Can you still carry on bottled water?

3CatsInMA

16 minutes ago, 3CatsInMA said:

Heading out on Oasis in two weeks from NJ.

I believe that we were allowed to bring 12 bottles of water aboard in the past.  Has this changed?

12 bottles. Must be hand carried.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/food-drink-onboard-policy

Personally, I won't want to be lugging around a dozen bottles of water on embarkation day. We just buy a few onboard. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

We boarded Oasis last Sunday and I saw people with 12 and 24 packs of standard size water bottles.    Not something I would want to carry around.

Cabins were ready by 1 pm so maybe check in at 1230 or 1 pm then you go right to your cabin to drop off water, etc.

Surprised the ship let them on with the 24 pack.  It's 12 per cabin...or perhaps they had two cabins?

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

No canned water onboard Oasis this week.  In fact, bartenders said they are no longer ordering them due to all the complaints.  

Hope that ends up being fleet wide.   Even the LA we talked to, when those first cans started to come out, told me the crew hated them.  Can't seal them or refill them...and much more expensive.  

Bucky won't drink canned beer either.  😉 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PolicromaSol said:

You could always stuff the water bottles in your luggage. 😇

You take a chance there that your luggage will hit the "naughty room" and be detained.  Crew would not know if those water bottles are bottles of Vodka.  🤔

12 minutes ago, PolicromaSol said:

Wait.....people do that? I don't know if that's hilarious or scary.

Yup...they try anything.  Have seen them confiscate bottles of alcohol that pax have put in Listerine bottles to hide them.  They get very creative.  Yuck...Listerine flavored rum.  😛

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

Or just pack an empty water bottle or two, and fill them from the tap/dispenser any time you want more water.  The shipboard water is good.  Can even add ice if using a wide-mouth.

Yes indeed...but please...please people, DO fill a cup first then that bottle of yours.  Keep used bottles away from the spigots on water dispensers around the ship.  

I have filled my bottle from cabin water tap if I had to...but prefer the filtered water from the dispensers.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mapleleafforever said:

I would wager that a good percentage of people carrying on bottled water are actually carrying on vodka. Sooooo easy to do. 

I got checked one time.  They look to see if the seal is broken, and then shake it.  Apparently bubbles or lack of...is a tell tale sign.  😉   But no...just water.  That agent did not have a free happy hour after all.  😄 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, island lady said:

I got checked one time.  They look to see if the seal is broken, and then shake it.  Apparently bubbles or lack of...is a tell tale sign.  😉   But no...just water.  That agent did not have a free happy hour after all.  😄 

Oh there are ways to refill easily with seals intact. Many videos on the subject available. Also easy with wine bottles. We do it another way but will never tell.....unless the price is right. 😉

6 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Oh there are ways to refill easily with seals intact. Many videos on the subject available. Also easy with wine bottles. We do it another way but will never tell.....unless the price is right. 😉

LOL...I guess that is still going on then.  😄  

Have no need to try it.  😉