eMed testing process recently, any changes?

Shellbelle28

We're departing on an Alaska cruise shortly, it looks as though we'll be inside the window where testing is still required. 😕

I used the eMed proctored tests pre-cruise a year ago and all went smoothly, logged in on laptop, short wait for a person to administer to become available, did the test, got results immediately by email and in the Navica app. 

I'm just wondering if it's all still the same? I don't want any surprises! 

🥴

1 hour ago, Shellbelle28 said:

We're departing on an Alaska cruise shortly, it looks as though we'll be inside the window where testing is still required. 😕

I used the eMed proctored tests pre-cruise a year ago and all went smoothly, logged in on laptop, short wait for a person to administer to become available, did the test, got results immediately by email and in the Navica app. 

🥴

We used them back in April and  just this A.M. I ordered more for our cruise in October to Bermuda. Like you, we're hoping nothing has changed. Last time was quick and easy!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Shellbelle28 said:

🥴

We used them last month (7th time) and it was the same. Quick. Easy. Efficient. Done while sipping coffee at the kitchen table. 

• Thanks 1

It's good to hear that eMed is still king.  I bought four as backups and have not used any.  I'll still head to CVS but eMed is my fallback in case life/stuff happens.  I paid more simply because if I needed to use them, I wanted no complications.  Another recent thread reported that a brand "x" competitor was now indicating "no appointments available."  W*F?

• Like 2

The last time we used them was just prior to our August B2B. The only difference this time, from the past 6 times we've done them, was we had to create an eMed account this time, but with no login capabilities. Then, once the testing process began using the required eMed interface, you could opt to have the results sent to a NAVICA account, but it was optional. After we finished the antigen test, they sent us an email referenced in our new eMed account. That's it. Unless you opt to have the report sent to a NAVICA account, your only proof is the email you receive.

At least that's how it worked when we tested August 5th.

• Like 1

Are the E Med tests being accepted for Bermuda?

I am debating on the transatlantic with the stop in Bermuda.  It would mean testing while in Lisbon, since I would go over a few days early.

I am hoping that NCL drops Bermuda from this cruise, like it has others.

Thanks

WE used Inspire Diagnostics, recommended on NCL site.  Was amazed how smoothly it went.  

spent many hours worrying about connections and capability.  Sign in was a little confusing, ordered tests for 2, got confirm for our appointment that was for 2.  But when Proctor came on, said it was only for one, she took care of that immediately. No problem