norm or if I'm just a lucky ducky

And, on at least a couple of occasions I have shared a duck with one of the people at the next table.  Why does that sound so indelicate?😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

And, on at least a couple of occasions I have shared a duck with one of the people at the next table.  Why does that sound so indelicate?😀

Peking Duck has always been a favourite and luckily, 'the table' [Pre Covid we had tables for 6/8] has always been happy to join in.

Might have to try your 'neighbouring' technique as we're dining à deux for the foreseeable future. 🙂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

Peking Duck has always been a favourite and luckily, 'the table' [Pre Covid we had tables for 6/8] has always been happy to join in.

Might have to try your 'neighbouring' technique as we're dining à deux for the foreseeable future. 🙂

One time, there was an unfortunate man whose wife was vegetarian.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

And, on at least a couple of occasions I have shared a duck with one of the people at the next table.  Why does that sound so indelicate?

On business in Plymouth many years ago. Ate at a restaurant in the Sutton Harbour area.

One of two men on another table indicated an interest in a bottle of wine on the menu, but wouldn't want the whole bottle.

A chap dining alone chirped up that he too was interested in the same wine.

The waiter offered to split the bill between the two tables. The chap on his own said "I don't know about that". Waiter: "Why not?" Lone diner: "He looks greedy!"

After the rest of the diners had a good laugh the waiter assured that he would ensure that the wine was shared evenly and they continued to enjoy their meals and wine.

Edited by D&N
spelling
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

The Peking duck makes a good main course for 2 - or maybe I am just greedy!  You just have to remember to order it 2-3 days ahead so they have time to prepare it.

1 hour ago, Victoria2 said:

Quite correct!  Even if such "usual for two" entrees cannot be made for a solo diner, without knowing what is on the daily menu, I could surely find enough on the ala carte menu with some repeats to make my taste buds and tummy happy.  

Earlier this year, my partner and I ordered the Beef Wellington, fully expecting to share it in compliance with the menu. We were asked how we wanted it cooked - without thinking it through, we both absently asked for different levels of ‘done’.

Yes, you can see where this is going. We were each served a two-person Beef Wellington cooked to our respective standards of perfection. Delicious, but very near deadly (and we didn’t make the evening entertainment).  What a way to go, though. I have attached the photo I HAD to take.

Essentially, I would certainly ask if you want to try a ‘sharing’ entrée, but be prepared to be served the whole thing….

B9380BB9-CBC8-4F09-8FCD-C113E60A2243.jpeg

Edited by Jonem2001
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Se1lad said:

The Peking duck makes a good main course for 2 - or maybe I am just greedy!  You just have to remember to order it 2-3 days ahead so they have time to prepare it.

Not greedy at all. One duck for two, four ducks for seven makes a great main course. One duck for me, now that's  a lot,  but I'll try and soldier through the angst. 🙂