Current Lists of Wine on Board (2022/23)

luv2travel90266

Thank you all for the fine suggestions!  I may bring a couple bottles from home to start with, and then purchase in ports.  We have a Scotland cruise, five days in Athens, and then a Greek Isles cruise.  Have to have drinkable vino!  Thanks again to all who responded.  It is appreciated!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

For interest, we are currently sailing on Pursuit toward Edinburg from Copenhagen. Last night the available champagnes were Nicholas Feuillate and Tattinger. Today, it seems to be Piper Heidsieck, or at least it was at the brunch buffet.

Edited by lisiamc
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 7/11/2023 at 8:19 AM, lisiamc said:

For interest, we are currently sailing on Pursuit toward Edinburg from Copenhagen. Last night the available champagnes were Nicholas Feuillate and Tattinger. Today, it seems to be Piper Heidsieck, or at least it was at the brunch buffet.

Thanks for the info.  Do you remember what Chardonnays are available?  We're on the Pursuit early next month.  Thanks oodles!

Pam

Already planning my Greek cruise for 2024 and found several wine shops by the Acropolis 

Wine Stores . The low cost corkage charged is in my opinion the way to go. Also if you are doing the chefs table the wines are included regardless of the wine package you have and are quire good. 

• Like 3

On 7/13/2023 at 6:29 PM, Pamu said:

Thanks for the info.  Do you remember what Chardonnays are available?  We're on the Pursuit early next month.  Thanks oodles!

Pam

I’m not a Chardonnay fan, but I asked at the Windows Café bar. This was the Chardonnay available for the Ultimate package.

IMG_3618.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lisiamc said:

I’m not a Chardonnay fan, but I asked at the Windows Café bar. This was the Chardonnay available for the Ultimate package.

Quoting myself to explain that the only reason I mentioned that I’m not a Chardonnay drinker is to explain that I haven’t tried it, and wouldn’t be a good judge of the quality if I had tried it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/17/2023 at 2:12 PM, lisiamc said:

Quoting myself to explain that the only reason I mentioned that I’m not a Chardonnay drinker is to explain that I haven’t tried it, and wouldn’t be a good judge of the quality if I had tried it!

Thanks so much.  I think their list needs to be updated.  I was considering getting the Ultimate package just to have Kendall Jackson.  I think just buying a bottle (when whatever is available does work for me) might be a better approach.

49 minutes ago, Pamu said:

Thanks so much.  I think their list needs to be updated.  I was considering getting the Ultimate package just to have Kendall Jackson.  I think just buying a bottle (when whatever is available does work for me) might be a better approach.

I looked up that chard online.  It is French, from the Languedoc and retails in the US for about $7, none of which inspires much confidence.  It may be fine, it may even be good, But I wouldn't bet on it.  I'm on vacation, I am more inclined to follow your lead of buying something else and paying corkage.....

5 minutes ago, vanman said:

We were on the Pursuit a couple of weeks ago and the ultimate package chardonnay was La Croisade and Woodbridge Chardonnay. Yes, Woodbridge.

Reports have consistently mentioned that the available wines change frequently and are almost never the ones on the published list.  BYOB and pay corkage or buy a wine bottle package if you care about wine.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, vanman said:

We were on the Pursuit a couple of weeks ago and the ultimate package chardonnay was La Croisade and Woodbridge Chardonnay. Yes, Woodbridge.

Woodbridge?? That retails for $9/bottle. Oh, yeah . . . that's a 1.5L bottle. Sadly, the wine offerings in the Ultimate package are far from ultimate.

On the flip side, the corkage charge isn't usurious and the by-the-bottle offerings on the (short) wine list are, near as I can tell, priced pretty close to retail. If your cruise is to a wine-producing country, pick up a bottle or two in port.

We got the Ultimate package as part of the Experience More. I would not get it for the wines, not at all, but if you get a name-brand water or two at lunch/dinner, and a cocktail when it's 5 o'clock somewhere, it's worth it. As an aside, I thought the "Atlas Bar" cocktails were all well-conceived and some were quite good.

• Like 3

On 9/26/2022 at 6:26 PM, excitedofharpenden said:

This is the really nice rose I'm drinking on Journey in the included daily pour. 

Phil 

A3B8D62D-37C7-4791-BE27-CA36D4EB873D.jpeg

Thank Phil, Love the Rose at lunchtime. Hope you are well. Haven't cruised with Azamara since Covid, Feb 2020. Booked Journey January 2024 New Zealand once again. Graham doesn't want to travel too far now. Cheers Barb 

I am on the Pursuit . The Ultimate Bev Chardonnay as pictured above is not bad . Rather weak but not bad. The Cab on Ultimate Bev is from S . Africa-  Excelsoir , and is pretty good

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tango9 said:

I am on the Pursuit . The Ultimate Bev Chardonnay as pictured above is not bad . Rather weak but not bad. The Cab on Ultimate Bev is from S . Africa-  Excelsoir , and is pretty good

Yes, we like the Excelsior also. Nicer than the included Cab Sav which is a bit perfume-y to suit me. The Mapmaker Sauvignon Blanc is very good too.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Generally looks good. Our only gripe is that there isn’t a really dry white like Muscadet Sevre et Main or Chablis.

I think the Louis Latour Chardonnay fits that bill [although it isn't clear which of Latour's many offerings they mean].  But yes, I would prefer a Muscadet for seafood.

• 4 weeks later...

On the Onward now and there is no Cabernet available on the ultimate package. The Decoy which I believe used to be available in the package  is now only by the bottle. 

These are the only 4 available right now (beaujolais, Aussie Merlot and Shiraz and a Chianti) Disappointed to say the least.  

IMG_6180.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the information. I am disappointed with the Beaujolais and the Wolf Blass as they are £5-£7 wines and not really worthy of being called "Ultimate".

The Greg Norman Shiraz and the Castiglioni Chianti are much better wines £14-£16.

I am on Pursuit in November and wonder what they will have on offer? I will leave upgrading until I am on board to make an "informed" decision.

3 hours ago, GUSGB said:

Thanks for the information. I am disappointed with the Beaujolais and the Wolf Blass as they are £5-£7 wines and not really worthy of being called "Ultimate".

The Greg Norman Shiraz and the Castiglioni Chianti are much better wines £14-£16.

I am on Pursuit in November and wonder what they will have on offer? I will leave upgrading until I am on board to make an "informed" decision.

I'm of the exact same opinion. The Wolf Blass horrified me. 

41 minutes ago, norn iron said:

I'm of the exact same opinion. The Wolf Blass horrified me. 

If you have a chance....can you tell us about the Red wines that are included and not upgraded to the ultimate package.

Are they still using the generic Azamara label for the wines?

Thank you for your time and any information.  It is greatly appreciated. 

3 hours ago, Travelingwithstyle said:

If you have a chance....can you tell us about the Red wines that are included and not upgraded to the ultimate package.

Are they still using the generic Azamara label for the wines?

Thank you for your time and any information.  It is greatly appreciated. 

I’m not onboard Onwards yet, I will be in a few weeks time.

Maybe as FFMilesJunkie who is the original poster of the wine photograph can help.

I tried the Azamara Branded wines and they were of comparable quality to "Two Buck Chuck" (now about $4/bottle) and below the quality of a house wine in any restaurant I would go to. If it were to be sold retail it would be less than $5/bottle. I recommend finding a wine shop in port and paying the $10 corkage. 

• Like 3