Windjammer closing time (Mariner)

DLTcard

I saw in a previous compass for Mariner that they Windjammer closes at 9.  Does it completely close at 9?  On our Celebrity cruise this summer, we loved to go up at 10ish to the buffet and get the light snacks like pizza, ice cream, and desserts.  We hoping that was the case with Mariner but it doesn’t sound that way.  Thanks! 

8 minutes ago, Ashland said:

WJ on all RCI ships closes at 9:00pm.

Also have enjoyed the late night buffet options on Celebrity...wish RCI had this but they don't.

That’s not quite correct.

On our Wonder of the Seas cruise in August this year I’m just reading from the cruise compass and the Windjammer was opened from 5.30 pm until 9.30pm every evening.

7 minutes ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

That’s not quite correct.

On our Wonder of the Seas cruise in August this year I’m just reading from the cruise compass and the Windjammer was opened from 5.30 pm until 9.30pm every evening.

That's a lot longer than what I have been seeing, which is 6 to 9.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Was on Jewel in Spring and Serenade Fall 2019 with both WJ's closing at 8:30. Hr's on Radiance Class Ships I was on before this were either 6-830pm or 630-9pm. Either way limited and smaller Ships

Was on Jewel this past July and the WJ dinner hours were 6-9pm.

• Like 2

On 9/16/2022 at 4:33 AM, Biker19 said:

Venue operating hours are listed in the app and are usually correct.

Though my Spring Cruises and ones I'm on in Oct list/listed WJ Breakfast and Lunch but no Dinner hrs until after onboard... Just checked with other CC Members and WJ is currently closing at 8:30pm on Serenade, typical of most my Royal Cruises

7 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Just checked with other CC Members and WJ is currently closing at 8:30pm on Serenade, typical of most my Royal Cruises

All of my answers should also list the caveat to look at the current sailing for the app info to be the most accurate - future sailings' info could be off.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Though my Spring Cruises and ones I'm on in Oct list/listed WJ Breakfast and Lunch but no Dinner hrs until after onboard... Just checked with other CC Members and WJ is currently closing at 8:30pm on Serenade, typical of most my Royal Cruises

That surprises me as 9 PM has been typical of most of my RCI cruises.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2022 at 2:39 PM, steveru621 said:

They close one door at around 9:10 and usually don't allow anyone else inside.  If you are already inside, you can still use the buffet.  I've never stayed long enough to see when they close the buffet and suggest everyone leave.

I've, too, don't know when they actually kick people out but I have had crew come around to let us know they were going to start removing the food and to go get anything we might want. It is sort of like a last call in a bar. I seem to remember that happening maybe 20 minutes or so after closing time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

That surprises me as 9 PM has been typical of most of my RCI cruises.

Thought might be almost all my Cruises last dozen yrs have been in Fall, Radiance Class, longer Sailings with less passengers. But was curious so asked and Alaska Serenade last wks have same 8:30 closing...

• Thanks 1