Booking Question (Might Be a Dumb One)

jbklyn88

Hi all,

My wife and I are both Diamond C&A members. Is it possible to book two different cabins under each of our names/C&A numbers on the website to get the same price for both rooms using our Diamond discount (i.e. I’d book a room for myself and someone else and my wife would book one for herself and someone else, two totally separate reservations)?

We’re trying to get her parents to convert from Norwegian and were wondering if we can do that to keep prices down. And then once on the ship, switch names on the rooms.

Thanks for the help and would appreciate any feedback/suggestions!

Edited by jbklyn88
Added more

4 hours ago, jbklyn88 said:

Hi all,

My wife and I are both Diamond C&A members. Is it possible to book two different cabins under each of our names/C&A numbers on the website to get the same price for both rooms using our Diamond discount (i.e. I’d book a room for myself and someone else and my wife would book one for herself and someone else, two totally separate reservations)?

We’re trying to get her parents to convert from Norwegian and were wondering if we can do that to keep prices down. And then once on the ship, switch names on the rooms.

Thanks for the help and would appreciate any feedback/suggestions!

Not an issue at all.  On board just get extra keys made at guest services.  Some ships will change people around while others won't so in that case you just have to carry 2 keys, one for the room and the one for your seapass account.

Yes, you definitely can do this.   We did this with our Son and his Fiance a couple months ago.   

When we did online check in we input their credit card info for onboard charges under their names as to keep that separate.   We paid for their cruise but they were responsible to pay for whatever they bought onboard.

We linked the reservations together so all 4 of us would have same table in dining room.

Once onboard we didn't ask to switch names for cabins we simply got key cards.

By doing this they ended up with welcome gift of waters and chocolate covered strawberries in their cabin.

We've done this several times so friends/family can share our discounts with us. We have been able make the necessary changes multiple ways. We've done it on the ship, during check-in at the pier and on our last cruise, our TA made the changes a week before we boarded. We were afraid this last time that it might result in a repricing but it didn't.

24 minutes ago, adolfo2 said:

Are you sure about the C&A discount as it's typically "Smoke & Mirrors". Additionally, is the hassle worth it unless it's more than $50?

I use a TA and get a group rate and the whole discount. Was $250 off. For $250 I'd do it. 

Each has to decide for their discount I guess if it's worth it. 

27 minutes ago, adolfo2 said:

Are you sure about the C&A discount as it's typically "Smoke & Mirrors". Additionally, is the hassle worth it unless it's more than $50?

Is this chart still in affect?  If so, a lot more than $50:

Platinum Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:

$ 50 * for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$200* for sailings of 10+ nights

Emerald Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:

$ 75 * for sailings of 3-5 nights

$125* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$225* for sailings of 10+ nights

Diamond Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:

$125* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$225* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$325* for sailings of 10+ nights

Diamond Plus Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:

$150* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$250* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$350* for sailings of 10+ nights

Pinnacle Club Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:

$175* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$275* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$375* for sailings of 10+ nights

*When booking less than 6 months from sailing date subtract $25 from the dollar amount.

7 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

Diamond Plus Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:

Pinnacle Club Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:

*When booking less than 6 months from sailing date subtract $25 from the dollar amount.

That is the current discount chart

25 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

Just to point out, discounts are earned for the individual, and if this becomes widespread, like the sharing of drink packages, it could become a distant memory.  

This sharing, unlike the drink package, seems be approved of by RCI. It introduces more people to cruising with RCI.

So, it sounds like this is a possibility. Can I book a cabin for myself and the wife under my user ID on the website and then she books another cabin for my in-laws under her user ID?

The only reason I'm asking is because when you book two cabins under one ID on the website, only the first cabin gets the discount. And yes, the discount is at least $200.

26 minutes ago, jbklyn88 said:

So, it sounds like this is a possibility. Can I book a cabin for myself and the wife under my user ID on the website and then she books another cabin for my in-laws under her user ID?

The only reason I'm asking is because when you book two cabins under one ID on the website, only the first cabin gets the discount. And yes, the discount is at least $200.

No.

In order to get the discount you must be in booked in the cabin

You and a relative in cabin A

Your wife and a relative in cabin B

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Yes, but, in many cases some "sale" may lower or totally negate the use of that discount.

I know you may not know the answer to this, not sure what your experience is.  But, your statement made me think of this, something I've been wondering about for some time now.  So, this is for anybody that may know.

Does this mean that the "Status" discount can not be stacked with other discounts?  If it can't be stacked with SOME other discounts, do you know which ones?  In other words, which discounts are stackable? And which are/are not stackable with which?  

This topic couldn't have come up at a better time.  We search and dig and spend a lot of time looking for discounts with just about everything we do.  It's my wife's favorite past time is shopping/searching for discounts and deals.  And I was just think about that last night.  Our cruise in October (Oceanview, spacious Balcony on Independence), we had so many discounts, we wound up just paying for taxes and fees (talking about just the fare).  The first ever competent RCCL Phone Answerer I've ever experienced suggested that we don't pre-pay the Gratuities and pay for them on the ship as we could us our BOA Royal Visa C.C. reward points to pay for them because you can't use the reward points for that in advance/paying for the booking.

1 minute ago, Ret MP said:

Does this mean that the "Status" discount can not be stacked with other discounts?  If it can't be stacked with SOME other discounts, do you know which ones?  In other words, which discounts are stackable? And which are/are not stackable with which?  

It is stackable with the main promo, i.e the 30% off all guest or 60% off the second guest.

It is not combinable with the weekly promos such as extra savings or OBC offers.  It is combinable with qualifiers such as senior, military, resident etc...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joseph2017China said:

Just to point out, discounts are earned for the individual, and if this becomes widespread, like the sharing of drink packages, it could become a distant memory.  

It was a while ago but I actually had a Royal agent suggest this to me

4 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

It's extremely rare to get anything remotely close to these discounts as in most instances one has booked under a "special" of some sort which is technically a greater savings. Only way to be sure is a dummy booking with & w/o the C&A number.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, adolfo2 said:

It's extremely rare to get anything remotely close to these discounts as in most instances one has booked under a "special" of some sort which is technically a greater savings. Only way to be sure is a dummy booking with & w/o the C&A number.

I have booked a few cruise where my (Diamond) balcony discount shows up as being $226, whereas the advertised discount is $225.