Laundry in Pinnacle Suite?

Bfson

• Bfson changed the title to Laundry in Pinnacle Suite?

I just did a 

12 minutes ago, Bfson said:

I can’t find any details on how much laundry we are allowed if we are in a Pinnacle suite on the Oosterdam. 

I just ran a dummy booking on the Westerdam (sister ship) and it says:

"Complimentary laundry, pressing and dry cleaning throughout your cruise"

I take that to mean unlimited laundry AND dry cleaning. You just put it in the bag every day if you want!

Just send out whatever you want as often as you want - you have laundry, drycleaning and pressing.  Don’t be surprised if your steward asks if you would like your jacket touched up for Gala night.

It’s unlimited, seriously.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CruisinNana said:

I sent laundry and dry cleaning every day and planning to do the same this November. I’m going to try to pack fewer clothes this time as I am a serious overpacker!  I hope I am successful!

I agree with you. There is no need to overpack since HAL has such an excellent 

laundry service with a good turnaround time.   In past years, I packed too much 

and never wore some clothes. I wear my favorite things. This year on the NS 

I did not bring clothes that I knew I would never wear.  However, I brought 

3 pairs of shoes (one for "dressy nights") and I only wore one pair. Good luck 

with your packing and have a great cruise!

Laundry is free and pretty much unlimited in the Pinnacle and Neptune.  We stay in the pinnacle most of the time and have sent laundry in a couple times a day on a occasion with no issues,  I have actually received laundry back in a few hours and the clothes were warm from the dryer.    Rarely is the clothes not back within a day.   Lately we have even got real nice notes even from the laundry staff.  It is a nice touch!!!  Membership has it’s privileges 😆!!!!

• Like 1

I have heard stories from our room steward about people who bring all dirty laundry with them!  Guess that is one way to cruise and pack.  I have also seen the stewards unload a "ton" of laundry for one cabin - so I assume there is no limit.

44 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

I have heard stories from our room steward about people who bring all dirty laundry with them!  Guess that is one way to cruise and pack.  I have also seen the stewards unload a "ton" of laundry for one cabin - so I assume there is no limit.

Many people travel for a few days or visit the area around the embarkation port. I see no problem in having laundry done the first day.

1 minute ago, richwmn said:

Many people travel for a few days or visit the area around the embarkation port. I see no problem in having laundry done the first day.

For sure, but this room steward told me that the person told him that he always just brings dirty clothes.

We decided to make use of the laundry service whilst staying in a Neptune suite.

Big mistake.  My tuxedo was sent out for dry cleaning, and came back a couple of sizes smaller.  Laundry also lost one of my shirts, and maintain it did not reach them, so I never put it in the bag.  Packing our cases for disembarkation tomorrow, and it's not in our cabin.  Matter is currently in the hands of our concierge, but doesn't sound hopeful.

I gave my tuxedo to our room steward (I asked if he knew of any staff who might want a tuxedo), and he's so happy with his James Bond suit.  Means I have room in the case for souvenirs. 

• Like 1

It is definitely unlimited laundry in the PS (and Neptunes).  We always have a couple bags of laundry on the first day of a cruise, since we always fly in at least a couple days before the cruise starts and on several occasions, a week+ of pre-cruise land travel.  Not a problem at all.

On 9/26/2022 at 6:45 AM, DaveOKC said:

My wife does that! Not dirty laundry but stuff she needs pressed. 

Update to previous post.  Since the laundry team lost my $100 dollar Helly Hanson thermal vest, they will compensate me by providing $20 OBC (10x the 'charge' for cleaning a t-shirt).  At least it looks to be refundable, so should be sent to my credit card.

Use the laundry at your risk.  It has cost me a tuxedo and thermal vest.

7 hours ago, ivanidea said:

Update to previous post.  Since the laundry team lost my $100 dollar Helly Hanson thermal vest, they will compensate me by providing $20 OBC (10x the 'charge' for cleaning a t-shirt).  At least it looks to be refundable, so should be sent to my credit card.

That is brutal.  I know people will send everything there.  Not me.  I still hand wash a fair bit.

7 hours ago, ivanidea said:

I'm sorry that happened to you. What ship were you on?