Possible storm in the Caribbean late next week--HURRICANE IAN THREAD*********

jxtgreek

11 minutes ago, blondestickchick said:

Agreed!! We cruise solely during this time of year as it works best with our schedules....it's always a fun time!  My very first cruise in 2004 we got caught up in Hurricane Jean, waves were splashing onto our balcony on our deck above the bridge.  We had the perfect view of the weather radar from our balcony and could see the storm we were outrunning.  We rushed to return to port only to be turned away as we couldn't safely disembark in time for the ship to escape the storm.  IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!  I was happy to learn I don't suffer from seasickness.  Thankfully we've cruised enough where we don't focus on specific destinations so much anymore, rather the experience as a whole.  As I told my husband, we just have to make it on the boat, from there, it's all good!

100% me lol…. We leave on the 29th for eastern Caribbean, as of now looks good, but as long as we get on I really don’t care where we go! 

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor

Way back in 08, Ike taught us a valuable lesson and a new paint job on then a 08 Blazer. Free sandblasting job cost a small fortune to repaint.

Last night that storm over the ABCs was predicted to develop into a hurricane and turn north.

The European model has it tracking up over Cuba, east through south Florida and out to the Atlantic.

The other model (called the American on our local channels) has it going into the Gulf and, depending on how far south the jet steam is,  coming ashore somewhere between Tampa and the Florida/ Alabama coast.

We are hoping the European model prevails.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Retiredmedic said:

😖 We are driving from Houston area on the 5th of October for our 8 October Mardi Gras cruise. Hope these storms do not mess it up.

We are driving into port Canaveral Wednesday lol, have a feeling our ship the getaway will be leaving a day later instead of Thursday leaving Friday 

On 9/20/2022 at 5:29 PM, jxtgreek said:

Just heard about another possible storm late next week.  I'm on a 4 day out of Tampa on the Paradise starting 9/29.  Only 1 port, getaway weekend.  What does Carnival typically do with this type of situation?

The latest National Hurricane Center predictions brings this storm into the gulf coast of Florida by wednesday next week.  The center of the cone seems to predict a strike near Fort Meyer but uncertainty is such that most of the coast is in the cone.  Several things can happen:

1. Carnival could delay the start of the cruise by a day or so if Tampa could get significant storm impact.

2. The cruise could get cancelled and you receive a future cruise credit or refund.

3. Nothing if the storm hits close to Fort Meyers and it is not too large a storm.  Carnival can steer around these things.

This is standard hurricane season cruising conditions so stay tuned to the path of the storm and keep in touch with Carnival (although their incentives are to get you on the ship).

Good luck.

16 minutes ago, BeachDiva101 said:

I wish Carnival would state what they are gonna do for the cruise I'm taking out of Miami on Sunday 9/25 to the Western Caribbean, which obviously is not happening now, of course.  It was supposed to be a 6 day, coming back on Saturday, Oct 1. 

My guess Nassau and private island 

10 minutes ago, thunderingherd11 said:

I am getting on the Paradise in Tampa on October 3rd.  Anyone else on this cruise and how concerned should I be about the current potential hurricane situation?

If you are looking for others on your cruise check the Roll Call for that sailing.   Click on the "Find Your Roll Call" link at the top of the page.

Just now, wolft927 said:

My guess Nassau and private island 

that's my guess too.  Just called Carnival and the girl I talked to, of course, did not have any information yet.  she said they will let you know in 24 hrs. just keep watching your email.  Does anybody know if Nassau or HMC or even Princess cays got effected by hurricane Fiona?

23 minutes ago, BeachDiva101 said:

that's my guess too.  Just called Carnival and the girl I talked to, of course, did not have any information yet.  she said they will let you know in 24 hrs. just keep watching your email.  Does anybody know if Nassau or HMC or even Princess cays got effected by hurricane Fiona?

I know Nassau has ships in port today 

Center of projected cone shows storm hitting Florida around Ft Meyers on the morning of the 28th and exiting Florida around West Palm on the 29th.  Tampa and Port Canaveral are on the northern edge of the cone. Cruises leaving on the first or second of October should be good to go.

45 minutes ago, thunderingherd11 said:

I am getting on the Paradise in Tampa on October 3rd.  Anyone else on this cruise and how concerned should I be about the current potential hurricane situation?

The hurricane will be gone by that time.

Currently predicted to hit the west coast of Florida around the 28th. But it could still be nothing, it could be powerful, it could go somewhere else.

Too early to worry? Yes

Too early to start evaluating potential options? No, Now would be the time to start thinking. But, remain flexible.

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor
1 hour ago, BeachDiva101 said:

I wish Carnival would state what they are gonna do for the cruise I'm taking out of Miami on Sunday 9/25 to the Western Caribbean, which obviously is not happening now, of course.  It was supposed to be a 6 day, coming back on Saturday, Oct 1. 

Usually, a popup on their site or twitter alert.

Guest BasicSailor
30 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

Why doesn't Carnival do something about these hurricanes? With all the cutbacks, it's the least they could do! 

They could drop a small nuke inside the eye to disburse the hurricane .😶

Guest BasicSailor
1 minute ago, BeachDiva101 said:

Yeah, I keep looking on their website, but still nothing.  I am not on twitter.  When I called Carnival, they said they will do an email with the news in the next 24 hrs.

Here's hoping luck is on your side.👍