Formal Night on 5 day cruise

wezie

58 minutes ago, wezie said:

Hi.  I will be sailing on the Joy for 5 nights in October.  What day is the formal night for a 5 day cruise?

There is no "formal night" on NCL. It is Freestyle Cruising. They ask you to Dress Up or Not (we pick Not).

On our recent 5-night cruise on the Breakaway, every night was Resort Casual -  shorts permitted in all restaurants for all meals except Ocean Blue and Le Bistro that asked gents to wear long pants (jeans or dockers o.k.). 

59 minutes ago, mlbcruiser said:

Was lobster, usually a formal night entrée, ever served in the main dining room, even though it was just a five night cruise?

Lobster is never served in any of the main dining rooms.  Lobster is served for an extra charge in Cagney's Steakhouse.

Formal nights don’t always mean better. We took the Queen Victoria in July. They made you wear black tie for two formal nights. They also had shoe leather appearing lamb and an appetizer of chicken fingers on formal night. Will take NCL anytime over that 

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, mlbcruiser said:

Was lobster, usually a formal night entrée, ever served in the main dining room, even though it was just a five night cruise?

Lobster was removed from NCL main dining room menus in August 2016.

Lobster is available in some of the Specialty Dining restaurants (for an upcharge if you are using a dining package).

And is available on the complimentary menu in the Haven (we added lobster to every main course on our cruise last month). 

5 hours ago, tony s said:

Formal nights don’t always mean better. We took the Queen Victoria in July. They made you wear black tie for two formal nights. They also had shoe leather appearing lamb and an appetizer of chicken fingers on formal night. Will take NCL anytime over that 

We are Platinum members on Cunard and enjoy getting dressed up on when we cruise with them. 

We never get dressed up when sailing on NCL. 

2 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

We are Platinum members on Cunard and enjoy getting dressed up on when we cruise with them. 

We never get dressed up when sailing on NCL. 

Exactly, Cunard is a traditional cruise from the old days. NCL, one can do a full 12 days with just a gym bag of clothes and still be over dressed.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2022 at 10:44 PM, wezie said:

Hi.  I will be sailing on the Joy for 5 nights in October.  What day is the formal night for a 5 day cruise?

Never o'clock! And that's why I'll sail NCL...I'd say forever...but perhaps other cruise lines will knock off the fancy dress eventually. Fancy = anything more than my flippie floppies, tshirt, and shorts! 

On 9/18/2022 at 2:27 AM, www3traveler said:

Lobster is never served in any of the main dining rooms.  Lobster is served for an extra charge in Cagney's Steakhouse.

Also Served Every night if you are staying in the Haven and have access to the Haven Restaurant. 

• Like 1