Complaints specific to one particular cruise

FangedRose

Someone has just posted in another place that they have received a reply to their complaints about the 5th July Arcadia cruise.Refuses to go into anymore details of the complaint or the reply because they are too long.

There follows a string of people worrying about upcoming cruises and begging for more details which are not forthcoming from the op.

I've tried to allay their fears by pointing out that the majority of problems were specific to that cruise and were no longer an issue.

Why do people do that? JUST DON'T. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Camberley said:

Quite. Was almost perfect on Britannia the other week: well, apart from broken glass in the serenity pool that found its way into my partner’s foot. But all fine in the end, and otherwise a stunning cruise.

Hope they did not charge you for the medical treatment

Quite. Was almost perfect on Britannia the other week: well, apart from broken glass in the serenity pool that found its way into my partner’s foot. But all fine in the end, and otherwise a stunning cruise.

Really glad to hear that. 5 weeks for us, but only one week for Anthem. Can you have too many cruises?.🤣

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Hope they did not charge you for the medical treatment

Oh they did but we had no joy subsequently on that front. But they were swift to empty the pool etc, and medical team were great….small mercies and all that!

On 8/26/2022 at 10:14 AM, Camberley said:

Oh they did but we had no joy subsequently on that front. But they were swift to empty the pool etc, and medical team were great….small mercies and all that!

That seems harsh.  Last month on Celebrity Silhouette I tripped (open-toe slippers now consigned to the bin!) entering the bathroom and damaged my shoulder.  I was x-rayed, given an injection for the pain plus oral pain killers, trussed up in a sling and all at no cost because ‘it happened on the ship.’  We were impressed.

• Like 2

"Was almost perfect on Britannia the other week: well, apart from broken glass in the serenity pool that found its way into my partner’s foot."

P&O are liable - end of.

IMO you really should take this up with P&O to at least pay for your medical bills.

• Like 3

On 8/28/2022 at 12:05 AM, bbtablet said:

"Was almost perfect on Britannia the other week: well, apart from broken glass in the serenity pool that found its way into my partner’s foot."

P&O are liable - end of.

IMO you really should take this up with P&O to at least pay for your medical bills.

Oh we have. Several times since the cruise, too..
But you do realise how poor they are at even communicating back?

Oh we have. Several times since the cruise, too..
But you do realise how poor they are at even communicating back?

Have you considered asking your card company to do a charge back for the medical costs on your final bill from the cruise?

On 8/28/2022 at 12:05 AM, bbtablet said:

P&O are liable - end of.

P&O are not "liable - end of" and this is not the first time you've doled out incorrect advice.

If, for example, P&O can prove via written records that the pool was checked a reasonable length of time before the accident (for example, it was checked within, say, an hour of the accident and written records confirm that) then any claim is likely to fail;  the OP has to prove negligence. Direct advice from a personal injury solicitor.

Having said that, I have every sympathy with the OP and hope he succeeds in reclaiming the costs involved.

Edited by AnnieC
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, AnnieC said:

P&O are not "liable - end of" and this is not the first time you've doled out incorrect advice.

If, for example, P&O can prove via written records that the pool was checked a reasonable length of time before the accident (for example, it was checked within, say, an hour of the accident and written records confirm that) then any claim is likely to fail;  the OP has to prove negligence. Direct advice from a personal injury solicitor.

Having said that, I have every sympathy with the OP and hope he succeeds in reclaiming the costs involved.

Whilst legally you are correct with as far as any litigation for negligence if they prove that pools are regularly checked. I think as a matter of goodwill P&O should not charge them any medical charges for the incident.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Whilst legally you are correct with as far as any litigation for negligence if they prove that pools are regularly checked. I think as a matter of goodwill P&O should not charge them any medical charges for the incident.

I agree and made that clear. I was simply correcting a poster (with form) who posted inaccurate legal "advice"...

• Like 3