Buying 100 Carnival Shares on Monday, Cruise on Saturday

Guardsy

No harm in trying! $250 OBC is nothing to sneeze it. 
Hope it can be processed in time. Perhaps you can put an alert at the top of the submittal, and plead for mercy that someone bumps it to the top. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

I have had success requesting this with only 2 days prior to sailing - it was accepted quickly and applied.    No guarantee but worth trying.

Yes, but you *owned* the shares and had a statement thereof, way before two days. Just saying. Seems like they wouldn't want people buying (at least at these prices) just before sailing, because they might sell quickly after the cruise. 

• Like 1

We always fax our proof of ownership in and usually have our acceptance sent by HAL within 2 hours to 2 days. As a failsafe we also bring our proof of ownership with us in case the credit isn't shown. There was only one time that we needed to have the credit handled onboard and it was quickly taken care of. Take your paperwork and enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

Email it in....in the last month we emailed our info and had a confirmation in 24 to 48 hours.  

Pay $700 for Carnival stock (100 shares at $7/share) and immediately receive a $250 dividend!

Enjoy the OBC and the journey!

• Haha 1

Just purchased 100 shares today at $6.81. Emailed confirmation and received a response within 10 minutes that my $250 OBC was applied!! I owned CCL in 2001 but sold in 2008 for a nice profit so this is a really good price per share!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DesertDogs said:

Just purchased 100 shares today at $6.81. Emailed confirmation and received a response within 10 minutes that my $250 OBC was applied!! I owned CCL in 2001 but sold in 2008 for a nice profit so this is a really good price per share!

Nice job 🙂 

• Like 1

On 10/1/2022 at 5:11 PM, Florida_gal_50 said:

Hopefully the op will come back to say if it worked.  I’m not the most optimistic person in the world but I think it could happen.  I wouldn’t want to test the theory though just for giggles.

I did go through and purchase the shares this week and sent the paperwork off to HAL.  No confirmation of the OBC yet, but via phone I was told it is not an issue.  Just take the paperwork with us and have the pursers desk add it when we board.

Note:  I believe that CCL stock value will be fine in time.  In believing so, I purchased 150 shares so that we would have the 100 shares for OBC at a very modest cost, and keep 50 shares to hold until the value more than covers all of my initial hard costs to purchase the 150 shares of stock.  No harm, no foul.

Even if, in the worst case, the stock should become worthless, we are fortunate that the $1,000 or so spent means near nothing in our savings.  

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Guardsy said:

I did go through and purchase the shares this week and sent the paperwork off to HAL.  No confirmation of the OBC yet, but via phone I was told it is not an issue.  Just take the paperwork with us and have the pursers desk add it when we board.

Note:  I believe that CCL stock value will be fine in time.  In believing so, I purchased 150 shares so that we would have the 100 shares for OBC at a very modest cost, and keep 50 shares to hold until the value more than covers all of my initial hard costs to purchase the 150 shares of stock.  No harm, no foul.

Even if, in the worst case, the stock should become worthless, we are fortunate that the $1,000 or so spent means near nothing in our savings.  

UPDATE.  Just spoke with HAL and they said the credit WAS applied to our account 2 days ago.  Basically, the same day that I purchased the stock and first submitted the paperwork.  So, it does work!  Yeah!  Now, onto packing for our flight tomorrow to our embarkation port!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Guardsy said:

I'm SO happy to hear it worked out for you.  I had a good feeling.  Thank you for the update.  It's always good to hear that things worked out.  I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Edited by Florida_gal_50
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Guardsy said:

I bought 100 shares a couple of years ago and recently bought another 100. Hoping the second purchase goes up enough to cover my losses on the first. I, too, am not worried about the long term.

Jim

Edited by jeh10641
Too many numbers.
  • Like 1

On 10/1/2022 at 2:54 PM, Guardsy said:

Hoping I can complete this deal in time for a 14-day cruise on HAL.  At the price it is at, YES!

Would you mind sharing where your purchased your shares (if this is allowed on this board)?  I want to take advantage of the same kind of opportunity.    Thanks.  

1 hour ago, Derbie said:

Would you mind sharing where your purchased your shares (if this is allowed on this board)?  I want to take advantage of the same kind of opportunity.    Thanks.  

We have an open account with Charles Schwab.  Simple, fast.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Thanks to @StLouisCruisers for providing all of the information needed, I have just sent (2) emails for our back-to-back cruises (two booking numbers) with a jpg of a pdf (with account# and address blacked out) of our last-quarter statement. Will pop back in to say when it comes through!

You're welcome @crystalspin!  We need to send off for OBC for our February Princess cruise now that I think about it.

Let me take this opportunity to thank you for all the information you give to others here on the HAL board.  You're a big help to many people here.

• Thanks 1

On 10/6/2022 at 2:32 PM, Derbie said:

Janney, Montgomery and Scott in NY.

I am currently having a spat with HAL  they come across as being pretty useless

on many levels.

13 September I sent off the only documentation I have for shares I bought when they were

cheap at £30!!!!!  .    I have used the same documentation for many cruises  since they stopped 

paying dividends,  a copy of the share certificate  and a copy showing my holding as at the

date I send it.   These are of course UK shares in Carnival plc   which are registered a

UK registrar  Equiniti.   Granted we have not cruised with HAL for some time but  many

times with Princess.    Our TA has sent off to HAL but has indicated even they have to wait 2

weeks or so for a reply.

Any UK folks reading this ? have you had any problems?

Some have posted you can  get the credit added on board  I hope that is the case.

as it looks as if that will be what I am doing.