Is there a fee to upgrade cabins after booking?

xps15z

Let's say I booked an interior room for a June 2023 booking. But in November, I decided I wanted an interior or balcony just due to pricing I've seen. Will there system allow me to do an upgrade and pay the difference or is there a fee associated with changing cabins for the same boat/date?

10 minutes ago, xps15z said:

Let's say I booked an interior room for a June 2023 booking. But in November, I decided I wanted an interior or balcony just due to pricing I've seen. Will there system allow me to do an upgrade and pay the difference or is there a fee associated with changing cabins for the same boat/date?

You can upgrade and pay the prevailing rate.

1 hour ago, xps15z said:

I've seen a few ta sites I cant name who say they have a change fee. Dont use them.

1 hour ago, xps15z said:

Haven't tried this on boats, but I have done it on trains and whatnot. I think it's just down to availability.

2 minutes ago, Thesandman12 said:

You can upgrade anytime you want, f they have what you want, TA can do it for you. You can upgrade at check in if cabin is available, which we have done, risky, yes but, can make some deals. All they can do is say no, does not cost anything.

In July, we upgraded while on board.

3 minutes ago, Rusty_lock said:

If upgrading pier side to a suite would you still get double points or does it work like the Royal UP and get the points you would have been awarded had you stayed in your regular cabin.

If you pay to upgrade yourself (Not through Royal Up), you get the double points, I have done it several times 

2 hours ago, sandebeach said:

If you pay to upgrade yourself (Not through Royal Up), you get the double points, I have done it several times 

They are asking to upgrade at the pier (which doesn't happen) or on board (which rarely happens). In both cases that is likely to be NOT at the prevailing rate in which case you wouldn't get the extra suite points.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

They are asking to upgrade at the pier (which doesn't happen) or on board (which rarely happens). In both cases that is likely to be NOT at the prevailing rate in which case you wouldn't get the extra suite points.

Got it!

40 minutes ago, KS Sunflower said:

I've asked about upgrading at check-in and been told they don't have that information.  They told me to check at Guest Services.  I haven't bothered to do that and just stayed with my original cabin.

Back in the day....way back in the day this was possible, but I have tried doing this on multiple occasions and the answer has always been "Sorry, we're booked up"  HOwever, we once were upgraded to a balcony on Liberty when we could not sleep in our Deck 2 interior because it was right under the skating venue ladies room and the cleaning staff woke us at 3:00 every morning, they came listened and the next thing ya know we were moved to Decka 9 I think it was and I had only asked to be shuffled around on deck 2.  Nice!

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Thanks 1