Loyalty Benefits

FluffyFiFi

Just now, FluffyFiFi said:

Just wondering if anyone knows if P&O have started doing the cocktail party on cruises of 8 nights+ for those on Mediterranean tier and upwards? Last few cruises we got a voucher for a glass of fizzy wine but it’s not quite the same thing. 

Been wondering that myself.  Over to anyone recently returned or currently on board.  TIA.

We have just returned from Aurora and are top tier. No loyalty parties other than the priority boarding lunch, and the Peninsular luncheon which is not hosted.  Voucher given for Celebration night drink and another in place of the Peninsular party.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, kersh said:

We have just returned from Aurora and are top tier. No loyalty parties other than the priority boarding lunch, and the Peninsular luncheon which is not hosted.  Voucher given for Celebration night drink and another in place of the Peninsular party.  

Thanks, do you still get a glass of fizz voucher on embarkation, to use at a sailaway as well, or does the embarkation lunch replace that for the top tier?   We are still Mediterranean, but not far off promation 🙂

Edited by tring

Thank you for the replies regarding recent vouchers in lieu of the Peninsula Cocktail Party.

We're not on board until November, will post if it has changed by the time we're on board.

Must admit though, when we got our vouchers last year, we preferred the ability to use them in Tamarind taking in a show compared to having to be like an octopus at the cocktail party itself.  Mind you was always nice to have a chat with one of the officers about the ship etc.

It will be a shame if they get rid of the cocktail party, we’ve only done a couple but enjoyed the talk from the Captain and hearing about the people who had traveled the most nights. It was always fun seeing how many glasses of fizz we could have and also enjoyed the canapés. We also thought the tombola for a bottle of champagne was fun. We are on Azura next month so will I was hoping they might be back.  They still advertise this as one of the perks of loyalty so it seems wrong they have stopped it.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, FluffyFiFi said:

It will be a shame if they get rid of the cocktail party, we’ve only done a couple but enjoyed the talk from the Captain and hearing about the people who had traveled the most nights. It was always fun seeing how many glasses of fizz we could have and also enjoyed the canapés. We also thought the tombola for a bottle of champagne was fun. We are on Azura next month so will I was hoping they might be back.  They still advertise this as one of the perks of loyalty so it seems wrong they have stopped it.

I agree  it is a shame if the cocktail evenings are permanently stopped, we have been on Princess twice this year and both times we went to the loyalty cocktail parties.  I don't think that we will ever be the "Most Travelled" passengers, on our last one they were an American couple whohad done over 300 cruises.

On 9/15/2022 at 12:37 PM, tring said:

Thanks, do you still get a glass of fizz voucher on embarkation, to use at a sailaway as well, or does the embarkation lunch replace that for the top tier?   We are still Mediterranean, but not far off promation 🙂

On Iona recently I got the voucher for a glass of fizz to use at any sailaway, as well as 2 large glasses of wine at the priority embarkation lunch. They also put 2 of the free drink vouchers for Celebration Night outside my door, even though I was travelling solo. Then another solo traveller gave me their voucher for a drink at the next sailaway. So, all in all, I did okay for free drinks on a 7-night cruise.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Valfan said:

On Iona recently I got the voucher for a glass of fizz to use at any sailaway, as well as 2 large glasses of wine at the priority embarkation lunch. They also put 2 of the free drink vouchers for Celebration Night outside my door, even though I was travelling solo. Then another solo traveller gave me their voucher for a drink at the next sailaway. So, all in all, I did okay for free drinks on a 7-night cruise.

You did well  🙂

Thanks for the reply.

Thanks for the info. I used to wonder about that. I always used my vouchers at actual sailaways years ago. But those seem to be a thing of the past now. So on this recent Iona cruise I deliberately sought out a venue where a singer or piano player was doing "sailaway sounds" and presented it there. If there's a next time, I'll know I can use it anywhere at any time.

• Like 1

P&O 'champagne' 🤢🥳

• Haha 2

Yes you still get a voucher for glass of fizz as well as embarkation lunch. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fionboard said:

P&O "champagne" is slightly more drinkable now than the stuff you used to get in your fridge on formal night (Baron de Marck I think it was called - horrible).

I managed to stop the cork on my half bottle bouncing of the ceiling but not the bottle bouncing off the carpet, luckily the steward was at hand to save the carpet from bleaching and i only had a quarter bottle to get through 😁

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...