The Real Love Boat

Roatanfans

9 minutes ago, Roatanfans said:

Just saw a commercial for a new show called the Real Love Boat.  It is airing October 5 on CBS.  It is on board Regal Princess.  Guess I will have to watch, hopefully it's good incase it plays in our staterooms in the future!

The love boat cruise is October 22nd. 

No this isn't for a cruise but a new TV show.  A finding love on a cruiseship while doing challenges kind of reality show (think Love Island or a cross between Survivor and the Bachelor)  Hosts of the show are Rebecca Romijin and Jerry O'Connell.  The show is called The Real Love Boat and is filmed on the Regal Princess in the Mediterranean.  The commercials play the Love Boat theme and have similar graphics to the original show, but doesn't look like a scripted revamp but more of a reality style show.

1 hour ago, Roatanfans said:

No this isn't for a cruise but a new TV show.  A finding love on a cruiseship while doing challenges kind of reality show (think Love Island or a cross between Survivor and the Bachelor)  Hosts of the show are Rebecca Romijin and Jerry O'Connell.  The show is called The Real Love Boat and is filmed on the Regal Princess in the Mediterranean.  The commercials play the Love Boat theme and have similar graphics to the original show, but doesn't look like a scripted revamp but more of a reality style show.

If you’re directing this comment to me.  I know about the tv show.   
And know where it was filmed.   and seen and searched a bunch about it.  
my comment is just that.  A comment about a love boat themed cruise in October on the new discovery.   

3 hours ago, caribill said:

There is a thread by someone who was on a cruise when this was filmed.

The posts include a photo of the winners.

Oh sure....leave it to someone to spoil the ending for me 🤣as if I was even gonna watch it in the first place.

• Haha 2

Last show I watched in that style was probably Joe millionaire.  I could see them playing the show daily on a channel in the room or having it on demand onboard.  Don't know if I'd watch but maybe on a late night.

9 hours ago, Ptroxx said:

Oh yeah.   The show sounds stupid and wouldn’t waste time watching.  Lol 

I couldn't have said it better myself.  Of course, I saw the promo for it while watching Big Brother, so I guess my standards are low, but not THAT low. 😉

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DCThunder said:

I couldn't have said it better myself.  Of course, I saw the promo for it while watching Big Brother, so I guess my standards are low, but not THAT low. 😉

Lol seen the same promo lastnight 

but I’ve seen others. Lol.  
don’t shame us for watching big brother.   Lolol.
Survivor starts soon too. Lolol.  

6 hours ago, caribill said:

There is a thread by someone who was on a cruise when this was filmed.

The posts include a photo of the winners.

let’s see the winners.    Spoiler alert. Lol. 

6 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

Lol seen the same promo lastnight 

but I’ve seen others. Lol.  
don’t shame us for watching big brother.   Lolol.
Survivor starts soon too. Lolol.  

I've seen some Survivor promos too.  Most of the footage is from the "loved ones reunion" episodes which were omitted last year for COVID reasons, but appear to be coming back.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Roatanfans said:

".... but doesn't look like a scripted revamp but more of a reality style show."

I would challenge that ... reality shows have us fooled 😉  This one I will give a pass on (don't like the Bachelor and such shows) but I do watch my fair share of reality TV (sadly LOL)  I was hoping seeing the commercial that it really was a revisit of the old Love Boat series, I LOVED that show so much as it was mindless carefree entertainment that made me smile and one could pretty well always predict the ending in the first 10 minutes.

Edited to add:  I won't go so far as to call it stupid as I do have some dignity when speaking of what I entertained myself in yesterdays 🤪

Edited by poffles

9 minutes ago, poffles said:

Edited to add:  I won't go so far as to call it stupid as I do have some dignity when speaking of what I entertained myself in yesterdays 🤪

I can relate. Re - watching some shows I watched decades ago that I thought were great but now seem so stupid. They are obviously not the ones who have changed.