Vines wine bar.

mameeo

2 minutes ago, mameeo said:

Can anyone tell me is there a vines wine bar on the discovery. I see something that says wine cellar but not sure what that is?  Thank you for your answers. 
Cheers 🍷

I believe Vines is not on the newest Princess ships - Discovery and Enchanted. The wine cellar is I think where wine bottles are stored for the dining room. Sadly, recently on the Emerald and Vines is 'not like it used to be' with a very poor selection of especially white wines by the glass. There were no options other than what could be gotten at any other bar...really not sure what Princess is thinking...guessing they are 'over' the wine bar concept. ☹️

Oh that’s to bad we really enjoyed vines on our cruises. It was on the majestic this past May and was quite nice, we enjoyed the flights and having a glass before dinner there. I guess wine on our balcony before dinner for us in Nov. 

Thank you for the quick response. I can always count on fellow cruisers for the answers. 
cheers🍷

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

really not sure what Princess is thinking...guessing they are 'over' the wine bar concept. ☹️

Especially when they used "Voted Best Wine Bar At Sea" in their promotional materials.  

Announcer: "Hey Princess!  You just won "Best Wine Bar At Sea." What are you going to do to celebrate?
Princess:  "We're going to tear it down and build a hot dog stand!"

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, JimmyVWine said:

Especially when they used "Voted Best Wine Bar At Sea" in their promotional materials.  

Announcer: "Hey Princess!  You just won "Best Wine Bar At Sea." What are you going to do to celebrate?

Love it.

Can't imagine that a gastropub will bring in more on board revenue than the wine bar. So goes another poor decision, like getting rid of Crooner's on the Sky, replace Sabatini's with Curtis Stone only to have to return back to Sabatini's, a TV studio with no room to place your drinks, the amazing skywalk, and it goes on & on. Which exec is making these decisions?

Edited by skynight
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, skynight said:

Love it.

Can't imagine that a gastropub will bring in more on board revenue than the wine bar. So goes another poor decision, like getting rid of Crooner's on the Sky, replace Sabatini's with Curtis Stone only to have to return back to Sabatini's, a TV studio with no room to place your drinks, the amazing skywalk, and it goes on & on. Which exec is making these decisions?

We really like Vines too.  Maybe they are trying to appeal to a much younger crowd?

🤔 

1 hour ago, JimmyVWine said:

SMH sadly.  (And I don't care who doesn't understand what I mean).  

image.jpeg.dc44f6d857e2224d66989848d444cbaf.jpeg

• Haha 2