Proof of Drink Package - can you use the App?

VitaminSea53

Yes !

If you are a longer cruise, I would say 9 or more days and you drink in the same location, I have experienced that your server will recognize you and will not ask for your card.

This is my experience only.

11 minutes ago, m8zenblue said:

Yes !

If you are a longer cruise, I would say 9 or more days and you drink in the same location, I have experienced that your server will recognize you and will not ask for your card.

This is my experience only.

That didn’t really answer the OPs question, and I’d be interested in the answer as well…kind of like having your seapass on your phone in your Apple wallet type thing? I’m often digging around to find my card whereas my phone is always within easy reach. 

• Thanks 1

I could be mistaken but other than the drink package showing on your boarding pass in the app I haven’t seen it anywhere.  Our last 2 cruises they rarely asked for card but rather asked for your cabin number.

• Like 2

If only the cabin number is needed, that would work as well.  Like Barwick Cruiser said, my phone is readily available but my sea pass may not be.  Along those lines, going off and getting back on the ship, they scan your sea pass.  Can they scan something from your profile on the App as well?  

If I understand the OPC question correctly it is how does one prove that you have a drink package. At boarding day, you should see the correct code on your boarding pass which you can view on the app. When you get on the ship, the code will be on your SeaPass card.   Look for CALL or PALL, classic and premium.  

If you do not have the code on your card, go to guest relations and they will either print you a new card or they will apply a sticker to your card showing your beverage package.

At that point, all you need to do is show the card to a server. At that point, all you need to do is show the card to a server.  Or give the server your room number.  They can access the information and they will know which package you have even without showing the card.

• Thanks 1

OP here….. I know about the codes on the Sea Pass.  I was hoping that I wouldn’t need to carry around the pass on ship.  Since I can unlock my door with the App, the only unanswered question is can I get adult beverages and just show the server my profile on the App to prove that I have a beverage package.  I always carry my phone with me.  On past cruises, the server would ask for my Sea Pass card.  They never asked for my cabin number.  It’s been a minute since I cruised last so maybe things have changed.  Thanks for everyone’s input.  

When Cruising started up again, there was an effort to keep servers from touching peoples cards. They might glance at the card, or they might ask for your room number. Recently, I have seen some servers actually take the card over to the point-of-sale machine, some have just asked for room numbers, and others have asked to see the card, so anything is possible.

While the app works for many things, it doesn’t replace your card. It won’t work for getting on and off the ship at a port, for example. And fairly often I experience times when the app simply went down and was inaccessible. You would need your card to get in your room if that happened to you.

• Like 4

I wish Celebrity did something like Princess dies with the medallion.  AS I apprach a bar the bartender sees my picture on his tablet, knows my name and beverage package.  Anywhe on the ship I can use the app to order drinks, food, etc, and they will find me and bring it to me.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VitaminSea53 said:

Along those lines, going off and getting back on the ship, they scan your sea pass.  Can they scan something from your profile on the App as well?  

Definitely not.  At many ports, local security won't even let you pass to the pier unless you have your card to wave at them on the way through.  They're not trained to do it any other way.

You can get a drink at all bars simply by saying your room number. Even the portable bars will trust you have a package, or charge you later if you don't, they just write your room number on a pad of paper. If you don't like that because anybody can say you room number, it doesn't matter because there is no limit on your drinks per day and the drinks don't even show on your invoice like other lines do. ie Carnival 15 drinks and each shows on your invoice. Celebrity is less concerned about sharing and I presume the assumption is most people have some kind of drinks package.

5 minutes ago, darren42 said:

You can get a drink at all bars simply by saying your room number. Even the portable bars will trust you have a package, or charge you later if you don't, they just write your room number on a pad of paper. If you don't like that because anybody can say you room number, it doesn't matter because there is no limit on your drinks per day and the drinks don't even show on your invoice like other lines do.

Works OK until someone starts ordering $28 glasses of Caymus.  Then I'd kinda like to have cards and signatures exchanged!

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, darren42 said:

Then I'm sure they would, but that's not what we are talking about here. If it did happen the signatures would not match and a refund would be issued.

Point missed.  Point: one would hope just a cabin # wouldn't be considered sufficient for those times when a charge was involved. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, darren42 said:

You can get a drink at all bars simply by saying your room number. Even the portable bars will trust you have a package, or charge you later if you don't, they just write your room number on a pad of paper. If you don't like that because anybody can say you room number, it doesn't matter because there is no limit on your drinks per day and the drinks don't even show on your invoice like other lines do. ie Carnival 15 drinks and each shows on your invoice. Celebrity is less concerned about sharing and I presume the assumption is most people have some kind of drinks package.

I agree it’s been that way (nearly everyone has a package) but wonder with the new cruise only fares being sold if we will see that approach change. 

In July ( on the Silhouette) they were asking to see the cards each time. A couple of people tried to show their packages on the phones when they boarded as they hadn’t yet been to their cabin to get their cards. Each time they were told they would accept it this time but they needed their card for future drinks. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, VitaminSea53 said:

Do you have to show your room card to the waiter for proof of Drink Package or can you show them the App on your phone?  In other words, does the App show proof of drink package?

You can pull up your express pass on the app, and it does show whar drink package you have, if any.  Honestly, I don't know if that's acceptable for a bartender, and it sounds it might be only in limited circumstances.

In any case, life is much, much easier when you keep your card on you.

21 hours ago, VitaminSea53 said:

OP here….. I know about the codes on the Sea Pass.  I was hoping that I wouldn’t need to carry around the pass on ship.  Since I can unlock my door with the App, the only unanswered question is can I get adult beverages and just show the server my profile on the App to prove that I have a beverage package.  I always carry my phone with me.  On past cruises, the server would ask for my Sea Pass card.  They never asked for my cabin number.  It’s been a minute since I cruised last so maybe things have changed.  Thanks for everyone’s input.  

Try it for yourself. It maybe acceptable on some ships but not fleetwide. 

I’m on the Eclipse Sept 11…I’m def going to try it and see what happens. Will report back my results. I’m so used to shopping at home and only carrying my phone. Loyalty cards, credit and debit cards all in one place. So easy. I will carry my seapass card just in case 🤔🤞